How to get out of gold?

Competitive Discussion
I really like playing heroes like ana,reaper,soldier,mcree and sombra but no matter how good i do i never get into plat. i need help because Being in gold Is very boring
Just play and get better.
06/01/2017 10:00 PMPosted by Spookyclinkz
I really like playing heroes like ana,reaper,soldier,mcree and sombra but no matter how good i do i never get into plat. i need help because Being in gold Is very boring
Ana is a very good hero. She's a main support who is viable in just about every situation and has a YUUUGE skill ceiling, being capable of carrying games if played correctly.

Do you have any Ana videos you can link? I'd be up for watching and seeing if there's anything I can help with. I'm only a Plat but I'm sure there's at least one or two tips I could give.

As for a general answer though: Recording and re-watching your games is a great way to realize what mistakes you're making and how to correct them. Use team chat and be friendly. A good attitude and a drive to work with people will take you a long way. Understand when you're countered or when you're not being productive and switch, but you normally shouldn't switch any more than once or twice a game.
06/01/2017 10:04 PMPosted by Stone
How do this help me? you get say something like that. but it wont help because there are no tips or tricks behind the casual "git gud" statement
lack of either mechanical skill or gamesense
06/01/2017 10:06 PMPosted by Spookyclinkz
How do this help me? you get say something like that. but it wont help because there are no tips or tricks behind the casual "git gud" statement

If you want to think that fine. If you have a little patience you will gradually grow in skill and raise out of your tier.

If you want a bit more concise advice learn to play tanks.
06/01/2017 10:05 PMPosted by Manic
Ana is a very good hero. She's a main support who is viable in just about every situation and has a YUUUGE skill ceiling, being capable of carrying games if played correctly.

Do you have any Ana videos you can link? I'd be up for watching and seeing if there's anything I can help with. I'm only a Plat but I'm sure there's at least one or two tips I could give.

As for a general answer though: Recording and re-watching your games is a great way to realize what mistakes you're making and how to correct them. Use team chat and be friendly. A good attitude and a drive to work with people will take you a long way. Understand when you're countered or when you're not being productive and switch, but you normally shouldn't switch any more than once or twice a game.
Thanks for the advice. And no i dont have any videoes but i will try this ana thing out

drop down to silver

AAAYYYYY
06/01/2017 10:13 PMPosted by W01fe

drop down to silver

AAAYYYYY
?
Playing soldier/widow and killing pharamercy is how I got out of gold.
06/01/2017 10:16 PMPosted by Spookyclinkz
06/01/2017 10:13 PMPosted by W01fe

drop down to silver

AAAYYYYY
?

your title...how to get out of gold

drop to silver :P
Despite people will say here, being in Plat isn't that much different from being in Gold. lol

I mean, you're still playing the same game, it's not gonna magically get funner.

Learn 2 Carry
I will reframe your question.

How do I go from being in the 50th percentile to being in the 70th percentile?

You need to increase your understanding and play by 20% which is nearly half of your current ability.

That is far too much to assume you will gain and maintain overnight.

Step 1: Obtain a more realistic and balanced goal. I see you are at around 2100 right now. Have your goal to get, AND MAINTAIN, 2250. That is the half way mark and puts you closer and within reach of 2500.

Step 2: Follow Blizzards Recommendations for Getting better. Blizzard has openly supported, and continues to post and support, two youtube channels with all sorts of guides and helpful videos.
Your Overwatch: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEzOHrh9snmHJSGu9wmOvsw
Overwatch Central:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZmz0RdI6LvX_rRmrlwx0Eg

Step 3: Learn the most basic and fundamental comp in the game. Not just thinking of it as the 2-2-2, but understanding why the comp (and most of the game) is based on a Rein and Lucio is crucial for everything else you learn later. Sadly many have learned all these individual elements and totally missed the entire reason why those elements may or may not work. When you know why Rein and Lucio are required in the 2-2-2 comp and how they win games then you can learn other heros and understand how to properly insert them into the 2-2-2 meta. This means you need to learn how to play both Rein and Lucio and be ready to play them anytime your team lacks a Rein or Lucio. Rein is most important. Lucio second most. if you have both then you can start picking other heroes that can compliment what is going on. Which, unlike rein and lucio, can change based on the map, the point on the map, or what other heroes are being selected by either team. (among other things)
06/01/2017 10:06 PMPosted by Spookyclinkz

And what do you expect? Some secret recipe that players above gold know but those below don't?
Thanks guy i played a couple of games Playing "meta Heros" and it has been good so far
Tbh with you, Gold and plat are both HORRIBLE.

Last season my placement matches put me into mid gold I think, and I ran into so many toxic people who think they are a leader or do not deserve to be there.
I always listen to these people because ''who knows, maybe they really do belong somewhere else and their strat works'' but two second later I see the same guy running into 6enemies on point and activating his ult.

What really REALLY seemed to help me was:
1. Forget how important your rank is. We can't all be pro players so we play comp because it is more serious than QP and in my experience I learn more. Once I stopped caring and started having fun, it went WAY better. Sometimes throwing some jokes in the voice chat, or when an enemy dies (weirdly, like flying up in the sky) saying in team chat ''DID YOU SEE THAT SOLDIER FLY''. I started noticing that these kind of remarks create a less stressful environment and makes people have more fun and less triggered. I am one of those people who plays worse when someone in my team is triggered.

2. Once you find other people who communicate the same way and are actually good, team up with them. You will notice that your games will be WAY more fun and when you que with the same people over and over again, you know how they play. Which as a healer main makes it so much easier. Once I got to know a Rein main and a genji main, we started winning everything. Because I knew how this Genji would play and how this Reinhardt would move.

This is how I got out of gold and plat, after that I mostly solo queued because non of my friends were only. Diamond isnt always better than gold and plat, but people tend to be a bit more serious.

(PC-EU)
I feel like the longer I play, the more I have to convince the game I improved. Bad design. I'm not a robot or a twitch streamer or teenager who has precocious amounts of time to dump in to a casual tf2 shooter for hours on end every week. If I improve, the system should see it immediately. Not after 200 matches to "even out" via MMR. That's my biggest problem with this game. I am done, seriously, it's a trash system.

To add, MMR should be reset every season. I'll return when seasons mean something. Every SUCCESSFUL (competitive) game either has no seasons (and an ongoing MMR) or it's reset every season.
You get out of gold the same way you got out of silver. Play better than other golds. Just kill them all what's the problem?
I really do understand the frustration. but an MMR reset will make things WAY worse.

what are you gonna do when you are with a team of (ex) bronze players and they have a top 500..
It will just make it harder..

I do agree on the fact that the game should recognize you playing better quicker. So your MMR changes more. Other then that, a reset isnt the answer