MM is unfair

General Discussion
Highly Rated
ok so currently i am a mid plat player, i havent played that much comp i manly play to get my first rank.

but recently when i q into quick play i meet much higher rated players. and that sucks really hard cus now i cant even play the damn game just to have fun.

how am i supposed to have fun if i loose like 10 games before winning 1?
You have to practice and get better at the game, thats something you have to do on your own. I use competitive for quickplay now, not only am I either winning or losing games but at least im improving and I get competitive points for every win i get.
I've been experiencing the complete opposite lately. I'm a high Diamond to mid Masters player and I keep getting Gold rated and lower in my quickplay games. Last season I saw a whole lot more Masters and Grandmasters players in my quickplay games, now they're few and far between. Not sure if this has to do with my performance in quickplay, bad matchmaking or bad luck.
MM=Mercy Mains, so I have to agree
It rises and falls quickly. I went on a three day winning streak a couple of days ago. Today and yesterday however I've been getting matched with really bad teams. I think it's because the match maker is bloating my skill. I do good when my team is competent. However, I cannot simply carry a team against players who are more or less equal in skill yo myself.

Yet being at an 80 SR disadvantage was the standard for today and for yesterday.

It's really frustrating having to fight.a team of two masters and four grandmasters when my team has two masters, two grandmasters and two diamonds.
Quick Play and Competitive have separate internal matchmaking ratings. Sometimes Competitive players play off heroes for practice in Quick Play causing their matchmaking rating to be lower in Quick Play than it is in Competitive. Also, in Competitive, we will force very highly skilled players to wait much longer than we do in Quick Play.

This is good feedback, though. We'll continue to look into issues like this and see if there are improvements to made.
JEFF WE MISSED YOU
05/26/2017 08:52 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Quick Play and Competitive have separate internal matchmaking ratings. Sometimes Competitive players play off heroes for practice in Quick Play causing their matchmaking rating to be lower in Quick Play than it is in Competitive. Also, in Competitive, we will force very highly skilled players to wait much longer than we do in Quick Play.

This is good feedback, though. We'll continue to look into issues like this and see if there are improvements to made.

here we good.
How about looking at QP last minute leavers? They ruin the game for all. Nobody likes to backfill to see DEFEAT and the players who did not leave have no chance to win because backfillers are in loadingscreens etc.
jeff pls remove standard items from event loot boxes
Don't be rude and tell Jeff where to post guys. I'm pro changing this event, but let's not ruin other people's topics.

give us unranked mode.

Это так приятно играть в быстрой игре против вдовы 4300, когда ты всего лишь 3000.
05/26/2017 09:06 AMPosted by keeeyt

give us unranked mode.

Unranked mode wouldn't be taken seriously by most people. Off-season comp is essentially unranked mode, and that was a mess last time

give us unranked mode.

Lul you mean the dumpster fire that is off-season? Same thing as unranked mode, even worse than qp somehow

Can you also look at the 9000 throwers at the end of the season? :^)

give us unranked mode.

You mean quick play. Because that's what a mode without rewards or consequences for victory and defeat respectively ultimately boils down to. The shenanigans in QP exist because there are no consequences for said shenanigans. It's nothing Blizzard can do anything about without banning over half their player base or deleting half the hero roster.

I would appreciate if Blizzard made pre-mades vs randoms in Quick play never happen. It'd be one thing if the group was formed in a prior match and everyone clicked "stay as team." They just got lucky 90% of the time. But I have to assume that any 6-man is some group of try hards that will stomp my team of randoms, so I leave during assembly and requeue.

Speaking of requeuing, why is the system so bad at filling 1-2 empty slots and so often prefers to drop everyone from the lobby and force a requeue? Usually it's the games where only 1-2 people leave at the end of the match that were really good match ups to begin with, so it's almost always a shame to be forced back to the title screen.
05/26/2017 08:34 AMPosted by infamous067
You have to practice and get better at the game, thats something you have to do on your own. I use competitive for quickplay now, not only am I either winning or losing games but at least im improving and I get competitive points for every win i get.

I love that you keep those separated, so you can experiment on quick play without being afraid of loosing your mmr on competitive.

Sounds like there should be at least some crossover, at least so that diamonds don't go up against bronze or something like that.