Reaper - Overpowered

Competitive Discussion
Sorry but he has been pushed too far and now he literally gets played every single game. He has too much sustain and although I agree he was a little weak, now he is just far too strong, especially when his ult ability has a chance of slaying an entire team on the point or payload they are trying to protect.

I'd love to see how much this buff has increased his picking rate because I'd say massively and I really don't like it.
If you think Reaper is overpowered then your brain must be underpowered.
If anyone is overpowered it's THOT D.VA. I swear to God I hate that character so much and she is in practically every game. She is absolutely rage inducing.
07/12/2017 08:04 AMPosted by BBW

No need to be rude :)

I think if you check the statistics you will see he gets picked a lot more now than he ever use to.
07/12/2017 08:18 AMPosted by Diminuendo
07/12/2017 08:04 AMPosted by BBW

I think if you check the statistics you will see he gets picked a lot more now than he ever use to.

Since when does being picked more than a 1% pickrate mean overpowered? Maybe at your gold rank where people don't turn around, have terrible positioning and game sense, can't aim, etc. Anything high than plat-bronze diamond and he's just "reaper". People like you are the reason roadhog got nerfed, with your rapid whining on whatever kills you in game.

Sincerely from the bottom of my heart, shut. The !@#$. Up.
They didn't even buff him they merely reworked his healing. While it may benefit him a bit more to actively heal in combat rather than after it, overall he heals slightly less per elimination than he used to from what I remember.

Rather than him being overpowered, he's just more fun to play now and more people are playing him, you're probably just sick of seeing him when before he wasn't that common of a pick.
He's not overpowered, but he is strong. He's also somewhat necessary when you're up against a good monkey. Nothing about him needs to be changed though
07/12/2017 08:20 AMPosted by combofied
07/12/2017 08:18 AMPosted by Diminuendo

Since when does being picked more than a 1% pickrate mean overpowered? Maybe at your gold rank where people don't turn around, have terrible positioning and game sense, can't aim, etc. Anything high than plat-bronze diamond and he's just "reaper". People like you are the reason roadhog got nerfed, with your rapid whining on whatever kills you in game.

See I don't judge someone on rank.... I'm just saying that I think he able to survive for too long. I can see you a roadhog main, who was drastically overpowered... maybe thats how you got into Grand Masters eh?

anywho just my opinion which I am pretty sure I am allowed :D
His ult sees the most improvement. Before you could kill him like pharah so he had to surprise you. Now he gets crazy healing from it so it's really hard to stop/escape from without DVa eating it.

While I don't play a lot of reaper myself the healing rework while maybe the same (or even less on paper) is much more impactful and dynamic in play.

He seems to stay for a few more shots before you send him to wraith which can be huge to get a pick and for his overall effectiveness. (Zen main who used to eat him for breakfast but now terrified of)
A good D.Va (using defense matrix efficiently) and a damage dealer working together can take out an enemy Reaper. A good Pharah is also a fairly effective way to annoy a Reaper.

D.Va is definitely not overpowered however, that's just stupidity (for the person who said that in this thread).
07/12/2017 08:26 AMPosted by Diminuendo

See I don't judge someone on rank....

See I judge people on the stupid things they say and use their rank to validate my suspicion that they're a potato because high level players seldom say such idiotic things.
07/12/2017 08:43 AMPosted by BBW

See I don't judge someone on rank....

See I judge people on the stupid things they say and use their rank to validate my suspicion that they're a potato because high level players seldom say such idiotic things.

you just come across as rude dude :)
07/12/2017 08:58 AMPosted by Diminuendo

I'd rather be rude than a potato.
07/12/2017 08:58 AMPosted by Diminuendo

its shoes alt account, his main got banned for posting, again, you can probably guess why.
I can 1v1 a Reaper and win. It's timing and luck. If he gets a couple good shots before the matrix he will win. Even blocking his shots and dealing damage on his reload feels like losing. I almost wonder if his steal works on the matrix.

I have drain my matrix timing and dealing shots at a decent range and he stays almost full health. I think a adjustment needs to be made but I don't think he is totally OP.
what a click bait, where are the reaper nudes ?
No, he's not. Its just people in Gold (my rank) can't deal with him.

Simples.
Just pick Pharah?
07/12/2017 09:06 AMPosted by Devine6
I can 1v1 a Reaper and win. It's timing and luck. If he gets a couple good shots before the matrix he will win. Even blocking his shots and dealing damage on his reload feels like losing. I almost wonder if his steal works on the matrix.

I have drain my matrix timing and dealing shots at a decent range and he stays almost full health. I think a adjustment needs to be made but I don't think he is totally OP.

Describing a Di.va/reaper fight and then talk about adjustments due to reaper winning most of the time isn't that relevant since he's supposed to take you out.

Edit: no bashing tho, just stating the facts
<span class="truncated">...</span>

See I don't judge someone on rank.... I'm just saying that I think he able to survive for too long. I can see you a roadhog main, who was drastically overpowered... maybe thats how you got into Grand Masters eh?

anywho just my opinion which I am pretty sure I am allowed :D

If you cared to check my past games I stopped playing roadhog two weeks ago, and just recently got into GM. But keep talking trash, I'll be laughing at you while you sit in gold thinking reaper and roadhog are drastically op. Lmao.

Jeff even said in a recent bluepost roadhog wasn't op, they just nerfed him because too many players !@#$%ed, but you're too stupid to have that type of knowledge right?