QP is such a mess

General Discussion
Last few games I've played, nobody wants to heal-- OK, that's fine guess I'll be healing I said to myself.--not on mic of course.

I asked for everyone to group up: no one listens so I hit group up again, only to be ignored and everyone scatters across the map. Every game so far been like this.... Why do you do this to me ??
Yea it's kinda sad... far too frequently you'll wind up with better comps in 6v6 random hero than you do in quickplay : /
Because the classic mindset "It's Just Quickplay"
Quick play is sad.
But i don't play comp.
I'm sad.
Its futile and pointless, but im gonna say it anyways, do you really expect, people in qp, to play as if it was comp?. WHEN THERES A COMPETITIVE MODE.
06/08/2017 02:17 AMPosted by Starr
Last few games I've played, nobody wants to heal-- OK, that's fine guess I'll be healing I said to myself.--not on mic of course.

I asked for everyone to group up: no one listens so I hit group up again, only to be ignored and everyone scatters across the map. Every game so far been like this.... Why do you do this to me ??
which is why i play sombra in QP now, im tired of healing aoll the time as mercy and then get flamed on for picking dps. want a healer? lol pick a health pack
I think what happens is you start out with people who are keen to tank and heal, but after enough matches where the first three heroes picked are the Unholy Trinity, you really just stop giving a damn. I will be the 5fth or 6th DPS, thank you very much, unless someone picks a real tank (ie not Hog) or a healer that can heal tanks (solo Lucio or solo Zen usually doesn't do the job) and I will pick the other.
Broken game mode. No teamwork, no playing around objectives, no proper team compositions. Team death match/sniper duel mode. Because half of the community sees it as "having fun" mode. Other sees it as unranked mode. Developers should do something with this.
06/08/2017 02:28 AMPosted by SSPDHEMSS
Its futile and pointless, but im gonna say it anyways, do you really expect, people in qp, to play as if it was comp?. WHEN THERES A COMPETITIVE MODE.

I expect players to practice forming a working comp ,practice there communication, practice working as a team.
What we get is warm-ups for cod
06/08/2017 02:38 AMPosted by Havok

I expect players to practice forming a working comp ,practice there communication, practice working as a team.
What we get is warm-ups for cod

This is what i think aswell.

People say "It's only QP i am practicing" when i practice a new hero i generally use that hero in a situation comparable (more casual obviously) to comp so the habits i form and how the hero plays etc is a small simulation of what to expect in comp should i use that hero.
People think they're practising in QP, but yet they all do it poorly because getting stomped in a terrible comp isn't practicing at all, if you want to practice your aim then the Arcade is a place full of it, or every other FPS that exists.

People that are simply "having fun" are the other main problem with what's wrong with QP, they take their own fun as precedence over everyone else trying to play the game and refuse to play as a team, when you get multiple of these people on 1 team then it's destined to fail, I usually leave before the 30 seconds character pick is done when I see them.
06/08/2017 03:05 AMPosted by Crash
People think they're practising in QP, but yet they all do it poorly because getting stomped in a terrible comp isn't practicing at all, if you want to practice your aim then the Arcade is a place full of it, or every other FPS that exists.

People that are simply "having fun" are the other main problem with what's wrong with QP, they take their own fun as precedence over everyone else trying to play the game and refuse to play as a team, when you get multiple of these people on 1 team then it's destined to fail, I usually leave before the 30 seconds character pick is done when I see them.

Indeed, getting force fed your own !@# and racking up double-digit deaths in a game lasting 5 minutes with a comp consisting of 5 DPS or a 1-1-4 with double-sniper and torb on attack is not a very good experience to be had, practice or otherwise.
That's the QP experience™
I'm more than happy to heal if we get a tank or 2, but forget healing 5 DPS, it almost always ends in pure frustration and quickplay is supposed to be fun, i get enough stress in comp thanks.
So you got few unlucky matches and considered QP is a mess? Wow. How insightful.

My experience with QP(And I play ONLY QP for half a year now):
- 90% of teams have healer picked at the start
- 80% of games have tank picked at start
- People are actually trying to win every time, except for some really low percent of battles
- The most common comp I see is 1 tank, 1-2 supports, 1 sniper, 2-3 DPS. Not meta at all, but if you want meta - go to comp or gather a group.

I feel like people are overexaggerating their few unlucky streaks into a full-time happenings. Or that some people just call a mess whatever group that is not composed by meta 100%. Adapt and overcome, it works, really.
QP is a sht show. far too often I get thrown into a game that's already started and on the losing side. why in the fck would I want to fill a spot someone didn't want for obvious reasons only now I get to do it already down 50%?

but wait there's more.

leave in the next few seconds to try to find a fresh game and we're going to start punishing you by making you sit out! that's right! we're going to limit the number of times you can leave a game but we wont limit the amount of sht were going to shovel down your throat over the next 3-4 hours of gaming you wish you were actually doing.

they need to add the option to block people you don't want to play in the game with. 2 games earlier the same guy was throwing, once on the enemy team with bastion just running to us then jumping off the side the very next game he was on my team as pharah just jump jetting right into the enemy to die over and over and over. this is the sht I get to look forward to when I don't leave games?

super cool content blizz.
06/08/2017 02:17 AMPosted by Starr

QP is boring. Only time i play QP is if i want a break from Rank or if there is a new hero i need to learn (which at the moment i dont as i know all the heros)

There is no big incentive for people to try and win QP, you get 500 xp for a win, that dont seem enough for people to try and practise meta and other heros.

Your better off playing comp win/lose dont matter.
I will heal when I can block people spamming emotes.
They should just make some kind of competitive practise mode so people that want to tryhard outside of comp can play that

I personally refuse to tryhard in quickplay, since it's not about winning or losing in that mode, only fun
http://i.imgur.com/RIWxtFH.jpg