First tattoo today, any tips?

General Discussion
Getting a Green Day inspired piece on my left forearm. Bit nervous, any tips for me?
06/09/2017 10:36 PMPosted by Curtard
Bit nervous, any tips for me?

Get tested for hepatitis afterwards.
Be sure to stretch before engaging in rigorous physical activity.
people like this are the reason gene pool needs lifeguards.
Be sure to keep your ink clean and that they clean their needles
The best tip I have is to not do it in the first place.
06/09/2017 10:37 PMPosted by GrahamRavity
Bit nervous, any tips for me?

Get tested for hepatitis afterwards.

No proper tattoo shop will be that careless. Seriously good shops could have surgery performed in their booths they're often that clean.

Anyway op. Is it something small? Smaller tattoos are better for first times.

Don't worry , it's gonna hurt. A lot. But the person inking you will probably wipe the area with a paper towel with something like soap on it and it feels like heaven.

For the first few days after , wrap the tattoo up in shrink wrap before you head off to bed. Helps with the healing process. When you wake up , take the wrap off and gently clean the tattooed area.

When you begin to heal if you itch really bad you gotta use non scented lotion. Not a lot. Just enough to dull that "Gotta scratch!" feeling.
thats how you get tinnitus
06/09/2017 10:42 PMPosted by Panic
Be sure to keep your ink clean and that they clean their needles

I was only trying to help :c
Oh right. Forgot. Once your tattoo starts shedding. Try to gently take a shaving razor and carefully go over the tattoo to get some of the loose skin to come off.

Good luck. You'll be okay
get a "NO RAGRETS" tat across your upper chest, shoulder level area while you're at it.
06/09/2017 10:51 PMPosted by SirRender
tinnitus is a hearing problem...
I keep remembering other stuff.

I'm sure the person doing your ink will point this out. Just be sure to clean the tattooed area once or twice a day. And don't use super fancy schmancy scented stuff.

Oh.

And you'll likely smack the tattooed area on EVERYTHING. It's a dumb curse with new ink
It doesn't hurt as bad as you think. It's a really annoying pain that only gets bad if you focus on it.

Make conversation with your artist when he gets to the tender areas (inside arm, close to bone, etc)

And follow the directions they give u for after care.

Follow them like religion.

I've seen people who didn't care for their tattoos properly during the healing phase and they look faded, blurry, and awful.

Oh, and you're gonna be super itchy for about a week after but you can't scratch.
06/09/2017 11:03 PMPosted by BigProf
It doesn't hurt as bad as you think. It's a really annoying pain that only gets bad if you focus on it.

Kinda like a sunburn for me. But it stops mostly the second the machine is lifted off me
Getting a Green Day inspired piece on my left forearm. Bit nervous, any tips for me?

Dont flail your arm around while the tattoo artist is working on it

Not sure you know what Tinnitus is

Getting it removed would cost thousands of dollars.

other than that make sure it's a clean needle and a trusted place.
06/09/2017 11:27 PMPosted by Curtard

Not sure you know what Tinnitus is

tinnitus is a hearing problem.... XD
Don't put a permanent mark on your body for a band that was past their prime almost 20 years ago.