Why do Mercy mains seem to have such skewed ranks in S4/S5?

Competitive Discussion
For some reason they all suddenly went up from plat-diamond (or sometimes even lower) to GM.
they suddenly "improved" after deciding it's time to one trick mercy
They most likely duo queued with someone and they can't drop out of GM because they win more SR then other characters
What people don't understand is that you can win games simply with a pick, because those picks by themselves have a higher skill floor. There should be no Sym mains below plat by virtue of how long a sym can keep up the shield gen because nobody goes to get it. There should be no torb main below diamond because the gun literally aims FOR you and nobody shoots at it.
well I'm not there :/ what am I doing wrong??
06/19/2017 07:25 AMPosted by Tortellini

Your main played hero is a skill based one (ana) please quit what you are doing, become a mercy one trick.
06/19/2017 07:30 AMPosted by Squishie
06/19/2017 07:25 AMPosted by Tortellini

Your main played hero is a skill based one (ana) please quit what you are doing, become a mercy one trick.

I Play Ana in QP, look at comp, This season I almost only Play Mercy. I only opt for other heroes if Mercy is taken.
06/19/2017 07:37 AMPosted by Tortellini
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I Play Ana in QP, look at comp, This season I almost only Play Mercy. I only opt for other heroes if Mercy is taken.

You are not getting carried by a DPS main, thats what you are doing wrong. Mercy's only climb with a good dps main to rely on.

E.g. My friend was a bronze Mercy last season, got carried by my Genji diamond friend. My mercy main is now in Plat because of this.

You are not getting carried by a DPS main, thats what you are doing wrong. Mercy's only climb with a good dps main to rely on.

E.g. My friend was a bronze Mercy last season, got carried by my Genji diamond friend. My mercy main is now in Plat because of this.

I do actually only Play with a DPS and a Tank main. We always 3-stack. I never soloQ... Also, my stats with Mercy are pretty good (compared to avrg Mercy on Overbuff), so idk.
I have a 58% win rate as Mercy and I've managed to climb from 2300 (placements) all the way up to 3200; I have my sights on Masters and I 100% believe I can do it!

I've been solo queuing 90% of my matches.. finally made some good DPS/tank friends to play with now I am unstoppable.
I'm a little salty because I have a Mercy friend that couldn't hit plat last season. We queued together this Season and I'd say I helped him to plat. But now, he's solo queuing as Mercy and actually winning, shot up 200 SR. Now he's higher rank..
I'm praying that he gets potatoes on his team.
My gosh, how sour the grapes are in this thread.