Impossible to rank up SOLO Q.Losing interest in playing.

General Discussion
SO guys i keep getting people say to me just get good and all this stuff like im bad player and blah blah blah .My other account is in gold and over the weeks it has dropped almost 600 SR and i have to say i earned my way up to gold i didnt just get placed in there i went from bronze to gold myself but what im realising .

Is season 5 is just full of throwers,Ragers,Toxic people and leavers or people who are just bad .As a Orisa main on my gold account i have realised that probably the only way for me to carry would to play soldier or another OP Dps character and even then after getting 60-73 gold elims i still was struggling to carry my team to the win .Why is there so many bad players in gold i thought they would at least have some common sense .

And if i play orisa in solo Q forget it its almost impossible to carry after the nerf they gave her half the time i feel like im shooting pillows at the team with her gun.So i guess this is why i have kinda lost interest in the game because i know the only possible way for me to rank up is play some stupid dps character that i dont want to play and then rank .

The other day i was playing in masters as orisa and soldier and holding my own winning 5 out of the 6 games i played .Now that is saying something.That in most cases bad players are keeping other players down or keeping them from thier rightful rank .

I really wish there was some way for blizzard to fix this because my friend was sitting right next to me telling me this is why people quit overwatch because they get stuck in a low league and other people drag them down .My friend got into masters player soldier now he plays DVa and the teams just help each other .Im starting to think the only way for me to rank up is try and carry with a boring character like soldier .
I definitely feel you at this point I only touch comp if I'm with friends unfortunately this season is kinda a wash for me though most of my friends are too high on the rank ladder for me to group with them usually forcing me to solo Q or just play QP so i haven't been comping much this season
06/29/2017 08:18 AMPosted by Zyn96
I definitely feel you at this point I only touch comp if I'm with friends unfortunately this season is kinda a wash for me though most of my friends are too high on the rank ladder for me to group with them usually forcing me to solo Q or just play QP so i haven't been comping much this season

Its so stupid hey most the people ranking up are just Dps players or soldier players .I was playing in masters and destroying yet i cant get out of gold lol.Its so stupid man .My friend has always told me i belong in master because of my play but the only way to get there is get a good team or you just dont rank up .
Plenty of bad players in soloq platinum too. High plat/diamond is where there's a real consistent difference with randoms.

And because there's no real rank reset from season to season good players can be stuck in crappy games - it's perfectly understandable if they stop playing rather than endure the massively frustrating !@#$ storm of games you have to go through reach higher quality games.

I wouldn't mind staying in gold if so many of the games weren't so much low quality bs.

And you can sink instead, I've had days when I have won 80% of games and others where I lose 80% of games and it is totally dependent on luck of the draw. I can carry in Rocket League, I can carry in Awesomenauts - both 3vs3 - but unless the teams are pretty equal you can't carry 6vs6 - and far too often we will be thrown into a group of throwers, bad players, trolls, Hanzo instalocks, and the other team just need to play basically normal in order to win.

Blizzard have to accept their responsibilities and

- explicitly teach the playerbase what a team game is

- give us in-game looking for group
I ranked up with solo queue, therefor it is not impossible.

/thread
06/29/2017 08:52 AMPosted by Erras

/thread

Your a mercy main though and mercy players actually gain more SR from playing the character.

/thread

Oh you again, no-one said that it isn't possible. Try to keep up rather than spamming the same kind of thing in every thread. Things aren't binary.
Not impossible. Went from silver to diamond in one season, solo queue. It was quite easy, you just tell people what they should play and how to play it. Works wonders. Then again, if you do not know how each character works and you do not know how to lead, you will be stuck.
06/29/2017 08:48 AMPosted by Antiquary
Plenty of bad players in soloq platinum too. High plat/diamond is where there's a real consistent difference with randoms.

And because there's no real rank reset from season to season good players can be stuck in crappy games - it's perfectly understandable if they stop playing rather than endure the massively frustrating !@#$ storm of games you have to go through reach higher quality games.

