Are Tracer and Mercy Immortal?

General Discussion
^Title.

We know that Tracer and Mercy were both in Overwatch before it disbanded, even seeing both of them next to a young 76.

Do you think Mercy stopped aging because of her nanites, or is the process drastically slowed down?

And what about Tracer? Does her ability to move through time make her immortal?
Kaplan stated in that twitter AMA thingy that Tracer and Mercy had weird things going on in the aging department but he didn't go into specifics
https://youtu.be/LKg7_qGhWVc?t=17m45s
06/15/2017 08:07 AMPosted by SteamPunk
Kaplan stated in that twitter AMA thingy that Tracer and Mercy had weird things going on in the aging department but he didn't go into specifics
https://youtu.be/LKg7_qGhWVc?t=17m45s

Ah I see! Thanks for even including the source!
They aren't immortal per say. Their cells just deteriorate at a incredibly minimal rate. Thus the aging process is basically non-existent.
Michael Chu posted that Tracer does age.

10/18/2016 03:06 PMPosted by Michael Chu
Just to provide answers to common questions about Tracer:

• Tracer was not a founding member of Overwatch (she didn't fight in the Omnic Crisis)
  • Tracer does age

now idk what to think. this quote is a lot more ambiguous than what Jeff said, but if she is 'effectively' 'immortal' like people in this topic are saying then the quote seems needlessly misleading. another thing I thought I knew about this game's story goes out the window.
Looks like it has already been answered but Mercy has some funky medical stuff she does to slow the aging process and apparently Tracer had some sort of "time-stream accident" that resulted in her aging at an incredibly slow rate.
my theory is probably tracer just age slower since her time travel thing while mercy since she is a doctor and probably has perfect health she just age at a slower rate for having really good health she might live a really long life thanks to that idk :V
06/15/2017 08:45 AMPosted by kirsch
Michael Chu posted that Tracer does age.

10/18/2016 03:06 PMPosted by Michael Chu
Just to provide answers to common questions about Tracer:

• Tracer was not a founding member of Overwatch (she didn't fight in the Omnic Crisis)
  • Tracer does age

now idk what to think. this quote is a lot more ambiguous than what Jeff said, but if she is 'effectively' 'immortal' like people in this topic are saying then the quote seems needlessly misleading. another thing I thought I knew about this game's story goes out the window.

Although what Michael said doesn't necessarily contradict what Jeff said because aging very slowly is still aging, it definitely looks like there were 2 different narratives going on.
Overwatch only disbanded about five years ago in the game's current time.

So Tracer joined very young (20 or so), was only in OW for a couple of years and is now mid-twenties; no problem there.

Mercy might be late thirties, but remember this is 2080, and we're constantly increasing the human life expectancy. Medical science could easily have reached the point where 40 is the new 20.
Mercy is a genius doctor. She probably found many ways of extending her life, which is why she looks so young at the age of 37, which Mei notices in her interactions with her.

Tracer...doesn't she speed up time and rewind it? Her age should be all over the place. I'm willing to believe she does look roughly the age of 27 though...in the Overwatch art style. Overwatch has all their girls look younger than they should, Widow looks like a teenager even though she's 33.
Tracer and Mercy are neither immortal nor effectively immortal.
06/15/2017 01:52 PMPosted by Michael Chu

What about Reaper?
Obviously not you can kill them in game.

:^)
Then why no age?
06/15/2017 01:54 PMPosted by IHirs
Then why no age?

Tracer can age.
06/15/2017 01:55 PMPosted by Gitgut
06/15/2017 01:54 PMPosted by IHirs
...Then why no age?

Tracer can age.
but why no sag?

I can confirmed this, as I've killed them several times in my games.
<span class="truncated">...</span>Then why no age?

Tracer can age.
can age doesnt answer why she hasn't aged.
Tracer on 2cp feels immortal.
06/15/2017 01:56 PMPosted by IHirs
06/15/2017 01:55 PMPosted by Gitgut

Tracer can age.
but why no sag?

we wuz kings