Season 4 End Date?

Competitive Discussion
I have talked to some of my friends, but I want to make sure, does season 4 end today?
05/16/2017 03:19 AMPosted by BlackHole
I have talked to some of my friends, but I want to make sure, does season 4 end today?

Jeff himself stated in a forum post recently that they will be adding a countdown timer to the 'competitive play' card nearer the time season 4 ends, which is pretty soon.
6 hours ago

Jeff himself stated in a forum post recently that they will be adding a countdown timer to the 'competitive play' card nearer the time season 4 ends, which is pretty soon.

Source? Not that I don't believe you outright, it's more for someone else that I know will ask me. This is good to hear
05/16/2017 09:50 AMPosted by Borisof007
6 hours ago

Source? Not that I don't believe you outright, it's more for someone else that I know will ask me. This is good to hear

He did In a post about a week ago
We are indeed adding a countdown to the current competitive season's end in an upcoming patch.

In the meantime, I can let you know that Season 4 will end on May 29 at 0:00 UTC. We decided to have a shorter amount of "offseason" time without competitive play as compared to previous seasons.

As a reminder, the time of May 29 0:00 UTC can correspond to different time and date depending on where you live in the world. As an example, that date and time is May 28 5:00pm Pacific Daylight Time or May 28 8:00pm Eastern Daylight Time.
Holy crap, you heard it here first folks!
Can you post a seasons' schedule somewhere to prevent such trivial questions in the future?
05/16/2017 10:44 AMPosted by Scott Mercer
We are indeed adding a countdown to the current competitive season's end in an upcoming patch.

In the meantime, I can let you know that Season 4 will end on May 29 at 0:00 UTC. We decided to have a shorter amount of "offseason" time without competitive play as compared to previous seasons.

As a reminder, the time of May 29 0:00 UTC can correspond to different time and date depending on where you live in the world. As an example, that date and time is May 28 5:00pm Pacific Daylight Time or May 28 8:00pm Eastern Daylight Time.

Scott, can you do the community a solid and publish the actual leaver/DC stats for competitive? These numbers are vastly overstated by the community.

''Shorter than usual'' Oh come on, they've always been super short.
Also Scott, should be sitting up overnight for the Event, or would you recommend that we distract ourselves with something else until next week? ;)
Well this thread is sure to get all the bumps now that it has an official response.

Source?

Hopefully that source will work. LMAO
05/16/2017 10:53 AMPosted by Linux

Source?

LOL, that's quite amusing.
05/16/2017 10:53 AMPosted by Linux

Source?

This news is so fake.

:)
Sigh :(

I have to play at least 6 more games to keep my top 500 hopefully....

Are you guys considering adding more competitive rewards? The golden gun is ok.....but there should be more.
05/16/2017 11:08 AMPosted by SleepyBear

Are you guys considering adding more competitive rewards? The golden gun is ok.....but there should be more.

I think some further fine tuning to the skill rating system and better handling of leavers and throwers is more important than adding more cosmetic items at the moment. However, with the off season being so short I have a feeling season 5 will be pretty much the same as season 4 :(.
Finally the end date has been confirmed. I’ve been waiting for this. Thank you, Scott!
So how short is the off season then? Isn't it usually only a week anyways?
05/16/2017 10:50 AMPosted by HiddenSquid

Scott, can you do the community a solid and publish the actual leaver/DC stats for competitive? These numbers are vastly overstated by the community.

Without the numbers, who are you to say that they are vastly overstated by the community? Hell, maybe they are even worse than the community is saying. Your argument has the same problem as the one you are arguing against.