Overwatch should disable the new map in comp for a week

General Discussion
Hate that crap, guess it will be a week before I play the new map. Not going to play crappy arcade or quickplay just to play the new map
Why not let the players try the map first themselves?
I just want to play the new map in 6 dps mode for a few hours, then head into comp.
What a waste of time, guess I'll have to wait a week to play the new map because Blizzard doesn't trust it's playerbase
[quote="207551578597"]
Noone will switch from comp just to check out the map and since comp is the ONLY serious game mode we are left with it is also the only mode where you can really learn how to play it.

Sorry to inform you, but you cannot speak in the name of thousands of players. I'm at high diamond/masters and I'll def check the new map before play it in comp. My 2 friends in plat will do the same.
how about you make players play 10 games on the map in like qp even thing can only play that map, and then you can use it in live , i hate haveeing to wait for a new map that is ready, like allways players wont play any diffrent on in now or in a week imo
06/19/2017 11:41 PMPosted by Bigfoot

Do you really think many people are switching from the one and only game mode called comp to "it's just QP" to get used to the map (if it appears at all due to random map selection)?

The only thing you do is delay the map for one week, there is no benefit.

This is what i think too. Useless action.

If u want to do something add arcade mode for 1 week with only the new map so people can learn it.
06/19/2017 11:15 PMPosted by Bill Warnecke
Hey folks, Horizon Lunar Colony will be disabled in Competitive Play for the first week. Cheers!

Can we get the patch right now?
06/19/2017 11:41 PMPosted by Bigfoot
Hey folks, Horizon Lunar Colony will be disabled in Competitive Play for the first week. Cheers!

Why?

Do you really think many people are switching from the one and only game mode called comp to "it's just QP" to get used to the map (if it appears at all

due to random map selection)?

The only thing you do is delay the map for one week, there is no benefit.

!@#$ bigfoot is so grumpy

Thank you!
06/20/2017 04:10 AMPosted by HappyFeet
06/20/2017 04:00 AMPosted by Apollo7

Too bad I only play competitive. So I will be just as confused just a week later
Sounds like a personal problem

It's everyone's personal problem they didn't try this in PTR.
It should drop live today.
I thought they also did that for the Oasis map. Or am I remembering incorrectly?
I can see how people get confused and why it will only be in qp apon release but if you play the ptr it makes it a lot easier to navigate the map.
I've updated my original post with this edit but I'm also posting it here so it shows up as a new message:

Apologies everyone but I was mistaken about Horizon Lunar Colony being disabled in Competitive Play during this week. We are considering this for future map releases but server tech for it isn't available right now. New heroes are disabled for the first week, and that was the source of my confusion.

So to be clear, Horizon Lunar Colony will be in the Competitive Play map rotation this week.
Delaying is a bad idea.

How many maps are in the game currently? At least a dozen? Not many people are going to play quickplay matches for less than a 1/12 chance of playing the new map.

When Eichenwalde was released, there was a Brawl that people could play the map 24/7. That's how it should be done now. Release it in comp, but let people play the Brawl if they want to gain experience on it before comp.

I swear it's getting delayed just because Blizzard makes such little content for this game that they have to streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch out everything (3+ week PTR's, 1 week bans for new heros and maps).

Edit: So second blue post says now that it's not banned for the 1st week. Yay. But if maps start getting banned in the future, I still think it's a bad idea.
06/20/2017 09:34 AMPosted by Bill Warnecke
I've updated my original post with this edit but I'm also posting it here so it shows up as a new message:

Apologies everyone but I was mistaken about Horizon Lunar Colony being disabled in Competitive Play during this week. We are considering this for future map releases but server tech for it isn't available right now. New heroes are disabled for the first week, and that was the source of my confusion.

So to be clear, Horizon Lunar Colony will be in the Competitive Play map rotation this week.
New heroes? Don't tell me that the hero changes won't be in competitive, that's all I play.
06/20/2017 09:38 AMPosted by Zaydar
06/20/2017 09:34 AMPosted by Bill Warnecke

New heroes? Don't tell me that the hero changes won't be in competitive, that's all I play.

no not hero changes NEW HEROES IN GENERAL
06/20/2017 09:45 AMPosted by singer
06/20/2017 09:38 AMPosted by Zaydar
...New heroes? Don't tell me that the hero changes won't be in competitive, that's all I play.

You're not reading, he said "New heroes are disabled for the first week", what does that mean?
06/20/2017 09:47 AMPosted by Zaydar

You're not reading, he said "New heroes are disabled for the first week", what does that mean?

Exactly what he said - Orisa was disabled for a while when it came to comp, and I imagine this will carry over to new hero additions...they tend to be very precise when discussing hero changes and additions, so if the post says 'New heros are disabled the first week', then it clearly only means new heros added to the roster and not just 'hero changes' from patches.

edit: Apologies everyone but I was mistaken about Horizon Lunar Colony being disabled in Competitive Play during this week. We are considering this for future map releases but server tech for it isn't available right now. New heroes are disabled for the first week, and that was the source of my confusion.

New hero confirmed!!!

Doomfist approaches ...
06/20/2017 09:47 AMPosted by Zaydar

1) Re-read his post
2) think to yourself how it's even remotely possible they would switch stats of heroes between gamemodes.
Glad to hear. Thanks.