Art team, please give us this Lucio Skin

General Discussion
Highly Rated
This is what Lucio was initially supposed to look like. HE LOOKS SO BADASS OMG MAKE IT HAPPEN PLEASE

https://twitter.com/overwatchgg/status/872506015341834240
That was Arnold's early concept for Lúcio. We're glad you like it. Maybe we'll consider making it a skin someday.

The art book is really amazing. Our art team and our publishing team have poured so much love into it. We hope you enjoy it when it comes out.
Highly Rated
06/08/2017 08:24 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
That was Arnold's early concept for Lúcio. We're glad you like it. Maybe we'll consider making it a skin someday.

The art book is really amazing. Our art team and our publishing team have poured so much love into it. We hope you enjoy it when it comes out.

yay!
I'll plus-one this, the concept art would make a neat skin
It's a pretty nice concept!

..though he looks kind of.. like a samurai?

That'd great!

If it ever happens that would be dope !
I'm afraid I'll be very frustrated if other heroes have such cool outfits that are not in the game (yet, hopefully) haha, but I'm definitely planning on getting the book ;) Great work !
....I like it more than the original skin we have...

why is most concept art better than the end product?
06/08/2017 08:29 AMPosted by Endlave

idk but on some level maybe the current Lucio is "more safe" whereas super cool looks like this are 'riskier'

I would definitely love this as a skin, really like it.
As a Graphic Designer, I need that book more than my left hand!
He has no shirt on lol.

I can see why they opted out of using it.

but it is cool tho.

They need to make Predator themed Lucio. His hair already reminds me of those.. tendrils? Hair? They have lol.

The description on the image says that his pants would "light up" like equalizers as he played music, and developers thought the visuals would be "too distracting."

Typically concept art is more detail then what you'll get in game and the artist has more freedom over the overall design of the character because they're not worried about how the characters hitbox will work. The second point is also why the skin team in HOTS has more freedom to go wild with their skins than the OW skin team.
Wait.

... is his belt buckle supposed to be a "Black Power" fist?

Maybe that could be an idea for a new event? Old concept skins?

http://www.footstrikegaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/12_dva2.jpg

Would love the original Hana Song as a skin.

Also the ability to choose seperate Pilot/Meka skins at some point :)
I love it when Jeff replies to threads; being serious here btw

Nice to see you're more focused on making blue posts on skins instead of stuff people actually want.

#FreeTheDanceEmotes
What about a wild "Rollerball movies" skin ?
(both, i like the remake too ^^)
I am still hoping for a Hanzo skin from the Christmas comic. That was so awesome!
Holy crap, I had just been thinking about how Lucio needed a skin with his locs down instead of up, and that looks AMAZING!!! I know lucio finally got a legendary event skin- and i bought it immediately- but oh MAN, i would love to have this skin!

Certifiable badass lucio!