Impossible to rank up SOLO Q.Losing interest in playing.

General Discussion
06/29/2017 09:03 AMPosted by Antiquary
Haha, we can read and see for ourselves that you edited out the word almost.

No I didn't. Stop lying. I edited out irrelevant parts. Here is the full quote for you:

You must be desperate about something to fake so obviously.

Says the person directly lying right now. Grow up. Its shameful.

Read the guy's post and stop replying to just titles to keep your post count rising for the sake of it.

No. He's a troll on ignore. I just came in here to prove an obviously wrong thread wrong.
06/29/2017 08:57 AMPosted by Arcavian
Not impossible. Went from silver to diamond in one season, solo queue. It was quite easy, you just tell people what they should play and how to play it. Works wonders. Then again, if you do not know how each character works and you do not know how to lead, you will be stuck.

Yeah but whenever you do that they always comeback with some dumb remark like "I bought the game, I can play whoever I want too." Or "No but I want to play [insert name of hero here]." They also get kind of salty because they feel like you are bossing them around.
i see that your name is literally "trolltorb" but i still gotta question if you are trolling or not. your stats show you as a 896 sr bronze torb main. i have to seriously doubt you could ever hold your own in a game full of masters and i have to doubt every single thing you have said. i believe in elo hell but in your case, you are just a bad player.
Well just lost another game because someone wouldnt get off widow .I dont know why i bother with this crap .
Erras, my point is read the post instead, you still obviously haven't and are not a moderator. Trolltorb set out his position and it is far more reasonable than the title and far more reasoned than your many pseudo policeman posts.

If you have nothing to add then don't.
06/29/2017 09:13 AMPosted by SwingThing
06/29/2017 08:57 AMPosted by Arcavian
Not impossible. Went from silver to diamond in one season, solo queue. It was quite easy, you just tell people what they should play and how to play it. Works wonders. Then again, if you do not know how each character works and you do not know how to lead, you will be stuck.

Yeah but whenever you do that they always comeback with some dumb remark like "I bought the game, I can play whoever I want too." Or "No but I want to play [insert name of hero here]." They also get kind of salty because they feel like you are bossing them around.

Egzactly season 5 is a mess with people who wont change no matter what i just lost a game because we had a widow who wouldnt change to they just dived us and we lost .Its not a matter of just playing or i would of been master ages ago .
06/29/2017 09:14 AMPosted by Guvnuh
i see that your name is literally "trolltorb" but i still gotta question if you are trolling or not. your stats show you as a 896 sr bronze torb main. i have to seriously doubt you could ever hold your own in a game full of masters and i have to doubt every single thing you have said. i believe in elo hell but in your case, you are just a bad player.

I just stated i have 2 accounts why do i need to repeat myself over and over again with this community .
Haha, we can read and see for ourselves that you edited out the word almost.

No I didn't. Stop lying. I edited out irrelevant parts. Here is the full quote for you:

You must be desperate about something to fake so obviously.

Says the person directly lying right now. Grow up. Its shameful.

Read the guy's post and stop replying to just titles to keep your post count rising for the sake of it.

No. He's a troll on ignore. I just came in here to prove an obviously wrong thread wrong.

Hes not a troll for stating facts you play mercy who gains the highest SR for a win thats why master is full of mercy mains .
06/29/2017 09:24 AMPosted by Antiquary
Erras, my point is read the post instead, you still obviously haven't

And I'm not going to read the ramblings of a troll (its literally even in his name). He's on ignore for a reason.

The topic is objectively, factually incorrect. I'm pointing that out. That is adding something.
06/29/2017 09:28 AMPosted by Erras
Erras, my point is read the post instead, you still obviously haven't

And I'm not going to read the ramblings of a troll (its literally even in his name). He's on ignore for a reason.

The topic is objectively, factually incorrect. I'm pointing that out. That is adding something.

The only person who is a troll here is you .like instead of taking in facts you ignore people why even bother commenting .
I've made it up to 4250 this season SoloQ, after placing plat last season. It isn't really "impossible," but, it does really suck and it is just a coin flip basically. At my rank anyways you can tell from the start if you'll win or lose based on who is in your team, cause you just end up knowing everyone.

Playing with friends certainly makes it better, but it would have to be with friends that are also good and actually deserve to climb, and not ones that have already reached their peak, as they will eventually drag you down again once you climb a bit.
I didn't read all the replies because it just looked like people with way too high of egos for this game but with that said.

I noticed you prefer to play torb. I'm not trying to be blunt but don't play him. People see that pick and 9/10 times, you're automatically throwing without the game even starting yet. Once somebody tilts, game over. It requires too much teamwork and at that sr, that's nonexistent. It sucks but it's just the way it is. Play a hero like pharah or even learn mercy if you see a lot of pharahs in your games. As those two heroes together, you can carry quite easily at that sr.

You can rank up via solo queue. I've done it the past two seasons as a Lucio main. It is tougher, yes. It is possible, though.
That's how this game works. People think Masters/Diamonds are so much better. They're not. There are a lot of gold/plat players that could dominate in Masters. Just the "luck of the draw" on who makes it.

