Give Rez more risk?

General Discussion
06/23/2017 07:24 AMPosted by VitamiX
In my games, 3 man rezzes are quite common, 4 less so, 5 rarer still yes.

According to your stats, you could get a max of two 3-man resses per game on average, and that would leave you with less than 1 ress total the rest of the game. So no, 3 man resses are not 'quite common' for you unless all you do is score a pair of them each game and essentially no more after that. The stats don't lie.

Your stats show you get, on average, a few 2-person resses per game and nothing more. That is the reality of now resurrections typically go, not this fantasy these forum goers like to create.
I play a lot of Mercy and I honestly hate the new rez play style. "Mercy go hide and wait to rez". Great, more bunny hopping around getting no action.

I love the chaos of team fights and trying to avoid using rez at all. But if I do that and die laaaawwwwdy my team will get so salty.

I would like to see some sort of charge up like rez targets have to be in your range for 2-3 seconds before you can rez them. Then the enemy team actually has a chance to kill Mercy. Bonus, Mercy is actually more engaging to play!
06/23/2017 06:48 AMPosted by Erras

I hate this statement. It is factually untrue. DPS ults can kill 6. Mercy's ult can only raise 5 at best. You could quibble over how much this distinction matters, but facts are facts.

The bigger issue is it makes it seems like you frequently get higher value out of it than a standard DPS ult, but that's not true. A fairly normal DPS ult gets 2-3 picks (either directly or indirectly), which is the similar to most Mercy resses.

Also, the argument also tends to ignore that to even use the res, you have to have people on your team dead. To get good value out of it, many people have to be dead. That is a huuuuge risk all on its own.

To many people like to pretend a standard fight goes down, you 'wipe' a team, and then the Mercy comes out of no where to res the entire team every team fight. That is not reality and rarely happens, but you all like to pretend its the standard use of the ult.
The problem is it's hard to get 6 kills with an ultimate, it's much easier for Mercy to resurrect 5 players because she has to just be around. It's simple for her to go hide when they start pushing so she can wait out the ultimates and resurrect everyone.

I understand that before it was too risky to use but now it isn't very risky at all unless you rez at all the wrong times. It definitely requires some risk but compared to every ultimate in the game it requires too little.
It's also hard to have 5 teammates dead at the same time, on the same zone, and not being stopped by any way flying on their corpse.

The hardest thing is it doesn't depend on Mercy but on her team, on contrary of DPS that only depends on themself.
06/23/2017 07:32 AMPosted by Erras
According to your stats, you could get a max of two 3-man resses per game on average, and that would leave you with less than 1 ress total the rest of the game. So no, 3 man resses are not 'quite common' for you unless all you do is score a pair of them each game and essentially no more after that. The stats don't lie.

Your stats show you get, on average, a few 2-person resses per game and nothing more.

Oh I'm not talking about solely my own performance.

I'm talking about in my games in general, whether it's me, someone else on my team playing Mercy, or an enemy Mercy.
06/23/2017 07:37 AMPosted by VitamiX
Oh I'm not talking about solely my own performance.

I'm talking about in my games in general, whether it's me, someone else on my team playing Mercy, or an enemy Mercy.

Okay, lets ignore you or I personally. The stats show that Mercy, on average in competitive, gets 7.23 resurrections per game, which still throws into contention that 3+ resses are, in fact, not "quite common". No... no they aren't. Stats don't lie.
Require LoS to her teammates to be able to Rez them.
06/23/2017 07:46 AMPosted by WildPants

And what buff will you give to compensate for this incredibly crippling nerf?
For the people comparing Mercy's ult to Lucios and so on, the difference is Mercy is the only one alive at that moment in time therefore all eyes are on her, whereas Lucio is avoiding the teammates getting killed, enemy eyes can be everywhere.

So having a similar wind-up animation might not be the best of ideas, since she will get focused down before the animation finishes, I assume.

Just throwing it out there so people are aware of what they are trying to compare.
06/23/2017 07:46 AMPosted by WildPants
No, that's not a fix we're looking for.
Why not reduce the damage she takes by 30% during Rez? Instead of full invulnerability.
06/23/2017 07:00 AMPosted by VitamiX
06/23/2017 06:58 AMPosted by Lavayar
that won't help with current situation about rez at last cp

The biggest issues with this I find are the maps that allow rezzing from within the spawn room. Anubis and Gibraltar are the two main culprits here.

That shouldn't even be a thing.

I agree with this. As a mercy player even I hate that mercy can wait in the spawn and rez.
06/23/2017 07:51 AMPosted by hellobg
Why not reduce the damage she takes by 30% during Rez? Instead of full invulnerability.

Would result in a dead Mercy most of the time.
06/23/2017 07:51 AMPosted by hellobg

That might not be the worst of ideas, but I would say make the damage reduction probably 50% , taking in account all enemies will be shooting at her at that point in time.
06/23/2017 06:34 AMPosted by Kryptsm
The Invulnerability is already only 1 second I believe. Lowering it would not make THAT much of a difference. Willing to try, though
Ya know 1second is actually 2 seconds if you think about it
before the buff, mercy dies on nearly every greater teamrez.
now the forum comes with 'make it more risk'.
McCree can lock and start his deadeye charge when enemies are immobile from rez....this means when they are free to move Deadeye has already had close to 2 second charge....means dead team
It's good that she's invulnerable during rez, and it should stay that way. What she has always needed is a windup time so that you can actually kill her before she rezzes.
06/23/2017 06:36 AMPosted by VitamiX
Maybe a "hold Q (or ult key) for 0.5s - 1.0s to rez" or something?

Not saying I'd agree with such a change, but it might make it a little bit more risky to use

It's crazy how she can fly in out of nowhere after a team wipe and rez all 4-5 teammates, without getting killed as she's flying in.

She is incredibly susceptible to stun. Now granted you have no idea where she's coming from so that make it more difficult.
MERCY NOW TAKES 33% MORE DAMAGE WHILE FLYING.

End of Pharmercy / "SHE'S FLYING IN KILL HER OMFG 5MAN RES".
Mercy already has a 1 second cast time to her ult during which she can be killed with no refund, whatsoever. But why allow her to rez in the first place? You can easily kill her on the way.

For people who mentioned her Angelic Descent, keep in mind that she moves slow when using it, making her an easy target.

For people who mentioned her heal rate, keep in mind that she has little survivability, whilst being the Highest Value Target in any game.