Why are you not playing your main in comp???

Competitive Discussion
Simple question. I'll see a D.va main playing Genji and I check there hours and they have like 2 hours in genji but 50 in D.va.

The only excuse I can think of is "they're un-viable in comp" because that goes for Widow, Sombra, and some other mains. (they can be played but lets be real here, most people are very unhappy to see these picks)
my main is Mercy but i feel comfortable playing every role. Sometimes your main just isnt working for the rest of the team for whatever reason, for example if my team lacks dmg i'll pick zen or ana to boost genji or soldier. Also another reason is that someone picks your main before you do.
New season, new main :)
Because I get called a weeb and people rage at me for not picking S76 or tell me to go Lucio who I can't play well.
Because it's a video game. It's meant to be played to have fun. Who are you to dictate how they spend their time on a game that they bought.
because 6 Genji mains in a team are bad for the "team"? lul.
you need a tank, you pick tank even if its not your main. no one else will do it. same for healers and (rarely) for DPS
Because when I pick Tracer it's a 50-50 chance people will whine and take troll picks in retaliation, so I give in and switch also think of the poor Hanzo mains who get this 99% of the time.
06/06/2017 04:30 AMPosted by Sallian
Because when I pick Tracer it's a 50-50 chance people will whine and take troll picks in retaliation, so I give in and switch also think of the poor Hanzo mains who get this 99% of the time.

Shouts out to the Hanzos

Seriously people do that when you pick Tracer? I mean come on Tracer is generally a good pick both on attack and defense, unless they got a counter of course.

What's next, people saying "great we got a thrower" when someone insta locks Soldier?

I'm a Hanzo main. I get it all the time. Honestly, the only time I don't get yelled at is when I'm not getting good medals, because the rest of my team are actually good. It's only the really bad players that yell at Hanzo players as soon as the game starts or the ones who actually know what they're doing.
06/06/2017 02:46 AMPosted by Masoff
Because it's a video game. It's meant to be played to have fun. Who are you to dictate how they spend their time on a game that they bought.

Never been a fan of this type of argument. This isn't a solo game. Why is 1 person's fun more important than the other 5 people? I'm not saying people should be forced to play things they don't like, but people should at least have the common courtesy to work with what's best for everyone involved, not just what works best for your individual entertainment. Especially if the word "Competitive" describes the mode of play.
06/06/2017 04:36 AMPosted by Junkrat

Seriously people do that when you pick Tracer? I mean come on Tracer is generally a good pick both on attack and defense, unless they got a counter of course.

What's next, people saying "great we got a thrower" when someone insta locks Soldier?

My SR is kinda low so people have little faith in a Tracer which is a shame I believe she is my strongest hero and with Mercy being played as much as she is denying res is super effective.

But low SR mentality will never change.
06/06/2017 04:39 AMPosted by Kunosachiaka

I'm a Hanzo main. I get it all the time. Honestly, the only time I don't get yelled at is when I'm not getting good medals, because the rest of my team are actually good. It's only the really bad players that yell at Hanzo players as soon as the game starts or the ones who actually know what they're doing.

I used to be one of the guys who thought "Oh great we got a Hanzo/Sym/Widow/whatever main, this match is lost" But after playing a decent amount of competitive games and after seeing Hanzo/Sym/Widow mains carry games, I have become a lot more open minded.

If someone picks Hanzo, I won't say a thing, just let the guy do his thing and show you what he's worth, you might be surprised. Of course if the Hanzo main is just dying again and again and not actually killing anyone, I will try and politely ask them if they want to switch to something else.
I don't really have a main I ussauly play up to 6 hero's per season dealing in an out depending on nerfs an buffs
Main reason for not playing reaper is pharmercy. At least the hog will be bacon soon with the Nerf to his lazy hook.
Cause having a main in this game is aids. Cough* Hanzo cough* Genji mains cough*
Because people get tired of playing them. I've been playing Junkrat, Sym and Torn on an alt account recently and been having a blast. It gets stale playing the same hero non-stop.
I don't have a main.

My usual picks though are:
-road
-mccree
-soldier
-mei
-zarya
-zen
-Pharah/junkrat/sym/bastion/torb sprinkled in
06/06/2017 05:32 AMPosted by Captiva
Cause having a main in this game is aids. Cough* Hanzo cough* Genji mains cough*

It's not a bad thing to have a one go to character that you really excel with. It's people that 1 trick that are the problem.
As a Symmetra main, I tend to not pick her because I know how many uneducated players there are out there that actually think she isn't as effective on Attack as she can be on Defense. I don't want to see my team play badly, simply because they tilt over a pick in spawn before the match has even started; thus I gravitate more towards Mercy, which I also feel I can play rather well and actually carry with. I do Battle Mercy when there's openings for it, and usually get some important picks. It makes me sad, but it is how it is.

Sadly, 99% of every single comp match I queue into starts with Attack, so I can never really pick Symmetra for the ("it tilts people") reasons listed previously, thus I can't show the team that I can actually play her rather well and continue using her for the Attack round. Oh well, at least I can go into QP and other modes and have fun with the character I actually truly enjoy playing.