The Anniversary Stream Has Been Awful

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
We don't care to watch 15 rounds of McCree's going 1v1.

I was expecting Blizzard to be discussing the game, talk about community influences, what they found worked, what didn't, biggest change in their opinion, what surprised them most during the first year, what went as planned, etc...

Show us some of the concept art for the new map, take one character and walk us through the process of animating the dances...come on guys.

Edit -

For those who want the stream link: http://www.twitch.tv/playoverwatch?sr=a

Edit 2 -

Currently a countdown (18:30) on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/146885321

Edit 3 -
Countdown lead to the stream restarting, further disappointment.
Meanwhile Jeff is left in an 8'x8' cell with nothing but a Pachamari plush for sustenance.
05/24/2017 02:17 PMPosted by SuperEgo
Meanwhile Jeff is left in an 8'x8' cell with nothing but a Pachamari plush for sustenance.

I'd rather watch Jeff work in his office and push out emails via Outlook than what's on the stream right now lol.
The 15 or so minutes with Jeff commentating and the 2devs doing 3v3s was good.

Although they've yet to show a new short I had forgotten how amazing they've been.

The Mcree 1v1s are kinda fun aside from the Mei interference.

The Q&A's with the guests were very poorly edited and are getting repetitive.

Just try and have fun w it and don't expect the world.
The 15 or so minutes with Jeff commentating and the 2devs doing 3v3s was good.

Although they've yet to show a new short I had forgotten how amazing they've been.

The McCree 1v1s are kinda fun aside from the Mei interference.

The Q&A's with the guests were very poorly edited and are getting repetitive.

Just try and have fun w it and don't expect the world.

Not wanting 30 mins of McCre vs McCree isn't asking for the world.

The segment with Jeff was decent but there's tons of stuff they could have done to make this more entertaining.

For example - the most memorable moments section. Show the game play footage, it's easy to recreate those if you coordinate. Get 12 people, ask what your fav moment is, recreate it, play video over the voices.
The games that they are playing are fun to watch... but all the Q&A's and videos are getting played over and over again which is very annoying.

I was expecting something more of this stream (like mabye a certain hero reveal), not just some guys and girls playing overwatch together.
05/24/2017 02:27 PMPosted by Cyphax
The games that they are playing are fun to watch... but all the Q&A's and videos are getting played over and over again which is very annoying.

I was expecting something more of this stream (like mabye a certain hero reveal), not just some guys and girls playing overwatch together.

The replays are needed for those that join the stream later so that's I understand but they're dry.
I was hoping for a making of documentary or something. I really liked all those "fun fact" videos Jeff was doing with IGN.
FFS IT'S McCree

Not McRee......
05/24/2017 02:29 PMPosted by SuperEgo
I was hoping for a making of documentary or something. I really liked all those "fun fact" videos Jeff was doing with IGN.

Yes, this would be a great segment. Have two teams go head to head and give brutally honest commentary for comedic relief, have fun with it, enjoy it.

Come on guys!
Soooo they give us a stream but not a comic or cinematic?

Ok then....
05/24/2017 02:31 PMPosted by Darrath
FFS IT'S McCree

Not McRee......

Went back and fixed them just for you.
Only awful? A !@#$ING SHAME, Nothing special NOTHING!
05/24/2017 02:34 PMPosted by DreamCatcher

Ok then....

Hey now, I need to watch a grandmaster coach an average player in a quick play match at level 1 on a new account where the game is so easy you can't actually learn anything of use.
Yeah I don't really understand what the point of this was. If this stream happened before the event went live, that would make sense, since it would hype people up for the event itself. This was like showing off a movie trailer after everyone has already seen the movie.
Yeah i was disappointed of the stream, seeing a bunch of people at least i got no clue who is, except for Stylosa, at least for me dident make for a very interesting stream.

Hearing the devs talk about the new maps was 100% the most interesting thing trough the whole stream, and that was honestly a bit too short, one of the devs was about to talk about some lore elements on Necropolis, he was just interrupted and the game was started.
05/24/2017 02:31 PMPosted by Darrath
FFS IT'S McCree

Not McRee......

Well good McCree players have a habit of making enemy players go REEEEEE
Nice try ... but nothing more. Was streaming while working and got bored very fast. Everything seems to be shut down or lowered to a minimum needs ... whats up with you Blizzard? Things like THIS is not what we wanna see on a big hyped anniversary ... your FANS could do a better stream with a smaller amount of money !!!
Can you link the stream?
05/24/2017 02:36 PMPosted by SuperEgo
05/24/2017 02:34 PMPosted by DreamCatcher

Ok then....

Hey now, I need to watch a grandmaster coach an average player in a quick play match at level 1 on a new account where the game is so easy you can't actually learn anything of use.

Sounds like it's a blast over there....