Season 4 End Date?

Competitive Discussion
05/16/2017 10:50 AMPosted by HiddenSquid
05/16/2017 10:44 AMPosted by Scott Mercer
We are indeed adding a countdown to the current competitive season's end in an upcoming patch.

In the meantime, I can let you know that Season 4 will end on May 29 at 0:00 UTC. We decided to have a shorter amount of "offseason" time without competitive play as compared to previous seasons.

As a reminder, the time of May 29 0:00 UTC can correspond to different time and date depending on where you live in the world. As an example, that date and time is May 28 5:00pm Pacific Daylight Time or May 28 8:00pm Eastern Daylight Time.

Scott, can you do the community a solid and publish the actual leaver/DC stats for competitive? These numbers are vastly overstated by the community.
i think they said before they can't tell if it's a dc or just a straight up leaver
Shorter offseason sounds great!
05/16/2017 11:55 AMPosted by destroyer
Shorter offseason sounds great!
I remember when it was three weeks... Three days is so much better.
05/16/2017 11:43 AMPosted by ǶDeionOG

Scott, can you do the community a solid and publish the actual leaver/DC stats for competitive? These numbers are vastly overstated by the community.
i think they said before they can't tell if it's a dc or just a straight up leaver

He's asking for the stats to determine how frequent leavers (whether DC'd or not) really are. It doesn't matter what the leaver's intention was when your still in there going 5v6.
Damn, I have to play at minimum 14 more games.
We are indeed adding a countdown to the current competitive season's end in an upcoming patch.

In the meantime, I can let you know that Season 4 will end on May 29 at 0:00 UTC. We decided to have a shorter amount of "offseason" time without competitive play as compared to previous seasons.

As a reminder, the time of May 29 0:00 UTC can correspond to different time and date depending on where you live in the world. As an example, that date and time is May 28 5:00pm Pacific Daylight Time or May 28 8:00pm Eastern Daylight Time.
How long will the offseason be ?
05/16/2017 11:04 AMPosted by Magnus
Sigh :(

I have to play at least 6 more games to keep my top 500 hopefully....

Why so many downvotes Lol

Is this patch going to fix the match making system and stop putting solo players in hell?

i got a dc / leaver in about 4 games strait once. and for around a week i got one every 2-4 games.
I really hope I can grind to silver this season

I usually loose twice and quit for a month >.<
Im looking forward to this fix on the decay system so much... look at that decay... smh
Remember, a shorter off-season could mean little to no changes to season 5's competitive play. A shorter off-season is nice but can also be bad news for another three months.
8==D
Hoo boy, Derankers galore from here on out.
05/16/2017 04:20 PMPosted by IXEL
Remember, a shorter off-season could mean little to no changes to season 5's competitive play. A shorter off-season is nice but can also be bad news for another three months.

It's really starting to get annoying. Matchmaking is the worst its been since the game started. Ever since the Season End announcement was made, the matches have been horribly easy or frustratingly hard thanks to derankers and trolls. The qualifiers don't tell you crap, you can do better each year, get golds and POTG's, and still be thrown into your current rank or dropped.
Instead of a flashy countdown timer, how about a improvement breakdown on your Qualifiers. Things you are doing well with the characters you played and things to improve upon. You could also show a breakdown by character of what stats are required to be in each Competitive Level.
05/16/2017 11:33 AMPosted by Namsu
So how short is the off season then? Isn't it usually only a week anyways?
It's only a day or two, depending on where you live. I believe that it's 3 days at the maximum

Holy !@#$ blizzard actually replied to a thread.
05/16/2017 12:56 PMPosted by Izzy
Damn, I have to play at minimum 14 more games.

Do you even math? :)
You need to play 2 max.
The decay starts after a week.
Oh thank god its ending soon cause I've been banned since mid season.
05/17/2017 05:34 AMPosted by LuckyTiger
Oh thank god its ending soon cause I've been banned since mid season.

Maybe you should stop leaving? Or being toxic. Lol