I refuse to play D.va

General Discussion
D.va can get 1v1 by Mercy, I saw it in a video, nerf Mercy and buff D.va. I support Espurr
who cares what was 'asked' for?

your entitlement is showing
05/18/2017 05:50 AMPosted by Espurr
Can people also give constructive criticism/discussion material or are they going to dislike because it's a thread about D.Va?

Yes, why aren't people constructive in here. After all, the OP was such a perfect example of a constructive and carefully voiced opinion. Why? Why??? I don't get it...
Can people also give constructive criticism/discussion material or are they going to dislike because it's a thread about D.Va?

Yes, why aren't people constructive in here. After all, the OP was such a perfect example of a constructive and carefully voiced opinion. Why? I don't get it...

I was NOT careful with my wording, but I DID provide evidence and arguments as to why D.Va is not in a fine state at the moment. The people reacting to my thread are the absolute opposite just because I mentioned D.Va.
I agree that the +100hp addition was unrequested, unwarranted, and eventually led to the viability nerf of some of D.Va's more enjoyable playstyles. I've felt that these nerfs haven't made her useless or a garbage pick, as some people have suggested, but they have simply made her gameplay a bit limited and a good deal less enjoyable.
I agree until they add school girl uniform skin
Too bad the forum can't make actual discussion because of the amount of trolls responding with crap. This was why Slade stopped making the Megathreads, right?
05/18/2017 06:02 AMPosted by Espurr
but I DID provide evidence and arguments as to why D.Va is not in a fine state at the moment.

Ok, let's go back and see...

05/18/2017 05:43 AMPosted by Espurr
She's retardedly squishy and deals NO damage and can't do ANYTHING

Rofl
05/18/2017 05:52 AMPosted by Lily

no they can't. They live inside their own little world and can't see the evidence.

[quote="207533586074"]Guys, "D.Va is fine."

More at 11. Oh, it's 11 right now, guess I'll just have to explain then!

Okay. So, D.Va is the pinnacle of perfect balance! There is NOTHING that can be improved on at all because she is PERFECT in every way and buffing anything at all will suddenly make her OP! Unlike every other hero in the game, with D.Va there is no room whatsoever for improvement because she has been perfectly balanced by the exquisite Geoff Goofman! Allow me to list the various examples of where she's perfect and why she's perfect so that you knuckle heads can get it through your collective hive mind! Her health/armor is perfect because "D.Va is fine." Her abyssmal damage is perfect because ""D.Va is fine." Being a boring DM bot is perfect because "D.Va is fine."

As you can see, D.Va is fine in every aspect, meaning that she's in perfect balance! Therefore, she doesn't need any attention whatsoever. And if she requires no attention, then surly this means she is perfectly balanced.

This practically sums it up.
05/18/2017 05:55 AMPosted by Espurr
Boost in, kill something, DM until boosters are off cooldown, boost out, get heals, repeat.

You can argue flankers do the same but at least they couldn't eat projectiles on a resource meter and had 600 health + armor along with a second life.

The second life thing is not a valid argument, once she's out of her mech she's dead unless you have stupid team mates. DM has blind spots, if D.Va is charging into your backline, how about you focus her, use stuns, whatever you can to imediately kill her? She can't 1v6 and there is plenty of time to kill her before she boosts out. Also, protect your supports if she's going in.

EDIT: I said can' instead of can't, small typo.

if getting ejected is certain death for you then you are a bad dva, l2p
05/18/2017 05:59 AMPosted by Ktenologist
D.va can get 1v1 by Mercy, I saw it in a video, nerf Mercy and buff D.va. I support Espurr

Don't fly at her from across the map in a straight line Winston is easier for Mercy to beat. I remember when people complained about her not needing to reload "OP". Soldier Tracer and McCree need to reload yet are far more dangerous. The slowdown while firing is a real tradeoff and is felt when enemies walk out of your range. You aren't a flanker until your team isn't dealing with backline threats, then you can pick off the sniper, Symmetra, and Mercy in 3 1v1's in a row and your team is too scattered and not pressing but as the tank you should start the push anyway.
05/18/2017 06:16 AMPosted by Sol
05/18/2017 06:02 AMPosted by Espurr
but I DID provide evidence and arguments as to why D.Va is not in a fine state at the moment.

Ok, let's go back and see...

05/18/2017 05:43 AMPosted by Espurr
She's retardedly squishy and deals NO damage and can't do ANYTHING

Rofl

I had to quote myself just to tell the OP that I'm still laughing. Thx :)
I refuse to play D.va ... until she's fixed.

I tried that, kept it up for months. Didn't do my rank any favors.
05/18/2017 05:55 AMPosted by Espurr
Boost in, kill something, DM until boosters are off cooldown, boost out, get heals, repeat.

You can argue flankers do the same but at least they couldn't eat projectiles on a resource meter and had 600 health + armor along with a second life.

The second life thing is not a valid argument, once she's out of her mech she's dead unless you have stupid team mates. DM has blind spots, if D.Va is charging into your backline, how about you focus her, use stuns, whatever you can to imediately kill her? She can't 1v6 and there is plenty of time to kill her before she boosts out. Also, protect your supports if she's going in.

EDIT: I said can' instead of can't, small typo.

It's still a second life. I've been in plenty of situations where I was able to get my mech back quickly and survive.

Fair points about focusing/DM blind spots but back in the tank meta you really couldn't kill a diving D.Va with an Ana healing her without your entire team focusing on her.
Well the dev team has indicated they think she's fine. So have fun waiting, don't come back to the forums complaining every few hours like people did in those !@#$%^-*!@ megathreads.
For those that don't care about pro meta, according to Omnicmeta she's enjoys a healthy 20% usage rate in Grandmaster, while seeing more use in lower leagues. This is more than all Defense heroes, Orisa, and multiple Offense heroes.

This is the thing being wrong here, as you see her playrate drops the higher you go, she is not picked that much at higher tiers cause winston can dive better than her, rein can shield better than she can and they aren't feeding ult as much as she does.

Oh and when Orisa gets the ptr buffs, shes going to be greater at shielding aswell.