Dive needs proper counter play

General Discussion
With the incoming roadhog nerfs dive is going to be very difficult to run any sort of counter play. All the supposed counters (Mccree, Road, Ana) are either weak heroes or have been nerfed to the point where it is too difficult to warrant playing them when you could just counter-dive much easier. No one likes mirror comps and although the reaper buff may have some effect on the likes of winston I'd expect dive to stay for a very long time.

And you thought triple tank was bad.
At this point in time it's pretty much wait and see.
Wait to see that the reaper buffs will pretty much be negated by a decent dva being a DM bot.
Sombra is actually a great counter to dive.
been here all along
roadhog good againts dive?

not with a tracer.
06/20/2017 08:00 AMPosted by Gitgut

not with a tracer.

Because tracer doesnt have a counter and the mere thought of such a thing will get you banned.

Oh no...
06/20/2017 07:57 AMPosted by Steampunk360
Sombra is actually a great counter to dive.

Sombra mains like to wreck dive comps indeed.
Nah, try out this:

Orisa + Torbjorn and Zenyatta

Get an overwatch position on the high ground with Torbjorn's turret and place Orisa's shield in front of it. This way Torbjorn's turret can watch the battlefield without getting easily taken out by hitscans. The turret also protects Orisa which makes up with her lack of mobility against flankers.

Zenyatta is good because he can discord any flanker and that makes it suicidal to go on the point without coordinating to go after Orisa and the turret. This will usually require an ultimate or two in combination.

Not bad on payload defense or 2CP l. It's especially good on Route 66.
Sombra is a good anti-dive comb
06/20/2017 08:05 AMPosted by ReinStein
06/20/2017 08:00 AMPosted by Gitgut

not with a tracer.

Because tracer doesnt have a counter and the mere thought of such a thing will get you banned.

Oh no...

Sombra
Junkrat
soldier
zenyatta
Alot of suggestions regarding Sombra. You arent wrong, stripping people like tracer or genji of their abiliities is pretty good, but its a soft counter at best and good luck getting a hack off if winstons tickle gun is anywhere to be found.
Lets run down the list of supposed anti-flankers shall we?

McCree: No more needs to be said.

Mei: Only heroes she CANT shut down are flankers.

Symmetra sentry guns(???): Again, only heroes who can reliably escape the slow are flankers.

Torbjorn: Turret too squishy/low damage.

Winston: He enables dives more than he takes them out.
06/20/2017 08:09 AMPosted by Gitgut

Oh no...

Sombra
Junkrat
soldier
zenyatta

Maybe?
No
Ehhh... kinda
Hahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahah.
If they run:
Winston
Zarya
Mercy
Tracer
Zen
Pharah

Then the best you can do is to get
Zarya
Dva
Sombra
Mercy
Lucio
Tracer or reaper after the buff releases

And hope that there pharah isn't good
I've had luck as reaper against dive comps. All of the tanks but Zarya go down pretty quick, even the tracers/genjis can be dealt with provided you keep them close enough. Any time you get focused, wraith form out of there and heal up.

If you have a coordinated enough team bastion can keep most characters at a distance.

I'm not good enough to do it myself, but I've seen some torbs wreck dive comps. His turrets mean the pharas/tracers of the team can't zip around uncontested and his shotgun works wonders against most tanks.

Good luck OP.
06/20/2017 08:15 AMPosted by OldSoldier
If they run:
Winston
Zarya
Mercy
Tracer
Zen
Pharah

Then the best you can do is to get
Zarya
Dva
Sombra
Mercy
Lucio
Tracer or reaper after the buff releases

And hope that there pharah isn't good

So again it comes to who has the better dive comp. Just like who had the better triple tank back in the day.
It's still in the wait and see phase OP, chances are if it's as bad as people make it out to be well see incremental buffs for the defense heroes and Mccree. But I think Sombra, Reaper and Zenyatta are a good start to countering it. Leaves you a tank, a second healer and a wildcard.
06/20/2017 08:09 AMPosted by Gitgut

Oh no...

Sombra
Junkrat
soldier
zenyatta

Pro teams regularly run a full dive comp with every one of these characters except junkrat. And even then x6 gaming made junk work with half the team on dive. Unless you can vastly outplay your opponent dive and counterdive are simply too meta atm.