Reinhardt's hammer swing speed issue.

Bug Report
1 2 3 26 Next
Highly Rated
Hello! I'm a Reinhardt main and i noticed something weird happening with Reinhardt's hammer swing speed after the anniversary update went live. He swings it twice as slow as he used to. I play at 170-180 ping always as i live in Russia on the borderline with China and there's simply no opportunity for me to play at lower pings. With this update I can no longer play Rein properly, as the fast interchange of rmb/lmb (swing/block/swing/block) doesn't work anymore (the hammer hit doesn't register when I animation cancel it with my barrier). Here's a link to a video that might help illustrate what i'm trying to explain (sorry, my english is not that fluent):youtube.com/watch?v=QIU5hncMsuc. If this change was intentional, then i'm sorry for wasting your time. Also, note that there's a slight delay after i press shift to use charge. If anyone else has experienced this problem please reply. This problem is a big deal to me as a Rein main.
I've noticed the same thing as well as a rein main. I've noticed there's also a slight delay on his firestrikes from before the anniversary patch
05/23/2017 01:32 PMPosted by yeyi09
I've noticed the same thing as well as a rein main. I've noticed there's also a slight delay on his firestrikes from before the anniversary patch

Thank you for your reply. I'm not alone then. I hope we get a fix soon, as it really feels gamebreaking to me.
Same issue here. Its unplayable. Everything is lagging with it. Playing on ps4 with a ping if 40.
05/23/2017 01:36 PMPosted by Kekstarter
05/23/2017 01:32 PMPosted by yeyi09

Thank you for your reply. I'm not alone then. I hope we get a fix soon, as it really feels gamebreaking to me.

I agree. It's difficult to play rein when you cant animation cancel and can't hit firestrikes since the timing is thrown off
I have a serious mouse input delay with all heroes. It's unplayable.

It seems we aren't alone: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20755046269
Yup. This is pretty serious. I made a thread about it here:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754806801#post-1

Hopefully this will get hotfixed soon enough, I wanna play more Rein without feeling gimped.
Bump
bump
Bump
As a Reinhardt main, I agree. There's some serious input lag going on, and I noticed it on all of Reinhardt's attacks. I first noticed it when I charged in, he would take longer to perform the charge. :/

I play with 170-200ms and while I know this is considered HIGH, before the update my main was playable, after the update I just can't see to be able to do anything with him. Blizzard please help.
Yup, same issue.
same issue
Can confirm, and this has little to do with ping itself because every other character feels exactly the same without any delays whatsoever. Rein's so far the only one I've encountered that lags like this right now.
Im not a Rhein main, but I was using him in comp today and he did feel a lot clunkier than usual.
EDIT:
After more testing I can see I was wrong, please disregard this reply

Just did a test for just Reiny swinging, each swing is still 1/second. Tested multiple times. The DPS hasn't changed.
As for the OP's question about getting a sneaky swing in between shielding, my guess is that was intentional.
I have seen delays on firestrikes and charges from network problems to computers not handling it well (FPS drop etc), but I'm not seeing any differences to firestrikes or charges in the update.
05/23/2017 08:08 PMPosted by WallyWalrick
my guess is that was intentional

But if that thing was intentional, they should have documented it in the patch notes. And as others pointed out, there's a delay on firestrike as well. And it's true, I just didn't notice it. So it seem like all his abilities have been 'nerfed' by this bug and playing Rein gives me so much pain now.

05/23/2017 08:08 PMPosted by WallyWalrick
I have seen delays on firestrikes and charges from network problems to computers not handling it well (FPS drop etc)

On my video you can see that I don't have any FPS issues. And I play at my usual ping, even at a slightly lower ping at around 150. I'm afraid that only people with higher pings (100+) experience this new Reiny bug, as I'm sure there would have been an uproar of the community otherwise. We, the high ping players, already suffer enough of inability to play heroes who shoot projectiles, like Hanzo whose arrows will fly slower than at lower pings which will punish you hard even if you have a perfect aiming and tracking. The only way for the highpingers to play overwatch is to play the heroes that basically don't shoot and supports. Rein was my first choice, I almost got into gm's with him. But I just don't know what to do until this this gets fixed.
I've never been able to get sneaky swings in like that so it probably a general fix to the netcode for high pings. It probably affects other mechanics, just that that combo really shows it. Genjis' ult comes to mind where people with high ping were able to get more swings during the ult.

I think you have it the wrong way round, this seems to be fixing a bug where people with a high ping could do what you did.

Added:
On the firestrike/charge - it looks the same on your video as when I play. But the 'delay' is normal, it didn't change on this update.
05/23/2017 11:40 PMPosted by WallyWalrick
I've never been able to get sneaky swings in like that so it probably a general fix to the netcode for high pings. It probably affects other mechanics, just that that combo really shows it. Genjis' ult comes to mind where people with high ping were able to get more swings during the ult.

I think you have it the wrong way round, this seems to be fixing a bug where people with a high ping could do what you did.

Added:
On the firestrike/charge - it looks the same on your video as when I play. But the 'delay' is normal, it didn't change on this update.

For a year of playing Rein i was able to swing, then quickly block, it wasn't really an animation cancelling. I'm pretty sure it's a common Rein tactics when fighting close quarters enemies, like Roadog and Reaper (also used to bait the enemy team Rein's ultimate) and it no longer works. The developers should really explain the situation here.
05/23/2017 11:40 PMPosted by WallyWalrick
But the 'delay' is normal
I disagree. There was an intentional delay, like Rein jumps a bit for a second to perform his charge. But now there's an additional delay. Trust me. I know what i'm talking about.