Mercy One tricks in GM

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Highly Rated
are no better than hanzo bronze players. Taimou said that himself, and seagull also acknowledged this himself.
mercy one tricks abuse the SR system and refuse to switch because mercy doesnt translate well into other heroes like Ana does.

Remove performance based sr gains, its a team game. mercy one tricks RUIN this game and pros even acknowledge it
06/24/2017 11:04 PMPosted by soMbŖāMāiñ
mercy one tricks abuse the SR system and refuse to switch because mercy doesnt translate well into other heroes like Ana does.
Sadly this is true regarding one-trick players, not just Mercys.

But it becomes severe when it's a Mercy one-trick. At least with someone like Soldier, the player can also play McCree, Bastion or Tracer. I don't see other Heroes a one-trick Mercy can play.

But I don't condone the first paragraph though, I don't believe that statement
lol Nattybrah is a troll, I see where you're coming from though. Im only in plat but I've been on teams where two people who were in silver last season main and only play mercy. One trick mercy's ruin the game
06/24/2017 11:12 PMPosted by Fmcree
lol Nattybrah is a troll, I see where you're coming from though. Im only in plat but I've been on teams where two people who were in silver last season main and only play mercy. One trick mercy's ruin the game
lol I don't see how nattybrah is a troll. What does it matter if someone was in silver in another season? The player is clearly as good as if they're matched with you.
In all seriousness, and not to challenge the "Mercy memes" (because people that believe them, aren't using their brains in the first place. So are unlikely to use them in consideration of the following)...

But how does having a player on MY team that WANTS to play a healer (in this case, Mercy)... "ruin" MY game?

For the love of all gods, most games are chock-full of dummies insta-locking them DPS characters to the tune of 4 or sometimes 5.
06/24/2017 11:27 PMPosted by ĀĔŜŦĤĖŦĬĊ
06/24/2017 11:12 PMPosted by Fmcree
lol I don't see how nattybrah is a troll. What does it matter if someone was in silver in another season? The player is clearly as good as if they're matched with you.

if you play mercy and resurrect as many people as you can (averaging around 8-9 people resurrected per game) you will gain around 26-35 SR when you win and lose 15-23 when you lose. You could literally have a 50-50 win loss with mercy and still climb up the ranks.

I'm not saying they aren't good if they went up in rank but if they ONLY play mercy then there will be a problem
I one trick Orisa but I can play most tanks and some DPS. Used to be a support main. It's not one tricking that ruins the game, it's one tricking Mercy/Symmetra. You can get into the top brackets but if you aren't on that character you're a liability for your team.

I think one tricking and being completely incapable of playing anything else should be a reportable offense, because these people are A ruining matchmaking and B gaming the system, something blizzard frowns upon.
It's not the fact that you get a Mercy on your team. It's the fact that at high level like GM, there are waaay too many Mercy one trick ponys to the point you'll get more than 1 or 2 in your game.

Mercy's skill doesn't flow into other heroes like Ana does (a character that requires aiming. This guy can play Hitscan if multiple Ana mains shoe up on my team)

This is the biggest issues right now as it ruins alot of ladder games and bumps up players where they shouldn't be. Season 3 Platnium Mercy mains are Top 500 in Season 4? There is definitely something wrong and needs to be fixed about Mercy.
06/24/2017 11:41 PMPosted by Balsty
I one trick Orisa but I can play most tanks and some DPS. Used to be a support main. It's not one tricking that ruins the game, it's one tricking Mercy/Symmetra. You can get into the top brackets but if you aren't on that character you're a liability for your team.

I think one tricking and being completely incapable of playing anything else should be a reportable offense, because these people are A ruining matchmaking and B gaming the system, something blizzard frowns upon.

How are they "ruining matchmaking"??

A guy that plays Sym only and got to <insert SR here> is probably dam good at Sym. Or whatever OTPlayer is choosing.

The REAL issue is that some players think they should be able to tell other players what to play. And get upset that they can't force their opinion on them. Just call it what it is: a temper tantrum.

