Playerunknown's battlewatch?

General Discussion
I would love to see blizzard's overwatch team's take on Playunknown's battleground.

Like 25 players are just dropped in the larger version of the black forest, or oasis or some such place, one player for each hero, everyone only has their auto attack, and have to run around finding nodes that will allow them to unlock their abilities one by one, as the map shrinks into a mad free for all of death.
Some heroes might be unplayable like mercy who'd be kind of weak solo,(but workarounds can be found) but would be awesome to see a smaller overwatch take on this.
07/15/2017 11:04 AMPosted by Rayzl
I would love to see blizzard's overwatch team's take on Playunknown's battleground.

Like 25 players are just dropped in the larger version of the black forest, or oasis or some such place, one player for each hero, everyone only has their auto attack, and have to run around finding nodes that will allow them to unlock their abilities one by one, as the map shrinks into a mad free for all of death.
Some heroes might be unplayable like mercy who'd be kind of weak solo,(but workarounds can be found) but would be awesome to see a smaller overwatch take on this.

PUBG allows teams of 2, maybe more. Supports could team up with other people, unless you're suggesting everyone get random heroes, which would suck because most people would get heroes they aren't good with.
I'm not sure how many players Overwatch can support and still run well on consoles, but I would resub if they did a BG like this in WoW.
Nice. I can battle Mercy in this mode without people reporting.
I think you just made every widow main cream their pants
07/15/2017 11:15 AMPosted by Overrated
I think you just made every widow main cream their pants

We can make it fair where they can't scope till they unlock it xD
I would prefer it if blizzard just made a whole new game that was battle royale style. They already are top dog in almost every other genre (except moba, though HotS isn't bad).
PUBG is an awesome game! please dont ask the OW Devs to try and copy it they are having a hard enough time trying to balance this game all they would do is !@#$ up OW more by try to add this. let the OW Devs stick to what they do best like making their little money garb events
That game is trash, so lets not.
07/15/2017 11:24 AMPosted by Parzival
PUBG is an awesome game! please dont ask the OW Devs to try and copy it they are having a hard enough time trying to balance this game all they would do is !@#$ up OW more by try to add this. let the OW Devs stick to what they do best like making their little money garb events

Game's balanced according to Jeff Kaplan, besides the point its not the balance thats the issue, its the lack of modes, the new 3 v 3 is a step in the right direction, but give us a nice good free for all, where we can play without constantly blaming all losses on our teammates. Plus with the popularity of PUBG just thought instead of an old 8 v 8 free for all deathmatch, (which i think blizz doesn't like) a more stylized version of PUBG will be right up overwatch's alley.