The thing is in OW, it's VERY HARD to Carry. And if you are a tank main, you WILL NOT carry.
06/29/2017 09:37 AMPosted by Dakota
I didn't read all the replies because it just looked like people with way too high of egos for this game but with that said.

I noticed you prefer to play torb. I'm not trying to be blunt but don't play him. People see that pick and 9/10 times, you're automatically throwing without the game even starting yet. Once somebody tilts, game over. It requires too much teamwork and at that sr, that's nonexistent. It sucks but it's just the way it is. Play a hero like pharah or even learn mercy if you see a lot of pharahs in your games. As those two heroes together, you can carry quite easily at that sr.

You can rank up via solo queue. I've done it the past two seasons as a Lucio main. It is tougher, yes. It is possible, though.

I have a 60% winrate with torb on my other account in most cases i get 3 golds every game but yeh the players are so bad in gold i just cant carry them .
06/29/2017 09:40 AMPosted by Kratos
That's how this game works. People think Masters/Diamonds are so much better. They're not. There are a lot of gold/plat players that could dominate in Masters. Just the "luck of the draw" on who makes it.

The thing is in OW, it's VERY HARD to Carry. And if you are a tank main, you WILL NOT carry.

So are you saying i have to play a Dps just to rank up ?.Because i was holding my own in masters as orisa but im guessing its because players actually work as a team in masters.
06/29/2017 10:00 AMPosted by TROLLTORB
06/29/2017 09:40 AMPosted by Kratos

So are you saying i have to play a Dps just to rank up ?.Because i was holding my own in masters as orisa but im guessing its because players actually work as a team in masters.

Yes and no, tanks can not rank up easily. They can not carry. I'm a tank main, a monster one at that, so I know this. You can be a Master player stuck in Platinum because you're a tank main. Trust me.....I know.

Are there tank mains who climbed to GM solo......yes. But they had some great DPS along the way to help them get there.
This season has been pretty good for me, I climbed back to plat after placing in silver. But there are definitely some nights where almost every match has a leaver on one of the teams. Which, yay when it's the other team but frustrating as hell when it's your team.

I also can't say whether I've done most of my climbing as solo or with friends. I split my time pretty evenly. Only time I know for sure I'm gonna lose a lot is if I'm in a 6-man.
Well, masters/diamond are a lot better than many gold players, just not all gold players, as there are clearly good players stuck there. Even people trying to argue that we are wrong because you can climb out of gold (of course you can, equally you can be stuck - your title does not help Torb) must admit that gold player quality varies wildly.

As a tank your team as a whole needs to focus their attack or defence around you.

A lot of gold and even plat players will not accept this. If you take dps you can guarantee that your tanks have back-up or your supports are supported (if you are lucky enough that people don't stubborn it out with 4-5 dps and take tank).

Though there are a lot of bad tanks out there too because some players keep the solo dps mentality.
I feel ur pain. Knowing the my placement is predetermined, and even if i win every single placement I'll be bronze and lower than where I ended last season leaves me not all that excited to jump into it. I feel like people should have to prove they're retaining their skill, and let those who aren't fall and those who are improving - rise. I'm not asking to magically get placed in Diamond - I'd fail miserably, but I think SOME SORT of hard reset should occur.
Right now you don't have to really work hard at higher ranks to keep ur rank, just log on every day and play one game......then when the season resets you'll be placed slightly below where you were, so you're assured to still be high rank.

The top board is stale and stagnant in this game, it's a shame. I love OW and I'd like to actually try and rank in comp, but to know that no matter how hard i work in placements it's all for not, is so incredibly demoralizing.
06/29/2017 10:58 AMPosted by BaByDoLL
I feel ur pain. Knowing the my placement is predetermined, and even if i win every single placement I'll be bronze and lower than where I ended last season leaves me not all that excited to jump into it. I feel like people should have to prove they're retaining their skill, and let those who aren't fall and those who are improving - rise. I'm not asking to magically get placed in Diamond - I'd fail miserably, but I think SOME SORT of hard reset should occur.
Right now you don't have to really work hard at higher ranks to keep ur rank, just log on every day and play one game......then when the season resets you'll be placed slightly below where you were, so you're assured to still be high rank.

The top board is stale and stagnant in this game, it's a shame. I love OW and I'd like to actually try and rank in comp, but to know that no matter how hard i work in placements it's all for not, is so incredibly demoralizing.

This is what annoys me the most in alot of my games on my gold account i will get 60-70 elims and gold damage and we still dont win because of incompetent players or leavers or toxic people .Thats the reason why im thinking of walking away from overwatch .In sc2 i was one of the highest ranking players in the world and in call of duty most the time i carry my team .But in overwatch i watched the worlds no1 rank soldier struggle to carry gold leaguers to a win on a smurf account and this was on youtube he was smurfing so yeh there is a real problem with this ranking system atm and it should be fixed .

Because if i can play in master league and hold my own and win 5 out of 6 games there is a massive problem.Im sick of my placement being determined by other people .