Winstreak Glitch? Or do One Tricks just gain that much.

Competitive Discussion
So I know they made winstreaks harder to obtain, but I feel kinda cheated. Recently, I went on a massive win streak with my gf, in a duo queue. We won around 10 games in a row, and by the end, she was gaining about 50sr per game. I on the other hand, was only gaining a max of 28 per game.
I don't know what happened, maybe it was a glitch with the game not registering my winstreak, but it seemed kind of unfair. My girlfriend is what I'd call a one trick pony Mercy main. I on the other hand can flex pretty well. I feel like this might be the root of the problem. Take one example : The last game we played of our streak. It was oasis, and we won 3-1. I played Winston and went 41-10. She played mercy, and got 14k healing. I gained 21 sr, while she gained 50. The rank 1 Winston gets an average of 35 elims, and I get an average of 38. I'm not saying I should be top 500, but 21 sr for a really good game, and on a winstreak? There must be something going on.
On top of all of this, she is now somehow 68 sr above me. We started queuing together when I was 150 sr above her, and now she is above me when we played all of our games together. How is this?
A one trick streamer gained at average 28 Sr per win, he was on his 52nd straight win with 0 losses.

I don't think it's the one trick part that does it but something is absolutely wrong with the Sr gains here.
Game is broken. You get 10 wins in a row, I've had 10 losses in a row, and reading from the forums, it's like this all over the place. Sketchy amount of SR won, placements making no sense, they must have changed something really serious for this season to suck as hard as it has.
She's gaining more because she's performing better at the hero she is choosing, which isn't a surprise since it's all she plays. It's a good argument for being a one trick. You still perform well, even when you lose, so you lose less SR than if you played a hero you're not good with. The same is true for gains, you play better and get rewarded more if you're very familiar with a hero in all situations (more likely as a one trick).
Like Scraunched said, she gains more because she's playing better compared to other people who pick her hero, than you play compared to people who pick yours.
06/05/2017 08:19 PMPosted by Punkrawk
Like Scraunched said, she gains more because she's playing better compared to other people who pick her hero, than you play compared to people who pick yours.
then how do you explain my example when the person in question carried every match?

There must be some isolated deviations in the system that just doesn't make sense.
I get that she's a really good Mercy (Actually rank 409 if you go by Overbuff statistics, if those mean anything), but still, 21 sr for a 41 elimination Winston game? Are Winstons at high diamond just really good?
06/05/2017 07:23 PMPosted by Sasori
A one trick streamer gained at average 28 Sr per win, he was on his 52nd straight win with 0 losses.

I don't think it's the one trick part that does it but something is absolutely wrong with the Sr gains here.

I saw part of this stream too. He was smurfing, one tricking, and absolutely crushing games. I was very surprised when I saw the small amounts of SR he was gaining.
just_stevo was 51 and 0 with Sym on another account and was getting 19SR for a win, I think you need to go 100 games without a loss before you get a streak bonus.
06/05/2017 10:03 PMPosted by Quadstriker
06/05/2017 07:23 PMPosted by Sasori

I saw part of this stream too. He was smurfing, one tricking, and absolutely crushing games. I was very surprised when I saw the small amounts of SR he was gaining.

Why are you surprised? He's lucky to get what he's even getting now, and yes he loses more SR on a loss than he gains.

It's what people have been saying for ages, but the old streak system let GMs basically bypass straight to their rank - 1.

I suspect once he hits mid-Diamond his progress will crawl and be painful.
By any chance, were her games shortly after completing her placement matches?
She could still be riding the SR boost that comes after placement matches.
06/05/2017 10:26 PMPosted by Waz
By any chance, were her games shortly after completing her placement matches?
She could still be riding the SR boost that comes after placement matches.

No, she placed at about 2800, and we queued about 10 games after when she was at around 3k. I don't know how long it lasts, but before the streak she was gaining a normal amount.
41 elims might not mean a thing if they are not final blows. Winston can easily deal damage to enemies since the damage is quite a big area. I think there are more calculation at the back end to determine how you performed. Just looking at E/D might have oversimplified on how you performed.
06/05/2017 07:23 PMPosted by Scraunched
She's gaining more because she's performing better at the hero she is choosing, which isn't a surprise since it's all she plays. It's a good argument for being a one trick. You still perform well, even when you lose, so you lose less SR than if you played a hero you're not good with. The same is true for gains, you play better and get rewarded more if you're very familiar with a hero in all situations (more likely as a one trick).

I think this is right. Im maining Ana this season and im only losing anywhere from 6-18SR and if I win i win 30-60SR every time. Its gotten to the point that 1 win completely wipes out every 3-4 losses for me, and nets me a gain of SR. If i switch to other heroes, I lose way more SR than I gain from a win so i think ill just stick with ana since Im doing something right.
I've seen the same thing.
Got placed in Gold 2428.
after Placements I won 7 games and lost 3, shot up to 2696 gaining about 45 SR per win and losing about 13 SR per loss. Only playing Mercy, but I have to Point out, that I was performing really well, always had over 10k healing done and at least 7-10 Players rezzed per game.