Will Overwatch ever get local 2 player co-op?

General Discussion
I love everything about the game but it sucks that I'll never get to play with the people I want to. Online is just not as fun as playing together in person. I'd definitely pay extra for the chance to have local 2 player mode.
i have mix view on this on one hand it would be fun to play with a buddy to sit on the couch, or bed etc. And on the other hand wouldn't it be harder to play split screen online i know a few people that don't have trouble with it. But really i'm in the middle on this idea of local two player mode.
Hey venomsting88-

Local co-op would be really cool but it's not something we're working on right now. Getting great performance on the console for this mode would be a significant amount of effort. Also as Razer points out above, split screen really changes the experience of the game, and we'd have to iterate a lot on that to make it feel great.

Thanks for taking the time to post, sorry that it's not on our list currently, cheers!
06/16/2017 12:36 PMPosted by Bill Warnecke
Hey venomsting88-

Local co-op would be really cool but it's not something we're working on right now. Getting great performance on the console for this mode would be a significant amount of effort. Also as Razer points out above, split screen really changes the experience of the game, and we'd have to iterate a lot on that to make it feel great.

Thanks for taking the time to post, sorry that it's not on our list currently, cheers!

Hey Bill, was just curious what you just had for lunch
Plz i need this, as a part of a rarly large family i have to usualy swap round when i die, but with co-op this waoul be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!
Bump?