Overwatch should disable the new map in comp for a week

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
It's a brand new map and none of us know how to play it if it was released in comp it could be a mess trying to navigate through the halls and learning everything
IDK, the other maps haven't given us any trouble when they got released.
Didn't they do that with Oasis?
Well I dobout it will be that complex. Just need to know where healthpacks are and routes to points. it take like 2-3 games? Map feels really open and spacey so defenders could have harder time to ajust.
Seems sensible enough. I mean, it might have critical bugs/exploits that take time to be revealed.
I agree and disagree.
In a sense, you should have a time to get used to the map, but again, a week is too long imo. It's not a new hero, it's a map that everyone can use at the same time and get used to. So while it maybe shouldn't go in the rotation immediately, a week is too long.
They did it with Oasis, so they'll probably do it with Horizon, too.
Hey folks, Horizon Lunar Colony will be disabled in Competitive Play for the first week. Cheers!

edit: Apologies everyone but I was mistaken about Horizon Lunar Colony being disabled in Competitive Play during this week. We are considering this for future map releases but server tech for it isn't available right now. New heroes are disabled for the first week, and that was the source of my confusion.

So to be clear, Horizon Lunar Colony will be in the Competitive Play map rotation this week.
Highly Rated
06/19/2017 11:15 PMPosted by Bill Warnecke
Hey folks, Horizon Lunar Colony will be disabled in Competitive Play for the first week. Cheers!

That was quick.
06/19/2017 10:13 PMPosted by starcraft111
IDK, the other maps haven't given us any trouble when they got released.
Eichenwalde anyone?
Quick actions taken. Either way woulda worked IMO since some ppl play nothing but Comp anyways so not like they'll QP just to play it. Thx tho
understandable have a nice day

I love you.
06/19/2017 11:16 PMPosted by MrTaco

That was quick.

This thread was replicated from one several days ago by the same author and title.

Please don't change Roadhog. Thx
06/19/2017 11:18 PMPosted by Cortexx
understandable have a nice day

nice reference to cowbelly xD
Well, dang. That was easy

You guys work this late?

Goody. Doubt a whole week would be necesary since a map is a lot easier to learn than a hero but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Why?

Do you really think many people are switching from the one and only game mode called comp to "it's just QP" to get used to the map (if it appears at all due to random map selection)?

The only thing you do is delay the map for one week, there is no benefit.