How does Genji kill himself?

General Discussion
My fiance was playing Genji on quickplay and somehow killed HIMSELF. Didn't fall off a cliff, just died for some reason while deflecting. He wasn't ulting, and there wasn't an enemy genji who could have deflected it back. I've seen it a few times with friends but can't figure out how it's possible. There wasn't any explosive of any kind either, no Soldier, Pharah, Junk, etc. Anyone else experience this?
You probably deflected a grenade or explosive into a wall
Maybe a bug, I remember an arikadou video where he somehow killed his ally.

If possible, record it and send it as a bug report to blizz
He deflected Widowmaker mine, and someone stepped on him that he also got affected by it and... died?
What about a deflected Zarya right click?
Was there a Zarya? That could've been it.
Anything you deflect that can do self-damage will damage you if it hits close enough.

So a deflected helix rocket/pharah rocket/zarya alt-fire etc will all do self-damage, which if the genji is low health could be enough to kill him.
05/30/2017 09:52 AMPosted by SamiSha
He deflected Widowmaker mine, and someone stepped on him that he also got affected by it and... died?

If he deflected Widowmaker mine it will onlly affect enemies.
05/30/2017 09:54 AMPosted by LaurenceR
Anything you deflect that can do self-damage will damage you if it hits close enough.

So a deflected helix rocket/pharah rocket/zarya alt-fire etc will all do self-damage, which if the genji is low health could be enough to kill him.

^this as well as sometimes the animation for deflect goes off but you don't actually reflect anything due to server lag. You should see in the kill-cam whether the server actually picked up your reflect or not.
Genji can kill himself if he deflects a Pharah missile or Zarya ball into a wall or the ground near himself.
Nope, no Zarya and no Widow. There was Hanzo, Orisa, Lucio, Roadhog, Reaper, and Zen which is why it's so weird lol. Probably a bug or maybe a deflected scattershot but wouldn't that have given the enemy credit? It's just odd because it said "you have killed yourself".
One guy I played with was attempting to deflect someone shooting at him at point blank range and a helix rocket hit him. He deflected it into the person who was standing right next to him by accident and the splash damage got him.
Seppuku
You probably didnt spam i need healing or u had 199/200hp and genji suicided