Bastion: Did we as a community overreact?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
05/29/2017 06:18 PMPosted by DreadyBear
I'm sure we could have left the bastion that survived Hanzo Tracer Genji Pharah Reaper Mccree Roadhog and Solider ult (probably missing some)
He couldn't actually survive McCree ult on live ever.
Also I'm not sure about the Pharah and Roadhog stuff, those actually do lots of damage.
05/29/2017 06:15 PMPosted by Pondering
Reverting Bastion back to where he was before the rework is a mistake in the making even if the recon changes are kept.

The biggest problem Bastion has is without a team to provide cover for him, he is instantly focused down by burst damage. Ironclad provides Bastion with better self sustain while in sentry mode. The problem is they overturned him when the first released the rework and reverted him back to a point where ironclad is not that effective. I would say that they should increase ironclad in small increments till they reach point where he has self sustain without being the nightmare he was during the initial 2.0 release.

I feel like 25% should be a good number for ironclad
05/29/2017 06:23 PMPosted by SlayerAdam
05/29/2017 06:18 PMPosted by DreadyBear
I'm sure we could have left the bastion that survived Hanzo Tracer Genji Pharah Reaper Mccree Roadhog and Solider ult (probably missing some)
He couldn't actually survive McCree ult on live ever.
Also I'm not sure about the Pharah and Roadhog stuff, those actually do lots of damage.
If he had an Ana I'm sure anything was possible
05/29/2017 06:15 PMPosted by Pondering
Reverting Bastion back to where he was before the rework is a mistake in the making even if the recon changes are kept.

The biggest problem Bastion has is without a team to provide cover for him, he is instantly focused down by burst damage. Ironclad provides Bastion with better self sustain while in sentry mode. The problem is they overturned him when the first released the rework and reverted him back to a point where ironclad is not that effective. I would say that they should increase ironclad in small increments till they reach point where he has self sustain without being the nightmare he was during the initial 2.0 release.

This is basically why I liked the rework, even after the nerf. Without Ironclad, any decent flanker can give him a world of trouble if he didn't have Widow levels of aim, which didn't make sense to me as a defense hero.

Ironclad makes him harder to kill, while he still does a heckload of damage as long as he knows where to be at any given time.

The only thing I'd want is his Tank mode to have 35% Ironclad for itself, so it poses a better threat, especially since they made it much easier to hear and focus down.
The reasons why Bastion is not preferred in many matches are mainly because:
a) Genji (mostly picked in all matches) is hard counter to Bastion.
b) Extremely poor maneuverability under Sentry mode. It is a sitting duck for long range shooters like Mccree, Hanzo, Pharah or even Tracer's ulti.
c) Poor long range damage as the damage is very scattered.

The only time I see Bastion is useful is during Random 6v6 hero under Arcade mode when the opponent does not have proper bastion counters.
Nope he is fine... Always was cheese and as long as his turret mode exists he always will be nothing more than cheese.
If you ever have to ask "Did people overreact on the internet?" the answer is always yes.

And now people are whining about "Barrierwatch" Gee I wonder what could help with that other than Sombra and Junkrat...hmmmmmm
05/29/2017 01:03 PMPosted by Amanamunos
Bastion 2.0 was nerfed fast after the community outcry. His current usage rate seems as poor as it's always been, and on top of that I don't feel reverting the *15% damage reduction that was removed would improve his pick rate.

So community, were we wrong when we demanded his nerf?

You're forgetting console had to deal with it for weeks longer than pc. It was literally the bastion meta and the game became unplayable. So no we weren't wrong
05/29/2017 03:20 PMPosted by Andough
I have yet to see someone play Bastion differently than how he was played before. I don't think his rework was that influential. If anything, it upset most people because it took away the effectiveness of just sitting in a corner in turret mode, which is still how people seem to play him.

You just explained the issue. Bastion's design is to be a Backline Picker not a Frontline DPS like Soldier is, the Rework pushed him to be like that but instead Bastion now needs to be in way worser positions to be viable and still be a backline picker.

The Recon dont really help since Devs dont seem to notice his Hitbox is comparable to a fat Zarya.