If there is ANY reason matches get "ruined" it's because these players decide to ruin it themselves with a temper tantrum and picking a throw. Then try to lay it on the Sym or Mercy. It's ridiculous.
06/24/2017 11:32 PMPosted by Weebkilla
In all seriousness, and not to challenge the "Mercy memes" (because people that believe them, aren't using their brains in the first place. So are unlikely to use them in consideration of the following)...

But how does having a player on MY team that WANTS to play a healer (in this case, Mercy)... "ruin" MY game?

For the love of all gods, most games are chock-full of dummies insta-locking them DPS characters to the tune of 4 or sometimes 5.
Yeah. It's awesome to have so nice pick rate on support. In League of Legends you autofilled on support role in some matches or someone autofilled to support. And this autofilled support just terrible in most situations.
Oh, it's the guy who spam threads bashing Mercy 24/7 again.

when you get 2-5 mercy one tricks in your game
06/24/2017 11:04 PMPosted by soMbŖāMāiñ
Remove performance based sr gains, its a team game. mercy one tricks RUIN this game and pros even acknowledge it
Measuring performance isn't the problem in itself, it's not a bad concept, but the thing is... it's measuring all the wrong stats and doesn't calculate with a lot of relevant data.

Having collective SR gain/loss on win/loss would encourage team play, not solo play and medal farming. This is why the Koreans are the best atm (and best in general), they understand OW is a TEAM game, not who's got the biggest e-peen.
Most of the western overwatch players are ignorant, selfish, aggressive DPS instalockers, who more often that sometimes do nothing, and they blame their team for being sh*t.

Now, why does such ignorant people get so mad when somone actually bother to heal them, time after time, endlessely receiving harassement from salty Genji mains who makes mistakes and blames it on the healers? Do you hate having someone who takes that role you're "too good of a player" to bother doing? Why do you hate the people who time and time again takes one for the team by never getting a piece of the "fun" (this is subjective, some people like playing healer) that is playing DPS and getting the ebin killstreaks?

OP, you seem like the kind of guy who saws off the branch you're sitting on. I gladly would like an increase of Mercy mains because at least that would not leave me solo-healing all the time for all eternity, and maybe grant me some relief of that endless healing-job I was forced into because of angry teenager DPS mains (all DPS mains seems to act like angry teenagers at least on the EU servers).

because mercy isnt good in every situation and it becomes a big issue when there are two or more of them on your team.

Other one tricks can flex off to something else because skills tend to transfer but with mercy mains they generally cant because mercy doesnt use the same skill set as basically any other hero. That's why mercy mains get so much hate, that and the fact that the buffs she has gotten just make her more annoying and res is very un-fun to play against

06/25/2017 12:12 AMPosted by Haba
Most of the western overwatch players are ignorant, selfish, aggressive DPS instalockers, who more often that sometimes do nothing, and they blame their team for being sh*t.

I mean, Mercy isnt really played as much on the KR servers at higher SR since they take the ladder so much more seriously. Part of why a lot of streamers are playing on the KR servers lately,
Not a high level player so Mercy OTPs don't really affect my game, but I understand how it can suck for high level players.

At high rank the problem isn't getting a Mercy OTP...it's when you get two, which means you are gonna have a Mercy Main on your team, and an awful dps/tank Mercy Main BTW on your team.
somebody explain this rising one-trick meme to me and other people.
06/24/2017 11:49 PMPosted by Mercy
Oh, it's the guy who spam threads bashing Mercy 24/7 again.

Why do I get the feeling this is an alt account made by someone who's scared of being downvoted, but feels the need to post this stuff. Literally all he does is post this sort of stuff, that can't really be his only reason for coming onto here, right?

Anyways, if he can explain why streamers say these things, I might actually think he's clever enough to come up with an actual argument. Right now, all I'm seeing is a twitch parrot who takes people's salty opinions and outbursts as gospel.
Wanna know what's funny though?

OP is in mid plat and not even GM.