The Roadhog Problem

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 12 Next
Anyone hate it when you are in roadhogs face to kill him and because he cant aim with his gun, he throws his hook to stun you and kill you in place?

Can there be a dead zone around hog where it doesnt work?? Like 5m in front of him please?? Its bad enough that he can heal is health and yes, you shouldn't be that close to roadhog but still.
05/25/2017 07:41 PMPosted by SparksterX
CHANCE
there it is again.
I have been across the map at times outside of his hook range and he can still 1 shot me with a right click! Tell me how a tank that is not supposed to 1 shot can take me out at over 15 meters in 1 shot? And dont even get me started that he has falloff from a distance because not even a Pharah has ever been able to fully 1 shot me at full hp.
05/25/2017 08:09 PMPosted by Engage
across the map at times outside of his hook range and he can still 1 shot me with a right click!
show me proof, because that is beyond untrue.
05/25/2017 06:15 PMPosted by antiviolenc3
Wow are people still on his case after 1 year?

Yeah it's kind of amazing Blizzard left him broken for so long. He's probably someone high up's favorite character.
I have been across the map at times outside of his hook range and he can still 1 shot me with a right click! Tell me how a tank that is not supposed to 1 shot can take me out at over 15 meters in 1 shot? And dont even get me started that he has falloff from a distance because not even a Pharah has ever been able to fully 1 shot me at full hp.

Probably because that never happened and you're making things up. The right click has a set range before it dissipates and it's roughly half the range of the hook give or take. The scenario you described is literally impossible.
Let reaper wraithform out of the hook any time during the hook animation would be a good start.

But then hog can still 1-2 shot reaper easily while reaper usually need to take more shots to kill hog....
05/25/2017 06:17 PMPosted by rybodatkid
Guys get with the times. It's all about complaining about Pharah now...

Just pick a hitscan to deal with h-

Wrong one.

We need to get Pharah mains to talk about "bad positioning" too.
[quote="207533198127"]Wow are people still on his case after 1 year?

Yeah it's kind of amazing Blizzard left him broken for so long. He's probably someone high up's favorite character.[/quote/

Geoff
I also wanna point out that this could potentially turn into a dva situation if hog does get nerfed.

Remember when jeff said that dva was left too strong for too long? Yeah except hog has been strong from the beginning. So hog mains will complain a lot like some dva mains are when and if the nerf hammer drops. (Though she could use a minor buff but eh )

Him getting environment kills is not right. Its beyond frustrating when he does it too. Heros like Lucio, Dva and Pharah (and others) at least give you a chance to escape or avoid it.
Especially if you are playing on a certain well map that has a gapping hole right in the center.

It punishes bad positioning to be on the point! Which basically means that when hog is on the point and your team is too, yall are in bad positioning. Despite your team needing to be there to win.
Learn how to counter him
The "ult battery" people complain about is actually inconsequential when he can one shot the heroes that get decent ult charge from him.
05/25/2017 08:43 PMPosted by Drophys
Learn how to counter him

You can't. There's no feasible way to counter him, and his supposed counters are easily negated by his other abilities.
His hook combo is stronger than a tracer ult and it's easier to land. Add being able to use it every 8 seconds....beside if you miss just laugh and press E and then try again
I think that most players talking about out of position play either long range heroes or heroes with small hitboxes.
I learnt playing the reaper that a decent roadhog can hook me like in 99 percent of all positions. The only way to get a kill was moving in behind the tank and immediately go pursuit once I see the enemy hog having used his hook. Flanking is too dangerous in that case. A good combo would be Mei and D.Va. I see roadhogs miss her way more often than the reaper and even if she is getting pulled, she can survive the second shot in many cases and go ice form. If things work, she is walling off the hog, freeze him and let D.Va mow him down.
Im absolutely sick of his entire kit, and that he is in every single game, QP, Ranked, 3v3... so on. Developers seriously need to nut the f*ck up and not fear the backlash of nerfing him and just do it already. Its clearly evident hes overtuned for his role.
05/25/2017 07:58 PMPosted by Xeltriskal
Anyone hate it when you are in roadhogs face to kill him and because he cant aim with his gun, he throws his hook to stun you and kill you in place?

Because his scrap gun is highly ineffective unlike other heroes, the only guarantee one shot is to stay close to the enemy.
can you also beat soldier up a bit while you're at it
05/25/2017 08:13 PMPosted by MrGlide
across the map at times outside of his hook range and he can still 1 shot me with a right click!
show me proof, because that is beyond untrue.

If I could record it, I would post it here. This happens to me multiple times and has nothing to do with bad positioning. When nobody else is shooting at me and a Hog happens to look in my direction and instakills me without hooking, from full health and over 20 meters away, then something is just not right.