This "event" is not a thank you to the fans. (uncap please)

General Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17 26 Next
I don't know whats taking so long for the blue post.
05/24/2017 02:12 PMPosted by KOSR

If it comes it will be along the lines of the Summer Games post by Jeff Kaplan. Which will just make people more upset, and rightfully so. It will also inspire the trolls to troll harder.
The only thing wrong with the event from my point of view is the dances. All of the sit emotes are being added to the base game and every other blizzard game has always had a /dance emote so to me as a fan I'm not asking for them to be free or anything but at least don't screw me from ever getting them again because I don't want to play all day long for the length of this event for RNG or pay you hundreds of dollars for more RNG.
05/24/2017 01:54 PMPosted by Tailand
05/24/2017 01:52 PMPosted by Jasta11
I mean, it's not like Overwatch is hurting for revenue at this point. They can afford to be a bit less stingy while still raking in the $.
If the playerbase is never going to pay another dime for content outside cosmetics, where is Blizzard going to get the money from?

There's no DLC model.

I'm not saying that Blizzard made the correct move here, but they do need events to fund future development.

I don't think you realize just how much money these people are making. The art design and dev costs are almost literally nothing to Activision Blizzard. They just broke a billion dollars in revenue for Overwatch. There is nobody eating ramen, sweating their bank balance, wondering if they're going to be able to make it two more months to the next event so that they can grasp for their ineffectual cash stipend from more loot boxes.
They are ROLLING in money.
I suspect the actual economics are not ad simple as more limited events = more money. If people feel good about the game, they will drop money on it. If they don't, they won't and trying to push more events on them won't turn that around.
"Without loot box sales, how are they going to make money?"

I don't know... maybe sales of the game and related merchandise?
05/24/2017 02:20 PMPosted by HamHamJ
I suspect the actual economics are not ad simple as more limited events = more money. If people feel good about the game, they will drop money on it. If they don't, they won't and trying to push more events on them won't turn that around.
the point is that this shouldn't have been a money grab but an actual thank you
I still dont like the Arena, but those Lootbox Items are great and i would love to have all of them ... too bad this really smells like TRYHARD MONEYMAKING for me ... not a big ANNIVERSARY created for "the fans" ... first time i wont buy any boxes, dont "play the event" and having a great sommer (i missed last year).

Love you all, will be back on Halloween Event :)
05/24/2017 02:33 PMPosted by bussdee
I still dont like the Arena, but those Lootbox Items are great and i would love to have all of them ... too bad this really smells like TRYHARD MONEYMAKING for me ... not a big ANNIVERSARY created for "the fans" ... first time i wont buy any boxes, dont "play the event" and having a great sommer (i missed last year).

Love you all, will be back on Halloween Event :)
the content is great but it isn't in the game with the heart it deserves.
What did everyone expect from them? Everything to be free? I'm not trying to be condescending I just don't understand the outrage.

From what I get; the maps/modes introduced and the skins, emotes, etc are NOT permanent? If that's true then that does sucks and I do not agree with it.

But in the end the game needs to make money, if you thought everything would be free and that you get a new emote/voice line/whatever in every loot box then that was naïve considering you've more than likely been through 2-3 events by now.
675 likes,308 posts something and no blue post. :/
05/24/2017 03:31 PMPosted by Gamerboy25
685 likes,308 posts something and no blue post. Hmm... I wonder why ;thinks;?

685 likes? DAAAAAMN.... That's roughly 0.002% of the community. I wonder what the other 99.998% think of this. Oh right.. They don't care because they're too busy enjoying the game to be wasting their time complaining about loot boxes.

685 looks like a BIG number I'm sure.. Just remember, there are 29,999,315 other people who bought this game that find this such a non issue they didn't even bother to post about it.

Keep fighting the good fight, rofl.
For me the anniversary "event" should have simply been an update to the base game. Aside from loot box "content" there's nothing noteworthy enough to justify calling it an event.
None of the dance emotes should be time locked. They should be generic for sure.
05/24/2017 04:08 PMPosted by bluemoon1987
For me the anniversary "event" should have simply been an update to the base game. Aside from loot box "content" there's nothing noteworthy enough to justify calling it an event.
it does add some pretty good stuff. I'm just more concerned on the merit they hold as a thank you.
05/24/2017 12:33 PMPosted by Brycerras
05/24/2017 12:07 PMPosted by NickTheMajin

That hopefully says, "Grow up"

Find it strange the new go to remark about criticizing the loot box system is "Grow up" or some variation of it.

The irony being that people are actually giving it serious thought are being told theyre whiny immature brats who want things for free. Yet Ive to see on real thread arguing it should be blatently free with no effort involved....

Its almost as if...gasp!... people are slinging names because they dont have any better rebuttal to offer!

Plus it's easier to defend spending money on lootboxes when it's your parents' money and you don't have rent and bills that need paying.
05/24/2017 03:50 PMPosted by Riptor

You keep at it, too.

We already can't tell where the dev team stops and you begin.
05/24/2017 02:15 PMPosted by Cerebrum123

If it comes it will be along the lines of the Summer Games post by Jeff Kaplan. Which will just make people more upset, and rightfully so. It will also inspire the trolls to troll harder.

Definetly what I was thinking too.
it's not happening, they do no post on threads like this about changing events such as Uprising threads with 500+ Upvotes saying they shouldn't be limited, they really don't care, I would like to be proven wrong but from multiple threads and blue posts they rarely respond, onless it's to give a hint about upcoming things.
05/24/2017 03:50 PMPosted by Riptor
685 likes,308 posts something and no blue post. Hmm... I wonder why ;thinks;?

685 likes? DAAAAAMN.... That's roughly 0.002% of the community. I wonder what the other 99.998% think of this. Oh right.. They don't care because they're too busy enjoying the game to be wasting their time complaining about loot boxes.

685 looks like a BIG number I'm sure.. Just remember, there are 29,999,315 other people who bought this game that find this such a non issue they didn't even bother to post about it.

With that logic, we all should just ignore all future presidential polls.