Does Ana suck that bad or is mercy just stupid OP right now?

Competitive Discussion
This season has been just a continuous struggle as an ana main. Out of 100 competitive games, I have outhealed nearly every single mercy I have grouped with, but wins have been extremely hard to come by.

I was able to hit a career high 2 days ago, but still with that my win percentage has been total dog !@#$. Only reason I'm still pretty high in GM is because im losing 15-20 sr per game and winning around 30-40. Currently I'm hovering around a 35% win percentage.
I personally prefer a good ana to a good mercy but that's just me. Finding a good ana isn't easy though, I don't think mercy is op, just easier to utilize.
What you are saying doesnt really make sense??? You said that you have outhealed every Mercy that you have come by as Ana, yet the title of your thread says

"Does Ana suck that bad or is mercy just stupid OP right now?"
Ana does not suck that bad and Mercy is not OP right now.
On PS4, I think it's because Ana's ultimate is lacking. It is the only healing ultimate that can only be applied to one person and can be easily countered by a Zen, Lucio or Mercy ult (many other people can also stop a nano boosted player).

IMO, the other healer ults., in general, keep teams alive, can't be "stopped", and don't need to be combined with anything. Ana's ult, usually results in the team having to use two ultimates to really gain an advantage from it and there is no guarantee it will be impactful.
This season has been just a continuous struggle as an ana main. Out of 100 competitive games, I have outhealed nearly every single mercy I have grouped with, but wins have been extremely hard to come by.

I was able to hit a career high 2 days ago, but still with that my win percentage has been total dog !@#$. Only reason I'm still pretty high in GM is because im losing 15-20 sr per game and winning around 30-40. Currently I'm hovering around a 35% win percentage.

I would enjoy seeing proof of that. By all means, show it off. Show me 3 games of you outhealing a mercy. If it's 'nearly every' then you'll have no problem putting up proof.

Mercy has more opportunity to heal than Ana. And easier. And faster. Mercy is no aim. Ana is very much aim. You can't miss with Mercy. You have to land every shot with Ana. Mercy's ult gives more opportunity to heal. Ana has to reload.

As for paragraph 2. Fairly obvious. You're losing less than gaining because the system figures you're meant to be higher than you are. Regardless of your win %. So you're gaining more than losing.
Mercy has been shining right now. After the buff she's being used a lot more than Ana so I can agree to that. Also for Pharah+Mercy combos.

Right now I feel Mercy is a bit better than Ana as in healing or surviving. Ana has her perks but 'aim' you can easily choke. To be honest there are less Ana mains rather than Mercy mains in every rank. I guess Mercy is more 'fun'.
"pretty high in GM"

-checks profile

4140 ._.
06/04/2017 10:56 AMPosted by BathingCap
IMO, the other healer ults., in general, keep teams alive, can't be "stopped", and don't need to be combined with anything. Ana's ult, usually results in the team having to use two ultimates to really gain an advantage from it and there is no guarantee it will be impactful.

1. "other healer's ults can't be stopped"

- Zen's ult can be countered by grenade
- Lucio's ult can be countered by EMP
- Mercy's ult can be stopped by counter ulting after the rezz

2. "team has to use 2 ults to gain an advantage"
You have clearly never seen a nano winston/Rein/pharah (using left mouse button) if you think you can't get value unless you combo it with another ult.
06/04/2017 12:01 PMPosted by YouWhatM8
Mercy has been shining right now. After the buff she's being used a lot more than Ana so I can agree to that. Also for Pharah+Mercy combos.

Right now I feel Mercy is a bit better than Ana as in healing or surviving. Ana has her perks but 'aim' you can easily choke. To be honest there are less Ana mains rather than Mercy mains in every rank. I guess Mercy is more 'fun'.

With tank meta being over, you will subsequently see less Ana's. Tank healing and people "stacking" was always a favorable situation for her because of her grenade. Nowadays the meta has shifted. People play more flankers which are harder for ana to hit and escape if found in enemy teams. People "stack" less which means she can't throw her grenade down on the entire team at once.

@OP Ana isn't bad. Mercy isn't op. With the meta shifting towards more squishy flankers and less tanks, both healers are more vulnerable in terms of survivability.
If you generally heal more than other Mercy's, that's a good thing. I never get outhealed as mercy so I wouldn't be able to say much about who should have better / higher healing.
mercy has a social movement happening that has very little to do with actual game play. some people are extremely anti mercy and some people are extremely pro mercy

06/04/2017 10:48 AMPosted by ComposedJam
Ana does not suck that bad and Mercy is not OP right now.

this is the real truth the healers are all "ok" just wish there were like 3 more to pick from
Mercy's rez is valuable and erases anything the enemy team managed to do. On certain maps, she can just hide in spawn and come in for the save. She can just attach to a teammate to get out of harm's way with a single key. No aim is necessary unless she needs to pull out her pistol for emergency 1v1s.

I'd rather have a good Ana, however in certain tiers, people don't have the mechanical skill to play her to her full potential. Someone missing too many shots with her means she can't always be classified as a burst healer. Misusing/missing sleep darts, wasting biotic grenade when her team still has a 2nd healer alive, etc. are a few of the mistakes I repeatedly see.

If I ever have the pleasure of being in GM, Ana would no doubt be the support I'd want.