Little kids shouldn't even be playing

General Discussion
06/13/2017 07:29 AMPosted by ŎneWhoSighs
And then I remember how the one kid I've ran into was actually pretty cool despite having an admittedly squeaky voice.

My experiences with nice kids thankfully outnumbers the annoying.

Seriously the only annoying kid I dealt with was someone going "HUR HUR HUR HUR HEY MERCY HEAL ME I NEED HEALING" like a retard that thinks they're being funny before a match. I just told them they were getting muted.

Meanwhile the good kids actually knew they had to come to me sometimes if they wanted heals. That I couldn't risk zipping over to them depending on where they were. They gave a damn. That's the difference.
06/13/2017 07:32 AMPosted by clockworkfox
I love how people think I want to debate this.

Said the guy still responding to a discussion
How would this work? Would all kids have to verify their age by sending in their birth certificate, which can still be forged? I feel like you're just venting because there was a 10 year old on your team who got more kills than you.
I remember playing with a kid who was using his mic and not being obnoxious, just being a kid. He ended up getting the PoTG and I told him I thought his play was awesome. He got excited and it was cool to see a kid do well in a game and handle it like a kid.

Just remember, we were kid gamers too once.

Kids under sixteen, stay out of comp. Period. That's all it is.

How mature. You've made your mind up and that's final.

Guessing you're going to be one of those parents who says "Because I told you so" instead of explaining things to your kids.
06/13/2017 07:25 AMPosted by clockworkfox
06/13/2017 07:21 AMPosted by Pandata
Honestly, I despise people like you.

AHAHAHA okay? I don't care; have fun with that, dude. ;) Let me guess- you're between twelve and fourteen.

Why? Because they're loud, obnoxious, often toxic, can't handle situations in a mature manner, don't generally have a good grasp on team comp, switching, and how to play in a COMPETITIVE manner.

Almost NONE of them can do these things.

Almost ALL of them are ragey, toxic, loud squeakers who one trick Hanzo, think they're amazing, and throw temper tantrums.

Stay out of comp.

Also, 'despise'. I'm still giggling. XD

At least most of what you said could be used to describe yourself as well.
06/13/2017 07:38 AMPosted by Pearl
06/13/2017 07:25 AMPosted by clockworkfox

AHAHAHA okay? I don't care; have fun with that, dude. ;) Let me guess- you're between twelve and fourteen.

Why? Because they're loud, obnoxious, often toxic, can't handle situations in a mature manner, don't generally have a good grasp on team comp, switching, and how to play in a COMPETITIVE manner.

Almost NONE of them can do these things.

Almost ALL of them are ragey, toxic, loud squeakers who one trick Hanzo, think they're amazing, and throw temper tantrums.

Stay out of comp.

Also, 'despise'. I'm still giggling. XD

I'm sorry, I'm supposed to be- insulted? Is that what you're going for?

Considering you've never played with me, I find it hard to be.
The reason you lost a comp game was not because of that kid. It was because of you who thought that all kids are complete idiots.
06/13/2017 07:39 AMPosted by clockworkfox
<span class="truncated">...</span>

"ragey"
"toxic"
"thinks they're amazing"
06/13/2017 07:36 AMPosted by ŎneWhoSighs

Kids under sixteen, stay out of comp. Period. That's all it is.

How mature. You've made your mind up and that's final.

Guessing you're going to be one of those parents who says "Because I told you so" instead of explaining things to your kids.

I'm never going to be a parent. I'd be insulted, but it's very hard to be when you know nothing about me and you're trying to insult my character. Like, oh no, a random person online thinks I'd be a bad parent. Horror. Pain. Ahhhhhh. Ggggrrrkk.

/Collapse.
If we're talking mental age, I agree with you. If we're talking just years, I disagree. 12 Year Olds can have the mental age of a 16-year old, or can have simply the mental age of a 12 year old as a 40 year old. I had the mental age of 14 as an 11-year old, which, if mental age goes up by year or experience, my mental age should be between 15-17. If you're annoyed by squeakers, just lower their volumes or mute them. Just be sure that you might be screwed over by not listening to a kid with the mental age of 16, or an adult with a mental age of 10.
06/13/2017 07:19 AMPosted by AgentTalon
Not a parent but IMO if you let your young kid onto any system where there is unfiltered swearing, hate speech, and racism you're doing a bad job.

Don't care about skill and OW isn't even violent compared so those are non-factors. I just don't think I would want my 10 year old hearing the stuff that comes out of trolls mouths on the regular.

Let the tween down votes begin!

I am a parent and while I don't want my son talking like some of the adults in this community talk I also don't shelter him. I'd much rather him see someone acting a fool and then explain to him "You see son, this is a way you shouldn't act, and this is WHY you shouldn't act this way." than to just hide it from him until he sees it out on his own and is like "What? Is this how I should be acting?". Sheltering from swearing, hate speech and racism doesn't stop those things from existing...
06/13/2017 07:39 AMPosted by clockworkfox

"ragey"
"toxic"
"thinks their amazing"

Again, you've...never played with me. So like. I'm. Insulted, I guess? RAWR, I'M SO MAAAAD!!!! Grrrrr.
06/13/2017 07:19 AMPosted by AgentTalon
Not a parent but IMO if you let your young kid onto any system where there is unfiltered swearing, hate speech, and racism you're doing a bad job.

Don't care about skill and OW isn't even violent compared so those are non-factors. I just don't think I would want my 10 year old hearing the stuff that comes out of trolls mouths on the regular.

Let the tween down votes begin!

Well, you said it yourself, you're not a parent so your opinion means nothing.

I am a parent and while I don't want my son talking like some of the adults in this community talk I also don't shelter him. I'd much rather him see someone acting a fool and then explain to him "You see son, this is a way you shouldn't act, and this is WHY you shouldn't act this way." than to just hide it from him until he sees it out on his own and is like "What? Is this how I should be acting?". Sheltering from swearing, hate speech and racism doesn't stop those things from existing...

LOL, and you've just managed to totally invalidate yourself.

'You're not a professional chef, so you can't state an opinion on this obviously overcooked steak you ordered medium rare!'

Oh my God, people on these forums are so stupid. You're a parent? You BRED? That's a scary thought.
let the kid have fun. how would you feel if your parent never let you play video games
One day the children bringing up arguments and disliking comments will become adults, and they too will post about not wanting kids to be exposed to the offensive language used online, children in the future will then start bringing up arguments and disliking comments. and so the cycle begins.
06/13/2017 07:41 AMPosted by clockworkfox
Again, you've...never played with me. So like. I'm. Insulted, I guess? RAWR, I'M SO MAAAAD!!!! Grrrrr.

That's some "not totally wanting to debate this you guys" right there
06/13/2017 07:49 AMPosted by Rosenrot234
06/13/2017 07:41 AMPosted by clockworkfox

That's some "not totally wanting to debate this you guys" right there

Yep. :) It's also 'oh my God this is funny, they're so desperate'.
idc if they are 8 or 80 they are gonna get lit up in this game.....no age discrimination.....sure mny accuracy is garbage but ill eventually hit something darn it !
I just don't feel it's right for little kids to be playing shooters. My parents didn't let me play shooters till I was 12 guess what I lived. I'm sure that there are plenty of nice ones out there and maybe i'm just unlucky but the ones I usually come across are incredibly annoying and I just end up muting them within the first minute of the game.