Symmetra super viable in Attack - Explained

Competitive Discussion
Since the season is over i can share some great sym tricks on attack

1. Right click spam -> goes through all shields -> Does good damage vs rein and people behind him, i once did 5k dmg spamming the Anubis stairs choke in under a minute.

2. Shield gen (best ultimate in the game) if not destroyed you can expect your team to win teamfights more frequently. Personally i almost never use TP on attack.

3. Turrets on attack, Place these along the way when u push (houses, corners etc) and lure ppl in them, Symmetra is a God in 2cp maps. Why? Take volskaya, your team gets a pick on 2nd point, once symmetra gets into the point she can place UP TO 6 TURRETS on the entrances of the points, i win the 2nd point 90% of the time when i can trap it properly. Its absolutely hell for the enemy retake.

4. Autoaim while pocketed by mercy usually nets me 3 for 1.

extra tips.

- Nano boost symmetra is insane
- you can turret under the edge of the buildings in Kings row (enemies cant see them but the turrets will fire)
- Symmetra can take out torb turrets safely
- Symmetra shuts down genji harder than anyone, genji cant ult near the turrets (spider web)
- people below master have no clue how to deal with attack symmetra, people below diamond cant aim.

symmetras biggest counter is a good tracer who ults the shield gens and focuses only sym.

hope this helps!
Sym is very strong. People just assume that becuase she's a "support" she shouldn't be played.

I really don't get the hate she gets. I've never lost a match from someone playing sym.
But you only have 8 minutes on Sym....
05/30/2017 04:43 PMPosted by CoffeeGirl

look at competitive. 56 hours
Thanks for the tips I usually only play her on defence. I'm not quite as comfortable on attack as Symmetra. But I have been working on my turret placements a lot :)
Symmetra's best attributes imho...

- Her entire playstyle revolves around punishing poor play/positioning.
- Enemy teams often spend so much time focusing symmetra's ultimates that their lack of attention to the objective/team fight gets them killed. (Example: GM Symmetra main Stevoo will often use his ultimate as a method of baiting enemies, instead of camping it like what is commonly seen)
- No one punishes uncoordinated choke poking quite as hard as Symmetra.
- She is one of the most effective heroes at spawn camping.
- Her projected shield grants her survivability and possible bait-play with CC abilities such as flashbang and hook.
- Offensive symmetras are rarely played against, leading to people not respecting her ability to deny space to the enemy.
- She's fun as hell to play. :^)
05/30/2017 04:10 PMPosted by Siffer
symmetras biggest counter is a good tracer who ults the shield gens and focuses only sym.

How do you deal with a Tracer who is almost exclusively hunting you down?
05/30/2017 07:28 PMPosted by Scraunched

Turrets and a lucky or calculated orb shot down a tunnel will kill tracer instantly.....stop telling them sym secrets let them keep complaining about the pick on attack
I'd hardly say tracer is the best sym counter. Tracer can harass a sym, thats about it. Sym has plenty of survivability to escape and group with her team sending the tracer on a suicide mission if she continues to engage. While destroying the shield gen is important, it's a waste of a tracer ult to do so. Truthfully tracer can just shoot the dang thing and blow it up in like 3 clips. Sombra can blow it up in one clip. Take out the gen when possible but dont over commit. I've seen winstons stand around for 10 seconds trying to blow up a gen while his team gets decimated by a solo genji.

I think sym is so good on 2 cp maps as attack because she is the ultimate contest breaker. You know when the enemy team has staggered spawns and they all go cancer mains to just stall forever? Mei, dva, genji, tracer, lucio, winston, etc? Sym can kill all of these due to her ability to mow down almost any individual player who tries to 1v1 her at close range. She can kill them fast enough to break their spawn stagger and stop the single file string of players who keep throwing themselves on the point in a desperate bid to contest. ESPECIALLY once she gets her turrets up. Whenever I'm not playing sym and I can see the enemy team is in panic mode disregarding counters and only trying to contest, I immediately go sym and usually within the next push we take it handily.

