So why is Rein's ult nerfed?

General Discussion
It doesn't hit the top, nor anything behind the payload, in kings row. What's the point?
I was regularly getting slammed to the ground when I was hovering 20 feet over my team as Pharah, and rein hammering near first checkpoint gate on Route 66 would knock down people on top of building for example. Doesn't make sense with tremor shockwaves thru the ground to cause that
To be fair it isn't really a nerf - merely a bug fix (earthshatter was hitting people who were like 5 feet off the ground) which on earth that's not how gravity works.
What we should really be talking about is not earthshatter but Reinhardts hit registration, his buggy hammer, and his inconsistent magnetic charge.
His ultimate felt unfair to a lot of mobility classes. The idea that "shattered earth" could knock Pharah out of the sky just felt wrong.
Highly Rated
06/14/2017 06:34 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
His ultimate felt unfair to a lot of mobility classes. The idea that "shattered earth" could knock Pharah out of the sky just felt wrong.

We should have more possibilities to knock Pharah out of the sky though.
Highly Rated
06/14/2017 06:36 PMPosted by Sødøm

Agree in theory, but doing with an Earthquake is stupid.

Jeff, Please hear me out. I play allot of rein from season 1 to Now. Judging that I am a flex player, I notice that Reinhardt Charge is very inconsistent. Being against and playing as reinhardt that is.

When I am against reinhardt, their were moments where the charge would act as a vacuum meaning i am not in his line of the charge but I would get sucked into.

But when I am playing as Reinhardt, however, their were moments when I charge someone - aiming like on their shoulders or hand or even torso - they get pushed back when really they should get pinned or get caught in the charge.

Please excuse my grammar and english, it is not the first language

but please address this.

There are options. One shouldn't need an Ultimate to pluck Pharah from the sky, although certain Ultimates (McCree's/Soldier's) will decimate Pharah before she can fully drop out of the sky, anyway.

In general, the answer you're looking for is bullets and projectiles shot by people that can aim.
Yeah, it's always been a giant "what the heck" moment (to use more polite terms than would be uttered) when a Rein smacks you out of the air by pounding the ground.
06/14/2017 06:37 PMPosted by Zeta

Agree in theory, but doing with an Earthquake is stupid.

Sombra, she destroys Pharah.
Widow

vs Pharmercy?

Mercy damage amp 76
widow
Zen Discording Pharah and 76.

to defend?

Dva, DM those rockets and Pharah is worthless.

Plus to keep her at bay
Ana and Mcree can pop in damage.

I like the change, it requires more skill now.[i][/i]
06/14/2017 06:38 PMPosted by ThatBoiBuff

Jeff, Please hear me out. I play allot of rein from season 1 to Now. Judging that I am a flex player, I notice that Reinhardt Charge is very inconsistent. Being against and playing as reinhardt that is.

When I am against reinhardt, their were moments where the charge would act as a vacuum meaning i am not in his line of the charge but I would get sucked into.

But when I am playing as Reinhardt, however, their were moments when I charge someone - aiming like on their shoulders or hand or even torso - they get pushed back when really they should get pinned or get caught in the charge.

but please address this.

I have been standing a good 3-6 feet to the left or the right of where rein hit a wall (assuming myself safe) only to suddenly find myself dead. So the inconsistency of charge really goes both ways.

Buffing pharah when she needs a nerf tho
06/14/2017 06:45 PMPosted by GhengisJohn
06/14/2017 06:38 PMPosted by ThatBoiBuff

but please address this.

I have been standing a good 3-6 feet to the left or the right of where rein hit a wall (assuming myself safe) only to suddenly find myself dead. So the inconsistency of charge really goes both ways.

Yeah i totally agree with you their was moments when someone is behind a wall and i charge on that wall and got a free kill. is really inconsistent

I like it. Rein has plenty going for him without having a huge Y axis on his ultimate. Thumbs up from me.

edit: Reading the posts above me I also agree Rein's charge feels very inconsistent and unfair. It's either, "how the hell did I not pin that guy?!" or, "I can't believe he just snapped to me!" multiple times per game.

You've done a ton to make Roadhog's hook feel more fair (not getting into the current PTR changes), my #1 canidate ability after that would be Rein's charge (after you completely remove Hanzo scatter :P ).
I think the biggest beneficiary has been Genji. I didn't hesitate to solo ult his !@# before the nerf.

This made me laugh harder than it should have.

Hey, some of us would appreciate something like that, because it's Pharah.

Any chance Rein's hammer hit boxes being effected by lag getting fixed soon?
or even Charges pin hit box in general getting fixed?

as someone who once liked rein I'd like to be able to use him properly again

Yeah, it's just so damn cruel that Pharah got hit by something and didn't go her way.

That was what, one of the three things that countered her? Glad an entire ult is made useless due to one character though.
06/14/2017 07:11 PMPosted by DEMOHARDT

Yeah, it's just so damn cruel that Pharah got hit by something and didn't go her way.

That was what, one of the three things that countered her? Glad an entire ult is made useless due to one character though.

Do not try to turn around and place the blame on Pharah, it was changed because the nature and name of the attack didn't match who it actually hit. And I will be the first to tell you, before this fix to earthshatter, Reins were not using it to ground Pharah at all, they were using it to ground the whole enemy team. Pharah's close enough to get grounded were in close enough range that any character in the game could already reach her at that range