I feel betrayed

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
Highly Rated
People can offend freely, nobody is scared about the report system and it's only mentioned as a threat measure.
Seriously everyone can offend moms and wish canciurs freely in this game...
Do they even check the reports or anything?
We do. Please keep using the report functionality. We're also in the process of reviewing our punishment policies with an eye towards getting more aggressive on toxicity and throwing and other bad behaviors.

Apologies that people have treated you poorly.
Highly Rated
05/26/2017 09:00 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We do. Please keep using the report functionality. We're also in the process of reviewing our punishment policies with an eye towards getting more aggressive on toxicity and throwing and other bad behaviors.

Its jeff \0/
Highly Rated
Jeff, will the report function ever get to console? I too would like to be able to report people if they're trolling or being toxic.
He responds to this of all things.
Highly Rated
05/26/2017 09:01 AMPosted by DiZ
He responds to this of all things.

Let him post where he wants.
you can mute and block them, too
Jeff replied quick on this one, I have a feeling something good is gonna happen.

Any word of when it's coming out to PS4? A lot of toxic players there at the moment.
Jeff the report system doesn't work, and the "punishment" for end of season throwing and toxic behaviour is so minor people don't even bother.
He is doing it on purpose, just ignore every thread that he posts on, simple as that ;)
Except even when we report people, we never know if action is taken against the user. It's just left up in the air and soon forgotten and as far as anyone knows, that player never got dealt their sentence and is free to roam other games spreading their ill-will and toxicity thanks to a lackluster reports system that's being ignored.

Thanks Jeff for the response. I just wish the counter measures to toxic behavior in the game were as effective as the ones you guy got in these forums.
05/26/2017 09:05 AMPosted by MrRowboat
Except even when we report people, we never know if action is taken against the user. It's just left up in the air and soon forgotten and as far as anyone knows, that player never got dealt their sentence and is free to roam other games spreading their ill-will and toxicity thanks to a lackluster reports system that's being ignored.

We also know that trolls can prefer us just to harass the same people more often.

how do you tell actual toxicity/throwing reports apart from the "he played sombra, report him please. he threw" even though they wernt throwing ? xd
Being a business and all, I thought it might be kind of funny if they look at more than just the verbal comments/throwing etc an account does.

Like maybe they look at all the account's transaction history and take that into consideration. Does this person frequently buy loot boxes? Do they purchases boxes every event? Has this IP address purchased several copies of the game? Do they purchase other blizzard products, games and merchandise?

Haha, I hope they don't actually use these factors in favor of keeping around toxic people, but it would be comedic gold.

From a financial perspective, they would have to weigh if keeping someone who spends money on loot boxes consistently etc, will balance out losing potential customers (who may or may not purchase boxes) from being upset by toxicity.

Wishing you the best, Keep up the great work.
Being a business and all, I thought it might be kind of funny if they look at more than just the verbal comments/throwing etc an account does.

Like maybe they look at all the account's transaction history and take that into consideration. Does this person frequently buy loot boxes? Do they purchases boxes every event? Has this IP address purchased several copies of the game? Do they purchase other blizzard products, game and merchandise?

Haha, I hope they don't actually use these factors in favor of keeping around toxic people, but it would be comedic gold.

From a financial perspective, they would have to weigh if keeping someone who spends money on loot boxes consistently etc, will balance out losing potential customers (who may or may not purchase boxes) from being upset by toxicity.

Judging by the fact they are reviewing their policies, they're leaning towards banning regardless of how many loot boxes they purchase.

And just because I purchase $900 of lootboxes doesn't give me the right to break rules.
05/26/2017 09:07 AMPosted by ĆħiŷöņǾŞåĸę

how do you tell actual toxicity/throwing reports apart from the "he played sombra, report him please. he threw" even though they wernt throwing ? xd

One has to assume that Blizzard has access to the logs. Chat-based logs, maybe. But I doubt audio is available to them. Would be hard to prove to Blizzard that a specific player was being toxic unless you recorded the whole thing (hint: Windows 10 comes with a built-in DVR).

Question Mr. Kaplan, do you guys have access to chat/info/behavior of the games itself when it is reported or is it based on the amount of people reporting that person.