Pharah's blast damage

General Discussion
how come Junkrat can't hurt himself with explosives, and Pharah can? Don't you think it's a bit unfair? Could she get that sorted too, please?

I know Junkrat is a bit special, but I do believe Pharah should have this property too. She can handle explosive rockets, right?

Cheers,
Fanous
Because phara beats junkrat is almost everyway except junk can get up close to a target without hurting himself. Junkrat can't fly, nor have easy aim rockets, nor have a really fast knock back rocket(His mine is slow). Junkrat needed some love and the small QoL change helped a lot. Stop trying to buff phara. She doesn't need it.
if a pharah gets into a position where she's hurting herself with explosions, it's poor play and she should be punished.
No
05/28/2017 08:53 AMPosted by BurnNDie
nor have a really fast knock back rocket

Junkrat's mine cooldown is 8 seconds
Pharah's concussive blast cooldown is 12 seconds.

05/28/2017 08:53 AMPosted by BurnNDie
Stop trying to buff phara. She doesn't need it

I mean, most Pharahs are at long range so this doesn't make her much stronger. It's just a quality of life change.

This might make Dive Pharah viable. Dive Pharah deals more damage, but is easier to counter. Perhaps this change would help in countering Pharah a tiny bit.
But Im going to get hate for saying this is such a minor buff.
Junk rat shoots in an arc - while pharah shoots in a straight line.
Pharah is meant to be in the air and suppose to be weak on the ground.

That is why she should die in close quarter combat.
If anything she should take more blast damage from her own rockets.
05/28/2017 08:54 AMPosted by ColdBlood
if a pharah gets into a position where she's hurting herself with explosions, it's poor play and she should be punished.

Yeah, same with Junkrat. Sorry but OP is right. Pharah is not long range, so she needs punishment if she get's close to her target, same as with Junkrat.
I just noticed my post was edited. OK, lesson learnt, can say Jeff out loud.

That aside, it won;t make Pharah OP, it just eliminates those few deaths by a mistake, where the rocket will hit a corner of a wall (or something else), instead of miss it.

Can't really see that as massive advantage. But I can see how annoying is to blow your self up, for no reason.
Because how else are people going to Jump Jet into the air and immediately ult into a pole she didn't anticipate and insta-kill herself.
05/28/2017 09:15 AMPosted by Fanous

That aside, it won;t make Pharah OP, it just eliminates those few deaths by a mistake, where the rocket will hit a corner of a wall (or something else), instead of miss it.

Can't really see that as massive advantage. But I can see how annoying is to blow your self up, for no reason.

Stop blowing yourself up for no reason then. If you make a stupid mistake, you should die.
Because unlike Junkrat, Pharah has full control over where her rockets go, and any self-damage is deserved.
Junkrat... can kill himself on his grenades...
Do you mean his little mine? Pharahs cute little push attack doesnt hurt her either. Whats the problem here? Am I in an alternate reality?
05/28/2017 08:54 AMPosted by ColdBlood

Same goes for D.Va mech ult versus Tracer ult. D.va has a hard time escaping her ult, so it was changed to not kill her eventually. With Tracer, she can still kill herself with Pulse Bomb. Why? She can get away so easily, and if you die to it it's your fault and yours alone
05/28/2017 10:13 AMPosted by Krows
Junkrat... can kill himself on his grenades...
Do you mean his little mine? Pharahs cute little push attack doesnt hurt her either. Whats the problem here? Am I in an alternate reality?

You apparently are lmao. Junkrat can't hurt himself with his main fire anymore.
05/28/2017 09:57 AMPosted by amnesia
05/28/2017 09:15 AMPosted by Fanous

Stop blowing yourself up for no reason then. If you make a stupid mistake, you should die.

Imagine all the others would get punished to hit walls. Let's see how long until the forum is flooded with threads against that punishment.
Pharah is usually at a distance where she can't hurt herself. If she does, that's her fault and she should retain the damage taken.
What's unfair is how much dmg Pharah can put out, while flying up on the sky, basically unreachable. She can shut down most squishies with 2 direct hits.
05/28/2017 10:16 AMPosted by Podrick

You apparently are lmao. Junkrat can't hurt himself with his main fire anymore.

Oh good! Quickly: What year is this? Who is President??
(P.S. that was a joke, and lets not let this thread move to politics pls)
(P.P.S. Maybe I should read a patch note every now and again!)
05/28/2017 08:49 AMPosted by Fanous
how come Junkrat can't hurt himself with explosives, and Pharah can? Don't you think it's a bit unfair? Could she get that sorted too, please?

I know Junkrat is a bit special, but I do believe Pharah should have this property too. She can handle explosive rockets, right?

Cheers,
Fanous
Because you need to be really, REALLY dense to hurt yourself as phara, she is already inmune to most of the heroes in the game, she doesnt need more help.