I wouldn't mind staying in gold if so many of the games weren't so much low quality bs.

And you can sink instead, I've had days when I have won 80% of games and others where I lose 80% of games and it is totally dependent on luck of the draw. I can carry in Rocket League, I can carry in Awesomenauts - both 3vs3 - but unless the teams are pretty equal you can't carry 6vs6 - and far too often we will be thrown into a group of throwers, bad players, trolls, Hanzo instalocks, and the other team just need to play basically normal in order to win.

Blizzard have to accept their responsibilities and

- explicitly teach the playerbase what a team game is

- give us in-game looking for group

Yeh its so stupid man i had one guy rage at me on my youtube channel saying i was bad and everything else yet he was a symettra main .There is a big differance between dps mains ranking up and tanks thats for sure .
06/29/2017 08:57 AMPosted by Antiquary
Oh you again, no-one said that it isn't possible.

And I quote:
Impossible to rank up SOLO Q

Try to keep up, cupcake.
06/29/2017 08:57 AMPosted by TROLLTORB

/thread

Your a mercy main though and mercy players actually gain more SR from playing the character.
a bad mercy will lose sr faster than they gain.
I'm officially done with this season because the amount of negativity in competitive is just insane. I duo queue and it's really hard to rank up in platinum even when I play with a friend. The amount of sour players and throwers is just completely absurd this season. It was pretty much the same in season four and I stuck it out and was finally able to get to diamond in the last few weeks but I really just don't have the patience to do it again.
06/29/2017 09:01 AMPosted by Arcavian
06/29/2017 08:57 AMPosted by TROLLTORB

a bad mercy will lose sr faster than they gain.

Mercy is one of the most popular characters to rank up because its easy to heal and stay behind the team and she gains the most SR out of all characters played in game hence why masters is full of mercy mains and people dont like it .This is Troll torbs friend speaking .
06/29/2017 08:57 AMPosted by Antiquary
Oh you again, no-one said that it isn't possible.

And I quote:
Impossible to rank up SOLO Q

Try to keep up, cupcake.

Haha, we can read and see for ourselves that you edited out the word almost.

You must be desperate about something to fake so obviously. I make allowances for clickbait titles. Read the guy's post and stop replying to just titles to keep your post count rising for the sake of it.
It not impossible, you just keep doing it, work at it, I always solo Q, and it fine. Remember it just a game, stop worry about your rank, and just have fun playing.
06/29/2017 09:03 AMPosted by TJgalon
It not impossible, you just keep doing it, work at it, I always solo Q, and it fine. Remember it just a game, stop worry about your rank, and just have fun playing.

How can you have fun with such a toxic community that throws in a instant or wont pick the units needed to win .Hanzo/Genji and tracer mains ruin this game .
Cause, it just a game, so i do not let it bother me. I been playing games for over 30 years now, and i learn to work with or around other people too.They want to pick hanzo or genji or what ever, who cares, there no bad hero choices, and i'm happy to play healer or tank if other do not.
06/29/2017 09:05 AMPosted by TROLLTORB
06/29/2017 09:03 AMPosted by TJgalon

How can you have fun with such a toxic community that throws in a instant or wont pick the units needed to win .Hanzo/Genji and tracer mains ruin this game .

Let alone the fact that when you lose the rest of team just yells and blames everyone else on the team. I got yelled at by a dude last week for just simply telling him he needs to chill out because he was constantly complaining the entire match. If you're that grumpy in every single match, you need to learn to chill out or play a different game.
You know... Last season I was placed in Silver, because I failed my matches in S3. My friend was placed in Platinum and I couldn't play with him without having awful matchmaking so I was kinda forced to SoloQ. And I made it: I was playing mostly Zenyatta then and I climbed from about 1850 SR to over 2500 SR and to the Platinum.

So it is possible. But I feel you, I don't believe in that in S3.