"Roadhog switch plz", "gg ez report hog"

General Discussion
Incoming in a few hours
I won't change from Roadhog and I will enjoy their salty kiddy tantrums :D
Maybe start a YouTube channel on it, it'll be fun.
His nerf was too harsh. I feel like he totally got butchered.
ahahahahahahahahaha your funny hog will be fine and if anything this will only encourage hog players to improve their shooting skills instead of relying on their hook so much.
06/20/2017 07:17 AMPosted by Sandity
ahahahahahahahahaha your funny hog will be fine and if anything this will only encourage hog players to improve their shooting skills instead of relying on their hook so much.

How? a full on meat shot cant even kill a widow now
yes, because good aim stops him from having a shorter range then winston
Truthfully he was very balanced before. His whole reason for being picked was that he can get a pick or two and change a match. Now he's garbage and I look forward to humiliating him more when I pick tracer
06/20/2017 07:17 AMPosted by Deventh

Is that supposed to be a pun?
I think I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Most people who are complaining about current Roadhog are low plat or even lower than that (i.e. these people:

)

Anyways, the nerf was too harsh. But Blizzard sometimes does quick changes from PTR to live version (I believe it's happened on two occasions that I remember), so the nerf may be reduced.
Give me one reason someone would tell roadhog to switch on illios or lijiang towers.
I, for one, support our new Tracer overlords.

Well, your new Tracer overlords. As I am one of your new Tracer overlords.
06/20/2017 07:21 AMPosted by AXIOS
I think I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Most people who are complaining about current Roadhog are low plat or even lower than that
And if I were GM or Top 500 you'd just counter with "oh you don't want your OP freelo opt Roadhog nerfed".

He sort of did. Roadhog is meant to be a tank, but his current incarnation is a tank combined with an assassin. He is so good at assassination that players were prominently flanking with him to get solo kills--a job that is supposed to be reserved for heroes like Tracer and Genji.

I believe that Blizzard's goal is to force Roadhog to be a tank and stay with some kind of team. If he is with his team, then his hook will continue to serve its purpose: a way to pull enemies to his team so that they can kill them. If he's not with his team, he will be punished by having less soloability.

This is essentially the same nerf that Dva received. Dva continues to be excellent when supporting a team. Now it's time for solo flanking assassin Roadhogs to play him correctly--or complain and whine.
06/20/2017 07:22 AMPosted by SirDerpz
Give me one reason someone would tell roadhog to switch on illios or lijiang towers.

"Tracer is literally just using you as an ult battery, and no one you hook is dying. Switch already, pleb."
06/20/2017 07:23 AMPosted by Berg

He sort of did. Roadhog is meant to be a tank, but his current incarnation is a tank combined with an assassin. He is so good at assassination that players were prominently flanking with him to get solo kills--a job that is supposed to be reserved for heroes like Tracer and Genji.

I believe that Blizzard's goal is to force Roadhog to be a tank and stay with some kind of team. If he is with his team, then his hook will continue to serve its purpose: a way to pull enemies to his team so that they can kill them. If he's not with his team, he will be punished by having less soloability.

This is essentially the same nerf that Dva received. Dva continues to be excellent when supporting a team. Now it's time for solo flanking assassin Roadhogs to play him correctly--or complain and whine.
He is NOT a tank.
A tank can shield and protect his team.
Just because he's in the tank category doesn't make him a tank.
06/20/2017 07:18 AMPosted by EpidemicPain

How? a full on meat shot cant even kill a widow now

The funny thing is hog players rely more on whether if someone will be oneshot in the first place. Not a single person can deny that many times even a tracer will randomly survive a shot to the face.
06/20/2017 07:23 AMPosted by Berg

ROADHOG ISN'T EVEN META

And certainly has never been meta on the level of pre-nerf D.Va.
06/20/2017 07:23 AMPosted by Bard
And if I were GM or Top 500 you'd just counter with "oh you don't want your OP freelo opt Roadhog nerfed".

Nah, I'd actually be paying attention that stuff. But positioning AND awareness is a thing. But tbh, I misread your comment. I thought you were saying you'll enjoy people's misery from the Roadhog nerf, not that you won't switch from Roadhog. The most complainers of Roadhog do come from the low plat and below (Roadhog is fine as it is currently in my opinion, with at most a slight nerf).
http://imgur.com/a/AcGEi

I bet people will still complain about hog...even after this nerf.
06/20/2017 07:24 AMPosted by ŎneWhoSighs
06/20/2017 07:22 AMPosted by SirDerpz

"Tracer is literally just using you as an ult battery, and no one you hook is dying. Switch already, pleb."

Well i mean it wasnt used as an excuse before, and this nerf isnt changing his ult battery status, plus of you really think tracer isn't still gonna be 1 shot then your crazy, not with 150hp and a headshot.