Gold Player Icons

General Discussion
Got Sombra on the very last day of the event. So happy <3
I only wanted the Widowmaker one. After well upwards of 60 boxes, didn't drop.

However the number of duplicate Zenyatta and 76 ones was ridiculous, I swear I had more Zen portraits drop than everything else combined.
I somehow managed to collect every single player icon in this event. I think I probably open over 100 boxes. 58 I grinded over the Double XP weekend, 24 I bought, 12 from arcade, and the rest from leveling up before the Double XP weekend.
05/24/2017 08:25 AMPosted by SkillfulHaxx
this is actually one of my favorite parts of the new event, and from looking at the forums, i can tell its pretty popular.

Not when you are missing your favourite one, knowing you will never achieve it : -(
Still they look sweet
I honestly feel they're getting overused. Makes it feel sort of "default".
Still love em tho.
Don't get me wrong, I love the new golden icons, but I'm a little disappointed that the golden player icons are the only hero-specific ones. I would've loved to see a graffiti Tracer player icon.
I love them, but I got every player icon except the one that I wanted and would actually have continued to use beyond the event (Mercy's, I don't have the regular version either). But hey, at least I got most of the other icons at least twice. Ha. Ha. Yes, I'm salty.
06/13/2017 05:23 AMPosted by Diana
I love them, but I got every player icon except the one that I wanted and would actually have continued to use beyond the event (Mercy's, I don't have the regular version either). But hey, at least I got most of the other icons at least twice. Ha. Ha. Yes, I'm salty.

This...

Jeff, can you please explain why we can't purchase these icons? It makes absolutely zero sense from my point of view and I've never heard anyone come up with rational reason. Its completely disappointing to get everyone but the character we actually use...
For me everything golden in games looks like those "Extra edgy VIP TOP unique stuff, buy now for $99 to stand out". Especially that goes to golden guns.

But that's just me, I guess. Icons do look cool, anyway, but police rabbit is better :P
I got every icon except golden McCree.

Convinced Blizzard hates me.
06/13/2017 06:24 AMPosted by NotMcCree
I got every icon except golden McCree.

Convinced Blizzard hates me.
Well, you're "NotMcCree"... A McCree profile icon would allow someone to infer that you are McCree.
I'm orisa main (console) been gripping every box waiting for the orisa player icon, hardly see that one.
08/10/2017 09:04 PMPosted by NGRU
I'm orisa main (console) been gripping every box waiting for the orisa player icon, hardly see that one.
Look at the dates on these posts. These are from May. You'll never see one in a lootbox because these posts were all about the Uprising event a while back.
Nice necro. Also, if you're talking about the golden icons, they are currently unobtainable.
Awesome golden Genji
Awesome...necro thread?