Just Hit Masters

Competitive Discussion
05/18/2017 09:38 AMPosted by ǶDeionOG
Anyone can get to whatever rank they want just practice and play hard.

no not really but thanks for the vote of confidence. You have to actually have the mechanical skill behind you to get into masters. I played with a guy last night that legit didnt understand the answer to the question "what hero do you play best?" he truely didnt understand and gave like 3 weird answers before someone just explained the question thoroughly.

that guy will never be in masters and neither will I lol

sincere congrats on your climb though maybe GM next!!
05/18/2017 11:52 AMPosted by Solitara
05/18/2017 09:38 AMPosted by ǶDeionOG
Anyone can get to whatever rank they want just practice and play hard.

no not really but thanks for the vote of confidence. You have to actually have the mechanical skill behind you to get into masters. I played with a guy last night that legit didnt understand the answer to the question "what hero do you play best?" he truely didnt understand and gave like 3 weird answers before someone just explained the question thoroughly.

that guy will never be in masters and neither will I lol

sincere congrats on your climb though maybe GM next!!
i appreciate it but you can't think like that. you can definitely get there without mechanical aim. for example rein,winston,mercy,symmetra heros like that take game sense and that can take you a LONG WAY. believe in yourself seriously.
congrats
Boosted or carried, watch him tank rank over the next month.
05/18/2017 12:18 PMPosted by xGenjiCarryx
all these guys who boost say the same thing "believe in yourself" "you have to meditate and be zen with the one-ness godess" and other bull!@#$. you boosted, you didn't go from gold to masters in a few days with winston.
what are you talking about lol
05/18/2017 10:39 AMPosted by Deventh
05/18/2017 09:52 AMPosted by ŦǾMMŶŦǾPȐǾƇƘ

I'm happy for you my dude!!! My original goal was to hit Diamond but now new goal for Seasom 5-6 is Masters as well.

Time for us to keep supporting XQC and keep improving : )

I can't wait to get Winston golden weapon. Will almost have 3k after season rewards.

Why Winston though? Am I missing something? Is Winston the new meta?

I just enjoy playing him and with his 2 buffs I feel he is very strong right now. DVA + Winston is very strong on maps with verticality.

Dive comp is also Amazing to play. Harder then sitting behind a Rein shield but more fun.
05/18/2017 11:01 AMPosted by HiddenSquid
05/18/2017 10:58 AMPosted by CoffeeGirl
As a Mercy main, Winston is my worst nightmare especially if he makes it a goal to only kill the healers.

As Mercy, you should have no issues against a Winston (unless he is accompanied by 1-2 other flankers).

Simply put his leap is 6 seconds while you can GA every 2. You can also fly as he jumps and avoid him entirely. His ultimate is also poor against Mercy as you can fly around and regen making it difficult for him to hit/kill you.

Keep track of where he is and have a 2 stop flight plan for where you're going to go if he jumps.

It is tuff to kill mercy for sure ... she just keeps flying away. Need a genji or tracer to dive with me.

Winston wrecks Lucio, Zen and Ana if you can bubble the sleep dark .. or at the very least you make everyone waste their abilities. Winston also can mess up Mccree, Soldier and Gengu.

He applies pressure which is helpful when everyone is super scared to push past the choke.
05/18/2017 12:18 PMPosted by xGenjiCarryx
all these guys who boost say the same thing "believe in yourself" "you have to meditate and be zen with the one-ness godess" and other bull!@#$. you boosted, you didn't go from gold to masters in a few days with winston.

You realize he has 120 hours of comp this season lol when did he say gold to masters in a few days? He obviously plays more heroes then Winston as well. Just talking nonsense.
05/18/2017 02:51 PMPosted by ŦǾMMŶŦǾPȐǾƇƘ
You realize he has 120 hours of comp this season lol when did he say gold to masters in a few days? He obviously plays more heroes then Winston as well. Just talking nonsense.
140 hours. He has put more time in this one season than I've been able to in all four seasons. It's great that he made a goal and succeeded at it, but this isn't something fast and easy.
Hey man congrats on your Masters rank but I see you have already instantly plummeted 500 sr and are almost platinum was wondering what happened and if you just stopped "believing in yourself" or if you plan on getting boosted back to Masters before the season ends k thx bye

gottem
According to this forum it is NOT possible to climb in this game.
05/25/2017 01:56 PMPosted by xGenjiCarryx
Hey man congrats on your Masters rank but I see you have already instantly plummeted 500 sr and are almost platinum was wondering what happened and if you just stopped "believing in yourself" or if you plan on getting boosted back to Masters before the season ends k thx bye

gottem

lol wow. You kept tabs on this guy?

gottem

You are like an uber ahole but you are so right hahaha.

