AI Pharah

General Discussion
Can we have her now?
Its been a long time somehow..
I really need AI pharah so we can use her in custom game
So we can practice with her...
We would like to add her at some point. AI Pharah is probably one of the most challenging characters to create AI for.
Whoa there!

Jeff is quickly today!
06/15/2017 07:53 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We would like to add her at some point. AI Pharah is probably one of the most challenging characters to create AI for.

Yeah how do you make waypoints in the air Jeff? With her jetpack and cooldowns too.

Jeff Quickplan

I guess that's because she needs leading skills to hit with her rockets.

Let her spam shift and LMB.
This is the most realistic Pharah we can get.

Then at least maybe you could add within the training range jumping/flying bots with pseudo random trajectories to allow practising vertical aiming ? Although a flying Pharah AI would be better ofc.
This would be nice. She can often be hard to deal with in game so this would be a great practice tool

Probably would be OP as an AI. lolol.

I imagine the challenge would be that since she's an AI, she'd take advantage of her distance and just spam from across the maps. (smartest thing to do against her counters) Something that Pharahs already do, but with godlike computer accuracy.

Yeah I could definitely see the challenges for an AI that isn't actually flying, just boosters on a resource system. I can't even imagine how difficult it will be to get that in.

Hopefully eventually though, I would LOVE to practice my aim against a pharah when playing McCree.
He did mention that the AI system is rarely used, and that it isnt of their top importance but in the works. So, as much as i would like Pharah AI, i would love a Widow AI, to practice getting that tiny french headshot.

Create one that is as obnoxious as real pharahs. Spam corridors and when you least expect it, conc herself above you and 2 shot you.... Also make her come with a Mercy....like 50% of ranked games...
I have been hoping for an AI update for a long long time c:
Still it won't make Pharah less powerful.

Maybe people will be better by shooting her out of the air, but they'll put less practice into shooting ground targets, and they still have to focus the Pharah, causing them to mess up their LOS.
I'd say also one of the most useful heroes for people to practice their headshots against though.
I think the entire Ai of all the heroes need to be made smarter and closer to real players. Jumping, strafe dodging, using cover or simply standing still. These are options i want to turn on and off.

Is it possible to at least have a few flying bots in the training area that fly erratically? (Ones with smaller headshot hitboxes, preferably.)
I tend to warm up and practice a little in the training ground, but I can't really warm up properly if I can't do the actions I would do in an actual game. (like shooting Pharah as Widow/Hanzo)
maybe put a mercy with her at times so people can work on both.
06/15/2017 08:07 AMPosted by Sheldon

Probably would be OP as an AI. lolol.

I imagine the challenge would be that since she's an AI, she'd take advantage of her distance and just spam from across the maps. (smartest thing to do against her counters) Something that Pharahs already do, but with godlike computer accuracy.

Widows love dumb pharahs that spam from far away. All that easy dodging.