Can we get a healing tank please

General Discussion
I've started playing quickplay more because bouncing up and down sr in low elo isn't very fun. I don't mind filling in quickplay but unless we get some kind of tank/healer hybrid character I have no choice but to fill one role and that still leaves us without a tank or a healer. I know most people's answer to this is to pick a sixth dps but it always results in constantly dying and not being able to push. It's gotten to the point where as a solo healer with no tank I knew the enemy D.Va was coming around the corner about to self destruct, so I wasted my sound barrier as Lucio and emoted on the point while the enemy D.Va got a quintuple kill and won the match. I also had my pistol out for an entire game as Mercy and got gold damage. I felt like an !@#$%^- both times, but those were still some of my funnest matches. And when the only way I can have fun in a game is to do *!@# like that, I think it might be time for me to quit. I'm obsessed with this game and I $%^-ing love it, but I think it's time for me to move on to something else.
Zarya is kind of tank support.
I once read about a tank who can give his own health to his team, and he can recover his own health with other abilties, like stealing from near enemies, or like roadhog. Is an interesting concept, you must decide to be tank or sacrifice yourself to help your team
his name is Roadhog
06/14/2017 09:32 AMPosted by Collin4585
his name is Roadhog

But roadhog can not heal other team members, and cannot hurt himself
YES PLEASE THANK GOD SOMEONE ELSE SAID IT.

I'm a support main, healing is what I'm best at. Thanks to Sombra we have an offensive support (I mean, kind of, right?) and Zen is also good at DPS but we have no real tank support.

06/14/2017 09:30 AMPosted by EvilLordMrF
Zarya is kind of tank support.
I once read about a tank who can give his own health to his team, and he can recover his own health with other abilties, like stealing from near enemies, or like roadhog. Is an interesting concept, you must decide to be tank or sacrifice yourself to help your team

This sounds like a really cool idea, I'd love for something like this to be implemented.
06/14/2017 09:32 AMPosted by Collin4585
his name is Roadhog

well that's about all he'll be able to do once nerf goes live (assuming anyone still plays him LOL)
So, like a tank lucio? Or individual heal?
man, and you could name them like tera, or atlas.. that'd be neato
Not really a tank i guess, but could make a hero that can like, ult and link peoples health pools into one, so damage/healing is distributed between them instead of taken by one person, regular ability links them to one other person and has them take a fraction of the damage dealt to the person they are linked to. Not so much a tank as a buff to other tanks though.
06/14/2017 09:36 AMPosted by Weizen88
So, like a tank lucio? Or individual heal?

A lucio tank by damaging himself
a tank/dps that has an AE lifesteal. All damage done is converted to AE heals at 25-75% rate spread between everyone in the AE range.

So hits a target for 100 damage, 25-75 life will be healed. if 3 people are in the AE range, all 3 targets gets healed between 8 and 25.

Make it so, more people in the AE, the higher the healing rate returned is to spread out, that way the Tank/DPS lifestealer cannot just get full healing and go solo mode. Make it rely on people being in its radius to get higher % heals. So you one could make it, if its just the class itself, it gets 25% of damage returned as health, add 10% more for each ally in the radius, up to 75% return.

Radius of as low as 10 meters perhaps as high as 20. Could also determine heal radius based on people in it. 10 meters at base, add 2 meters for everyone person inside it for up to 20.
Something like a paladin, I guess.
06/14/2017 10:01 AMPosted by Oob
a tank/dps that has an AE lifesteal. All damage done is converted to AE heals at 25-75% rate spread between everyone in the AE range.

So hits a target for 100 damage, 25-75 life will be healed. if 3 people are in the AE range, all 3 targets gets healed between 8 and 25.

Make it so, more people in the AE, the higher the healing rate returned is to spread out, that way the Tank/DPS lifestealer cannot just get full healing and go solo mode. Make it rely on people being in its radius to get higher % heals. So you one could make it, if its just the class itself, it gets 25% of damage returned as health, add 10% more for each ally in the radius, up to 75% return.

Radius of as low as 10 meters perhaps as high as 20. Could also determine heal radius based on people in it. 10 meters at base, add 2 meters for everyone person inside it for up to 20.

Now that you mentioned, we don't have a "Dark tanker". Except Hog that its a bit chaotic, all the other tankers are lawful good. A dark tanker with de-buffs (shield stun mostly) and life steal would be awesome.
ROADHOG!
06/14/2017 08:50 AMPosted by morbidsanity
I've started playing quickplay more because bouncing up and down sr in low elo isn't very fun. I don't mind filling in quickplay but unless we get some kind of tank/healer hybrid character I have no choice but to fill one role and that still leaves us without a tank or a healer. I know most people's answer to this is to pick a sixth dps but it always results in constantly dying and not being able to push. It's gotten to the point where as a solo healer with no tank I knew the enemy D.Va was coming around the corner about to self destruct, so I wasted my sound barrier as Lucio and emoted on the point while the enemy D.Va got a quintuple kill and won the match. I also had my pistol out for an entire game as Mercy and got gold damage. I felt like an !@#$%^- both times, but those were still some of my funnest matches. And when the only way I can have fun in a game is to do *!@# like that, I think it might be time for me to quit. I'm obsessed with this game and I $%^-ing love it, but I think it's time for me to move on to something else.

Roadhog does exactly this. Heals himself
Roadhog heals himself, now if you are asking for a tank character who can heal other characters that's just asking for a broken character.
06/14/2017 10:06 AMPosted by Kodai
06/14/2017 10:01 AMPosted by Oob

Now that you mentioned, we don't have a "Dark tanker". Except Hog that its a bit chaotic, all the other tankers are lawful good. A dark tanker with de-buffs (shield stun mostly) and life steal would be awesome.

Could even make a reverse Zen type support. Instead of discord being +50% damage, all damage done to discorded target increase the healing of the healing orb. Make transcendence steal life from all enemies in it to explode for extra damage or healing when the ULT ends.

Could also change healing orb into a lifetap orb, person with orb now gains health for XX amount while orb is on them, then use the discord orb to increase amount of health gained when that target it hit.
This of course would make specific targeting and select dive toon really really scary.
06/14/2017 10:10 AMPosted by JimmyCarter
Roadhog heals himself, now if you are asking for a tank character who can heal other characters that's just asking for a broken character.

It's not broken. Usually this type of warrior have some kind of serious drawbacks. Usually he loses life to heal others or his heals get huge cool downs.
While I would love that, a healer/tank would be OP and unbalanced. Not to shoot you down, but I just don't see that happening without some issues.
Other idea:

A tank that can remove a chunk of his health, like 100 hp, to create a health pacl or reaper orb only available for his team. Could be like groot, and it gives fruits, or throw then at a small distance. It can regenerate the pasively st low rate, or by other ability. Ultimate, increase a lot the regeneration so it can spam big fruits.

Or it can use a zennyata orb to transfer his life to the orbed ally, until he disconnect the orb