05/25/2017 02:04 PMPosted by Aero

That's what I was thinking haha.

But you have to admit he's right, this guy got hella boosted its so obvious.

gottem

I was doing a search for a forum post in my browser history and opened this to see if this is what I was looking for, it wasn't but thought I'd check his rank and see the people who thought he was boosted were right since he's gone from masters to practically platinum. feelsvindicatedman
You've never played Hanzo or Widow in this season? You have my respect.
aimbot works well?
05/25/2017 02:17 PMPosted by xGenjiCarryx

I was doing a search for a forum post in my browser history and opened this to see if this is what I was looking for, it wasn't but thought I'd check his rank and see the people who thought he was boosted were right since he's gone from masters to practically platinum. feelsvindicatedman

Vindicated? You mean relieved to see someone fail so you don't have to feel as bad about yourself? Although I don't really see it as failing.. has your SR never fluctuated? Or maybe he's just screwing around cause its the end of the season. In any case, it's sad to see people cheering on losses.

I don't even get the whole boosted logic. So everyone master+ is boosted? Then who the hell does the boosting? Or is it because he used to be gold? Aha! So that's the problem! The so called fixed mindset of losers. You are gold, therefore you can never be anything more than that. Hundreds of hours of deliberate practice will have no effect because your fate is to be gold.

I bet you fail at everything else too.
05/25/2017 02:48 PMPosted by putka
05/25/2017 02:17 PMPosted by xGenjiCarryx

Vindicated? You mean relieved to see someone fail so you don't have to feel as bad about yourself? Although I don't really see it as failing.. has your SR never fluctuated? Or maybe he's just screwing around cause its the end of the season. In any case, it's sad to see people cheering on losses.

I don't even get the whole boosted logic. So everyone master+ is boosted? Then who the hell does the boosting? Or is it because he used to be gold? Aha! So that's the problem! The so called fixed mindset of losers. You are gold, therefore you can never be anything more than that. Hundreds of hours of deliberate practice will have no effect because your fate is to be gold.

man you sure over analyzed the !@#$ out of that. It's really simple, when someone goes all the way from gold to masters, and brags about it on the forum any logical person would suspect the person was carried or boosted. Do you know how much skill you would have to gain to go from gold tier to the top 2% of players in North America (Masters)? So I come back less than a week later and surprise surprise he has already gone down 500 mmr. At what point do you start to be convinced that this person was carried? Or do you go through life believing everything everyone tells you?

You seem almost a bit psychotic with your assumptions to be honest lol. But I understand why you're defending him, because you main the easiest hero in the game, Mercy, and got carried to your rank with the group you play with. Makes sense to defend someone who does the same thing you do, because if you started a new account and solo q'ed only then you'd be stuck in bronze, where you belong.
05/18/2017 09:43 AMPosted by MVP
boosted?

boosted? cuz you are 3000 right now, you fell 500sr in 8 days
05/25/2017 03:49 PMPosted by xGenjiCarryx
05/25/2017 02:48 PMPosted by putka

man you sure over analyzed the !@#$ out of that. It's really simple, when someone goes all the way from gold to masters, and brags about it on the forum any logical person would suspect the person was carried or boosted. Do you know how much skill you would have to gain to go from gold tier to the top 2% of players in North America (Masters)? So I come back less than a week later and surprise surprise he has already gone down 500 mmr. At what point do you start to be convinced that this person was carried? Or do you go through life believing everything everyone tells you?

You seem almost a bit psychotic with your assumptions to be honest lol. But I understand why you're defending him, because you main the easiest hero in the game, Mercy, and got carried to your rank with the group you play with. Makes sense to defend someone who does the same thing you do, because if you started a new account and solo q'ed only then you'd be stuck in bronze, where you belong.
i ragged about being masters? i have literally about 300+ hours since being gold. that's 300 hours on this game practicing. i solo Q and solo Q only. everybody can say boosted all they want. just know i worked hard my rank.