Please Bring Back CTF!

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
When I logged in today I was really sad to see CTF was gone from the arcade menu.

I know a lot of people hate on CTF but there are some of us who actually love it and wish it'd be permanent. I like the casual, fun nature of it. I don't really play this game competitively and I don't want to, it's just too stressful for me personally. Sometimes even quickplay stresses me out. But CTF was a place where I could just have fun and blow things up, not to mention, the games are usually fast.

Really hope it comes back. :/
Same here, lately I've almost exclusively been playing CTF.
Shouldn't be impossible for them to have 6v6 elimination and CTF. I hate CTF but it shouldn't be removed.
I also enjoy CtF---I know it had it's issues, but I liked playing it a lot
Based on que times and developer feed back, it was a popular game mode.

It'll probably be back once they cycle around again - though I'm not sure why they don't just keep all the arcade modes active at once. Maybe something to do with server load?
Please bring CTF back.

I don't see why there can't be more that 5 game modes in the arcade.
06/14/2017 07:43 AMPosted by Armada
Same here, lately I've almost exclusively been playing CTF.
So have I. After seeing CTF was gone, I played some of the other game modes but wasn't having any fun, so I ended up just playing CSGO instead.

06/14/2017 07:45 AMPosted by AJb1205
Shouldn't be impossible for them to have 6v6 elimination and CTF. I hate CTF but it shouldn't be removed.
Thank you for this comment!

06/14/2017 07:47 AMPosted by Angelmgf
I also enjoy CtF---I know it had it's issues, but I liked playing it a lot
Yeah, it wasn't perfect but I enjoyed playing it so much.
They have a real annoying rotation of bull!@#$ instead of having all the modes available. It's not like they need to manage it due to player base. The player base is in the tens of millions.
06/14/2017 07:59 AMPosted by CultofZAL
They have a real annoying rotation of bull!@#$ instead of having all the modes available. It's not like they need to manage it due to player base. The player base is in the tens of millions.

This ^

Either they need to have all the modes available or be rotating through them very regularly like they did with the old weekly brawls.
Cause !@#$ can get boring sometimes and variety will keep people interested for longer.

I really miss the weekly brawls, I was always excited to see what was next.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really enjoyed this play mode! Hopefully they will bring it back soon!
06/14/2017 07:56 AMPosted by BobbyL2k
Please bring CTF back.

I don't see why there can't be more that 5 game modes in the arcade.
I wonder the same thing.

06/14/2017 07:52 AMPosted by Odinseye
Based on que times and developer feed back, it was a popular game mode.

It'll probably be back once they cycle around again - though I'm not sure why they don't just keep all the arcade modes active at once. Maybe something to do with server load?
Yeah, they might have cycled it out, which sucks because my desire to play Overwatch now has plummeted (and I only recently came back to the game after some time off). I agree though, why not just keep all modes active? It could be server load related, like you said, or perhaps they're tweaking the game mode to address some of the issues people have with it and took it off the rotation?
I'd like them to bring it back, but I'd also like them to not introduce a great game-mode with glaring issues and then just ignore them like the game mode doesn't exist.

There were some huge problems with CTF that made it not fun for me.
1 - Too many draws (draws are never fun)
2 - No chance to stop the flag once it's taken unless you have teammates at mid because people just spam mobile hero abilities (like recall with Tracer, translocate with Sombra, Winston ult and just jump across the map, etc) - Not sure if I want this changed or not
3 - Sabotaging is actually a problem. Some of the most frustrating games were the ones where there was someone on my team who just held the flag and refused to score it. There was also a game where we had the enemy flag in overtime and were up 2-0 and this guy was just chilling beside our base taunting the enemy team and refused to score it here too. If he had friends doing this with him, they could have kept the game going indefinitely it would seem. Make an overtime time limit of one minute
06/14/2017 08:25 AMPosted by Sk3wlbus
1 - Too many draws (draws are never fun)

If it was actually a good, intense game I don't care if we win or not. A lot of toxic behavior comes from people who don't care about playing a fun game and just want to win as quickly as possible.

So while less draws would be nice, I wouldn't want it to come at the cost of the more casual nature of CTF.

2 - No chance to stop the flag once it's taken unless you have teammates at mid because people just spam mobile hero abilities (like recall with Tracer, translocate with Sombra, Winston ult and just jump across the map, etc) - Not sure if I want this changed or not

While it would be nice to make it a little more fair, just grabbing the flag can already difficult enough if the teams are evenly matched.

3 - Sabotaging is actually a problem. Some of the most frustrating games were the ones where there was someone on my team who just held the flag and refused to score it. There was also a game where we had the enemy flag in overtime and were up 2-0 and this guy was just chilling beside our base taunting the enemy team and refused to score it here too. If he had friends doing this with him, they could have kept the game going indefinitely it would seem. Make an overtime time limit of one minute

Those people are trying to gain EXP by idling, it happens in custom games too not just in CTF. Blizzard considers that behavior abuse worthy of a ban, so you should definitely report such players.
If you support CTF, please help add reasons to keep it here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20755647668
I love CTF please please bring it back!
It was moved to PTR it seems, they're probably testing changes before adding it back most likely
06/14/2017 02:00 PMPosted by Rookie
It was moved to PTR it seems, they're probably testing changes before adding it back most likely
Oh really? I'm more hopeful for its return now, thanks for the info.
Please bring CTF back.
CTF will be back in the arcade soon.

Also (and it's still a ways off) but we are working on some improvements for CTF draws.
06/14/2017 06:36 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
CTF will be back in the arcade soon.

Also (and it's still a ways off) but we are working on some improvements for CTF draws.

Please tell me you're also at least considering adding flag drop on movement ability use.