Have a Red user list

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 18 Next
in my opinion, this isn't quite good for ones that have unstable internet connection like me :( since i got banned in season 4 just because my game crash due to connection issues quite often :(
06/08/2017 08:28 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We'll definitely take the idea into consideration. Our philosophy has been that we would rather not have leavers playing the game at all (especially in Competitive Play). We keep increasing the penalty for leaving and will continue to do so. We're in the process of implementing a new policy which would take into account how many Competitive Seasons you have been banned from and at a certain point, prevent you from playing Competitive ever again.

What if your kicked out of the game because of your connection or your pc crashing will you still be in risk of a comp ban because i have had both of these happen to me and i did rejoin the match and played as i was playing before.
06/09/2017 01:29 AMPosted by NightRaven
in my opinion, this isn't quite good for ones that have unstable internet connection like me :( since i got banned in season 4 just because my game crash due to connection issues quite often :(

This is what i would also like to know because i have been kicked out of games because my internet connection bugged out and made me relog in overwatch and another time was when my pc crashed.
If this is implemented I think there should be a faster way for people who disconnect for a spit second, to get back into the game. As of right now The Overwatch game client logs you out, and it takes a long time to get into the competetive game again, which could end up losing you and your team the game
06/08/2017 08:38 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
06/08/2017 08:33 AMPosted by NTxC

That's a step in the right direction. Hallelujah

Now, onto reviewing and banning throwers!

Definitely. We had a lengthy meeting about this yesterday. We've been doing a lot of research on the problem for months now. We think we have some good solutions. We still need players to help us by reporting people. We do both manual and auto detection on our end, but player reports are the most immediate indicator that point us in the right direction. We also discussed the need for more feedback for the person doing the reporting so it doesn't feel like your report is going into the void.

if im a s**t player, and the tell me to switch, and i switch to 76, but my aim is s**t, am i throwing like they say? or am i just bad?
We'll definitely take the idea into consideration. Our philosophy has been that we would rather not have leavers playing the game at all (especially in Competitive Play). We keep increasing the penalty for leaving and will continue to do so. We're in the process of implementing a new policy which would take into account how many Competitive Seasons you have been banned from and at a certain point, prevent you from playing Competitive ever again.
But what about people that disconnect for having internet or Wi-if issues?
We already have the "prefer this player" option but not an "avoid this player" option. I intentionally thought that would automatically happen due to blocking a player or reporting him. But I already played with a player two times in a row I just had blocked and reported before.
I'd also like to know how the "prefer this player" actually works. I guess both sides have to prefer each other, like a two sided agreement. just like a friendship in battle.net works.
That's awesome. I got thrown off a cliff by our Symmetra yesterday right as the game was coming down to a close win or loss. I'm certain I wasn't the only one. We lost. I hope you guys try to get people out of the "it's only quickmatch" mentality and give harsher punishments to stuff like that. At the very least give us a short buff that teleports us back up the cliff if we go over it after using the tele.

What if some people have connectivity issues or the game tends to crash? That wouldn't be fair if someone was to be banned forever because of something they can't help, Jeff.
I don't think the people who have occasional disconnects or emergencies requiring to leave a comp game should worry. Jeff seems to referring to people who consistently and constantly leave games and get banned from multiple seasons.

But what about people who leave due to having issues with connection, I frequently get booted from a game in the first minute and am stuck with a ban for x-time, but i don't lose connection to the internet, my girlfriend who is using the same router is not booted either. I just have to turn the game back on and i can play again, but if it is in the first minute it's a forced leave.
We are begging for this since S1
... please dont wait so many more seasons till you raise the LEVEL LIMIT for RANKED ... Level 25 - Mates dont make this more fun, and we still need a change here too !

While I hate rage quitters during competitive matches, especially after waiting for a while in finding a game, and then someone leave and the match is cancelled.

However, today I was playing and it was the first time that I had a power cut while playing a match, the match had already ended by the time the power came back and I found myself with a few minutes suspension. Seeing how rains have started here power cuts may be a little more frequent.

If your server disconnects me during a start of a game and we get our game losses with minus 50-100SR for something we did not do, 10 SECS? HOW THE HELL DO WE EVEN HAVE TIME TO RECONNECT BACK TO THE GAME?

Fix this portion and extend the damn time to a reasonable amount for us to try to connect back to the game!

Edit: and why we know its the server? we were in queue with friends and I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO GOT KICKED OUT (My voice com on discord was still working which meant there was nothing wrong with my internet connection!)
My internet dies on me a lot what if it happens to me in competitive play is there anything i can do then?
06/08/2017 10:25 AMPosted by ĆħiŷöņǾŞåĸę
06/08/2017 08:50 AMPosted by ƒudge

i disagree with perm bans in competitive play, it doesn't solve the problem at hand which is the 5 other team mates suffering.

you can say its helping those players by preventing it again, but thats just a bandaid on something that needs stitches.

but let me ask you this, why stop at just leavers? why are you giving permanent comp bans for leavers, when theres other types of deviant behavior...

leaving isn't always a guaranteed loss, but team mate teleporters and icewalls have even more impact on the game than -1 player advantage. when 5v7 vs 5v6.

but you only punish people who leave and not those who throw.

so tell me jeff why do you look at leavers like its a black unholy demon spawn, but completely overlook deviant behavior?

and what punishment do you dole out to players who manage to accrue 11x reports against them every single game.

------------------------------

(when ultimately avoid this player was the best thing we ever had against throwers, moreso than leavers)

i feel sorry for leavers, sometimes its an accident and sometimes you live in a poorer neighborhood and have rolling blackouts.

but there are others who need permanent bans above leavers.

id imagine the main reason ppl dont get banned for the 'deviant behavior'

is because most of the reports are false.

if a person loves torb and plays him on attack and defense. it doesnt mean hes out right throwing. but ppl treat that as if he wants to lose, sure it might cause alot of losses.

but banning ppl because of hero picks is a slippery slope. lets say ppl start to hate roadhog...

maybe everyone just decides to report roadhogs and boom. no more hog mains

maybe ppl decide genji is a troll pick and they report, thus ban every genji main.

true troll behavior is a problem, but its impossible to tell the difference between "omg widow swap your not doing anything" from "!@#$ing mei is walling me off in spawn"

because what it comes down too... IF saying the person went out of there way to throw gets a person banned, then even if someone is just slightly underperforming as there favorite hero. ppl would say they threw so that they get banned.

"swap or we report you"

"but im doing fine"

"i dont care, i dont want a hanzo on my team. swap your we'll get you banned"

slippery slope.

THIS NEEDS MORE UPVOTES
I'm the only one that sometimes got dropped fram a match due to random sh!t? Your router disconnected, power shortage, system crashing or simply your game decides to disconnect (most usual cause)? I'd never leave a competitive match on purpose and yet somehow i've managed to get a 8 hour ban once. I tried contacting technical support but they failed to give me a reasonable solution to my problem. If they just going to increase the bans under the only criteria that when someone disconects you ban them for a certain amont of time, them many innocent people (i guess) will suffer of unfair punishments.
I love this idea but in my case (Im a console player) having good connection is like a disaster in Comp games. If you have one player that's supposed to have good connection but some other has bad, it thrpws the game off pretty easily especially for me and others. I would love this punishment to be implied but i dont want people who are disconnected from games to get the same punishment.

And what about people who disconnect because of a spotty connection and can't get back in time for a match?

Every once in a while it happens to me. I take the 10 and 30 minute bans, whatever, not a big deal, but if I get permanently banned for having a connection that #$$%@ the bed every once in a while, how is that fair?

Is there going to be a way to appeal a ban?