Also I dont agree with trying to bait people into turrets while attacking, I think instead you should extend yourself as far ahead as possible and set turret traps to surprise the incoming enemies looking to rejoin their team. From their point of view they feel safe because they're walking half way through an empty area of the field where there is no fight.
I don't play her to be honest. I don't mind her on my team if she gets her ult up in a timely fashion. I've played with some bad ones though. If she does her job I don't care. That's kind of my thought on any player. I don't care who you pick as long as you are helping the team.
Attack sym good if you have good solo healer.
I've found that the easiest way to deal with sym is to just shoot her. If I happen to be in a duel with her because either of us were out of place I focus just as much as I would a tracer and I go for the crits.
Once I started with this sym became way less of a problem.
People that run away seem to die though
05/30/2017 04:43 PMPosted by CoffeeGirl

over 100+ hours total

05/30/2017 07:28 PMPosted by Scraunched

sometimes lucky right clicks, but at GM level i almost have to swap to zen or something else.

05/30/2017 08:59 PMPosted by BenStiller69
I'd hardly say tracer is the best sym counter. Tracer can harass a sym, thats about it. Sym has plenty of survivability to escape and group with her team sending the tracer on a suicide mission if she continues to engage. While destroying the shield gen is important, it's a waste of a tracer ult to do so. Truthfully tracer can just shoot the dang thing and blow it up in like 3 clips. Sombra can blow it up in one clip. Take out the gen when possible but dont over commit. I've seen winstons stand around for 10 seconds trying to blow up a gen while his team gets decimated by a solo genji.

I think sym is so good on 2 cp maps as attack because she is the ultimate contest breaker. You know when the enemy team has staggered spawns and they all go cancer mains to just stall forever? Mei, dva, genji, tracer, lucio, winston, etc? Sym can kill all of these due to her ability to mow down almost any individual player who tries to 1v1 her at close range. She can kill them fast enough to break their spawn stagger and stop the single file string of players who keep throwing themselves on the point in a desperate bid to contest. ESPECIALLY once she gets her turrets up. Whenever I'm not playing sym and I can see the enemy team is in panic mode disregarding counters and only trying to contest, I immediately go sym and usually within the next push we take it handily.

Also I dont agree with trying to bait people into turrets while attacking, I think instead you should extend yourself as far ahead as possible and set turret traps to surprise the incoming enemies looking to rejoin their team. From their point of view they feel safe because they're walking half way through an empty area of the field where there is no fight.

in 1vs1 scenario she can just run away without getting hit, its really annoying to play against
05/31/2017 06:07 AMPosted by Siffer
in 1vs1 scenario she can just run away without getting hit, its really annoying to play against
yeah tracers are definitely annoying for sym, mainly just because they keep me in check and forbid me from flanking and getting picks. But it's not like how a winston can just repeatedly kill me forcing me to switch off.
Stop giving away our secrets man.

This is why I hate streamers. Find something good and everyone starts doing it.

My attack Sym wins a lot of games :P
05/31/2017 06:07 AMPosted by Siffer
yeah tracers are definitely annoying for sym, mainly just because they keep me in check and forbid me from flanking and getting picks. But it's not like how a winston can just repeatedly kill me forcing me to switch off.

with shield gen up i can somewhat battle a winston, atleast keep him off and run to my team. Also it takes winston ages to kill the shield gen... + often i see bad winstons just jump on me when im right behind me team and my team just nukes him down. Not saying winston isnt a counter, but he isnt that bad.
I honestly agree with this. Attack Symm works really well. Thanks for the tips. I'll use these alot more in game
05/31/2017 04:54 PMPosted by HanaZura
I honestly agree with this. Attack Symm works really well. Thanks for the tips. I'll use these alot more in game

good luck dude!