The truth about the force 50% winrate

Competitive Discussion
I used to play GW2 and during one season, devs wanted to change matchmaking: The matchmaker only groups ppl with similar odd of winning together vs a team with lesser odd of winning but similar. They wanted everyone who are "skilled" climb fast to the top.

So what happended next? At the end of the season, the tops players are only ppl who played 24h/24h.
From my experience, I won 90% of my matches and the only way to go to the top it's to play non stop day and night, and all the matches are boring (only few matches are close)
And for the ppl who are in the wrong side of the match making? They have like 40 losses streak.

I know how the force 50% win rate is frustating but trust me it's the best way to balance the game.
Can you tell us the truth about the moon landing too?
06/14/2017 07:26 AMPosted by Olo
I used to play GW2 and during one season, devs wanted to change matchmaking: The matchmaker only groups ppl with similar odd of winning together vs a team with lesser odd of winning but similar. They wanted everyone who are "skilled" climb fast to the top.

So what happended next? At the end of the season, the tops players are only ppl who played 24h/24h.
From my experience, I won 90% of my matches and the only way to go to the top it's to play non stop day and night, and all the matches are boring (only few matches are close)
And for the ppl who are in the wrong side of the match making? They have like 40 losses streak.

I know how the force 50% win rate is frustating but trust me it's the best way to balance the game.

They should at least be honest about it. Though they did eventually mention that they do this very vaguely.
Why it's called 50% winrate? Why not 50% loserate?
06/14/2017 07:47 AMPosted by Automagic
06/14/2017 07:26 AMPosted by Olo

They should at least be honest about it. Though they did eventually mention that they do this very vaguely.

No they didn't. They try to balance each match to make it as even as possible and close to a 50% chance to win for both teams as possible according to their current SR/MMR. That isn't forcing anything. That is trying to create balanced matchmaking.
06/14/2017 08:09 AMPosted by Roymachine
06/14/2017 07:47 AMPosted by Automagic

No they didn't. They try to balance each match to make it as even as possible and close to a 50% chance to win for both teams as possible according to their current SR/MMR. That isn't forcing anything. That is trying to create balanced matchmaking.

Then why do people get so many unwinable matches, 10+ losing streaks etc.?