Why remove “Rate This Match” at the end of a match?

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
I assume this option was to rate the matchmaking. Is there a reason for it's removal in the PTR? I guess people just voted higher when they won and low when they lost?
Might've just been getting low feedback count from the feature or they've collected enough over the past year.
Highly Rated
Most people were ignoring it anyway.
I'm like level 600-700 or something and used it twice in my entire game time.
Because it was completely useless and nobody cared?
Let's be honest, it was a useless feature. Hardly anyone I knew used it, and it's not like Blizzard responded to the feedback from it anyway. So, good riddance. I'm glad it's gone.
05/31/2017 12:47 PMPosted by Deykar
Because it was completely useless and nobody cared?

How do we know it's useless? Did Blizzard really describe what it's purpose is?

Going by their track record I am guessing the answer is no.
I actully used it
didn't even know this thing existed. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. It was just a feature almost no one used (anymore)
05/31/2017 12:49 PMPosted by Tsaku007
didn't even know this thing existed. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. It was just a feature almost no one used (anymore)

Yeah I didn't know that was a thing either
Did anybody actually use that
it probably didn't do much. i voted often, but who knows if the data really helps.
They should have changed it to something else instead of removing it completely.
Like if you are satisfied with the performance of your team etc...
It's not that we ever had the guarantee that it was doing something, but i doubt Blizzard ever made enough changes to matchmaking to think the feedback from rate this match was used to make improvements.

For sure if i had a great close match i rated high and if i had imbalanced matches and un cooperative teammates i would rate low...
It was probably just placebo anyway.

Would you honestly trust this community to provide honest, actionable data with their voting?

lol
I didn't even know it existed.
well, at least this is something console doesn't feel any differance with.
since they didn't have the "rate this match" option in the first place...

but summer (almost) here!
so console reporting will be added soon!
I used it, but I have no idea what it was supposed to do.
05/31/2017 12:38 PMPosted by Dazko
I assume this option was to rate the matchmaking. Is there a reason for it's removal in the PTR? I guess people just voted higher when they won and low when they lost?

We had high hopes for this feature but after a year of the game being live and an extended period in beta, all we learned from the feature was:

• New players used the Rate This Match feature more than existing players
  • Players enjoy winning
  • Players do not enjoy losing

We want to reduce as much clutter in the UI as possible and seeing as we were not getting tremendous results from the feature, we decided to remove it.
Highly Rated
I think I used it once in...open beta?

I think the major problem is that no one knows what it means. "Rate match" on what? Teammates? The map? The heroes used? The connection quality? What am I rating?

Heroes of the Storm asks you to rate a specific thing from time to time out of five stars. Overwatch just has a tiny three star thing and what it's for is a mystery to all.

Wouldn't be surprised if it just vanished next patch, really.

EDIT: I just got Jeff dunked. That's a pretty good explanation right there: People will naturally rate higher if they win, but lower if they lose.