Is Widow's "Noir" skin ever going to be available?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
06/17/2017 10:36 PMPosted by Rawwberry
Widow's Noire skin is in the discussion for the worst legendary skin in the game. I don't get why people want it so much. I got Huntress in the first loot box I ever opened and never looked back.

Considering WIdowmaker's other launch legendaries are a weird cross-dressing petticoat thing and some kind of hooker at Mardi Gras, I'd say Noire looks pretty damn good by comparison.

Personally, I think Noire is a good skin even out of that context.
Umm, what?

First, google "Black Swan"

Her petticoat thing reminds me of a mix of a ringmaster, vampire hunter, and van hellsing.
Well, they might as well, since they will add the Genji Oni skin and Officer Dva skin after TWO promos of HoTS, while the first you needed 15 games for the Oni, then it went down to 5, and now it will be on lootboxes. I was kinda pissed about it at first but if they did that, it must be because there has been exposure to HoTS and are now rewarding players that for whatever reason did not get them when they had the chance. Talking Widow skin, I think it also served it's purpose (HECK, 30mil copies), so they might as well. It's not that good a skin anyway, and the golden widow gun does not go well with that skin (Huntress FTW).
06/17/2017 11:28 PMPosted by VWillS
Well, they might as well, since they will add the Genji Oni skin and Officer Dva skin after TWO promos of HoTS, while the first you needed 15 games for the Oni, then it went down to 5, and now it will be on lootboxes. I was kinda pissed about it at first but if they did that, it must be because there has been exposure to HoTS and are now rewarding players that for whatever reason did not get them when they had the chance. Talking Widow skin, I think it also served it's purpose (HECK, 30mil copies), so they might as well. It's not that good a skin anyway, and the golden widow gun does not go well with that skin (Huntress FTW).
The reason given with the Genji Oni and Officer D.Va skins was because HotS is a PC only game and some people on console don't have a PC capable of playing HotS. (Even though I don't agree with the decision) Completely different from the Widowmaker Noire preorder skin. Comparing apples to oranges.
06/17/2017 11:33 PMPosted by Zefiris
06/17/2017 11:28 PMPosted by VWillS
The reason given with the Genji Oni and Officer D.Va skins was because HotS is a PC only game and some people on console don't have a PC capable of playing HotS. (Even though I don't agree with the decision) Completely different from the Widowmaker Noire preorder skin. Comparing apples to oranges.
Well, I don't actually agree with the Oni and Officer Dva being on lootboxes either, but now that that WILL happen, it took the exclusivity out of those skins, so even though I don't like it, it seems only natural for the Widow skin to be integrated on lootboxes, but that's just me
You have to bait Jeff into posting something inappropriate. :D

too soon?
Sadly, I never redeemed my code after I got it
It's really annoying for me, since I first bought OW on PS4 (where I have the Noir skin) and then later switched to PC.

Despite the fact that on my PS4 version there was an option to link it to my profile to my Battlenet account, it didn't transfer any of my unlocked skins, my Noir skin, or the Origins Edition status of my PS4 version when I went to PC.

So I have the skin... on a version I don't play anymore, with no option to switch it over. What was the point of being able to link my PS4 copy to my Battlenet account?
i am going to be honest

i do not deserve the noir skin

i got a second hand copy of the game and some foolish person never even used the codes
06/17/2017 09:57 PMPosted by SgtPepper
It's been a year since we haven't got the chance to have the Widow's pre-purchase bonus skin. Since Blizzard added the D.VA police officer and Genji Oni to normal loot boxes, couldn't be Noir the next skin to be added?

No plans to bring this skin back. This was intended to be the Pre-Order bonus.
08/07/2017 05:50 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
It's been a year since we haven't got the chance to have the Widow's pre-purchase bonus skin. Since Blizzard added the D.VA police officer and Genji Oni to normal loot boxes, couldn't be Noir the next skin to be added?

:'(
Highly Rated

:^)

No option to even just sell it individually? Like "alright if you REALLY want it, pay an extra 10$ for it"?

=[

Gonna take this opportunity at the risk of downvotes, hearken back to my days behind the Gamestop counter, and say..

"Guess you should have pre-ordered.."
its a PRE-ORDER BONUS

its supposed to be available to PEOPLE WHO PREORDERED OVERWATCH

putting puzzle peices together isnt this hard
08/07/2017 05:54 PMPosted by YoYo

No option to even just sell it individually? Like "alright if you REALLY want it, pay an extra 10$ for it"?

The collectors edition is literally $10 more than the origins edition on amazon and they all have the code for it, just saying.
Seems like a reasonable answer - I'm amongst the ones who don't have this skin, and can shrug my shoulders at it not being available...sometimes a dev's just gotta stick to the rules they set and that's totally okay.
08/07/2017 05:56 PMPosted by Youko
08/07/2017 05:54 PMPosted by YoYo

The collectors edition is literally $10 more than the origins edition on amazon and they all have the code for it, just saying.

Up here in Canada it's 200+$