When will you give up on this Nonsense?

Competitive Discussion
Dear Blizzard, Do you have any ideas about how !@#$ed up Competitive is right now? everyone in the ENTIRE internet talking about the trolls and throwers in comp?

You know the main reason it became so big in Season 5? It's called Season 5 Placements. Where whatever the hell you do you get like 100-200SR lower than your Season 4 End SR. Where a plat as an example who was trying for Diamond Season 4 and was mid-way, get Ranked DOWN even to Gold. Well yeah of course your Answer is "The MMR is about the same so when they win they get huge boosts in SR Gains" Well just What the hell?

A dude who wants to be diamond when he gets Gold he doesn't even give a %^-* about winning or losing anymore and even if he himself is clean there is still chance that one of the 5 other teammates have the same fate. so Wait for wins and SR gains gg.

The better and more polite ones are either taking a break from comp or are getting owned by the ones whose SR drop has made em mad and they don't care about the games anymore.

Many people hoped for some good (if little) changes to Season 5 when it starts. what did they get? The worst Competitive Season in Overwatch since beta. I was diamond S4 and got Placed SR2610 with 7wins 2loss 1 draw. not to mention one of my losses was because of a throwing IN placements! I just did ONE comp game after placements and it's like months I haven't played. Well thank-me for at least not playing instead of throwing. The S5 trolls aren't much to blame. your system is. The blame is on the system that made people think Comp is the new QP. That all the hope they had for the XXXX Rank is long gone.

Why not just make the 200SR drop for placements for Grandmasters and Top500? so that as you say they still got " a reason to play again". not ordinary mid-tier dudes who just want to hit a milestone?

I've got just one suggestion for Season 6. Just.Don't.!@#$.it.up.
The SR system is a very small part of the game for them. I dont think they place much importance on it especially solo queue in a team game.
07/14/2017 04:21 AMPosted by NKPCBANG1894
The SR system is a very small part of the game for them. I dont think they place much importance on it especially solo queue in a team game.

They should though. It's the bread and butter of the game in terms of E-Sports.

But then again, it's the same story with Blizzard and E-sports as always. They never listen. It ruined Starcraft 2, it ruined Heroes of the Storm and it is going to ruin Overwatch.

If they want people to keep intrested and invested in Overwatch as an E-sport and if they want their Overwatch League to be anything but an utter disaster they need to fix competetive fast.

People aren't gonna follow high level pro gaming of a game that is frustrating to play and basically unfun. And they should know, this is exactly why people fell out of love with starcraft 2 as an esport.

Starcaft 2 was HUGE when it came out. it was the biggest thing in terms of E-Sports. But patch cycles were insultingly slow and changes insanely small - if they changed stuff at all - People had great suggestions on how to make the game better, but blizzard kept their stubborn head and people left. It wasn't even half a year after release that Starcraft 2 has been overtaken by League of Legends which is now a titan of E-Sports while Starcraft 2 is a goddam joke to behold.

Blizzard shouldn't repeat the same with Overwatch but all signs post to them already repeating themselves. it is !@#$ing sad.
The fact is that It doesn't necessarily need a BIG fix. Why not just make the 200SR drop for placements for Grandmasters and Top500? so that as Blizz says they got " a reason to play again". not ordinary mid-tier dudes who just want to hit a milestone?
Well like I posted earlier from my own experience is that when I was 1win away from GM I got matched with a troll and lost then climbed back up and now I got matched up 3 times in a row with the same dude who said in the start "Im deranking" So yeh after this I decided not to even bother anymore.

Since that I've let my accounts decay to 3000 and just chilling with friends since with that elo I can play with them... I dont care if we win or loose and mostly even if we are winning the voicechat is usually toxic same as ingamechat. When the team I am in is toxic I'd much rather loose than win even tho not loosing purpose.

Best deranker's I've seen when my friend showed me a screenshot of a silver match where there was a dude who had been 4.1k+ So just imagine how many games this dude had been throwing to get down to 1.5k elo
07/14/2017 04:28 AMPosted by Myst3ryLars
07/14/2017 04:21 AMPosted by NKPCBANG1894

But then again, it's the same story with Blizzard and E-sports as always. They never listen. It ruined Starcraft 2, it ruined Heroes of the Storm and it is going to ruin Overwatch.

If they want people to keep intrested and invested in Overwatch as an E-sport and if they want their Overwatch League to be anything but an utter disaster they need to fix competetive fast.

People aren't gonna follow high level pro gaming of a game that is frustrating to play and basically unfun. And they should know, this is exactly why people fell out of love with starcraft 2 as an esport.

Starcaft 2 was HUGE when it came out. it was the biggest thing in terms of E-Sports. But patch cycles were insultingly slow and changes insanely small - if they changed stuff at all - People had great suggestions on how to make the game better, but blizzard kept their stubborn head and people left. It wasn't even half a year after release that Starcraft 2 has been overtaken by League of Legends which is now a titan of E-Sports while Starcraft 2 is a goddam joke to behold.

Blizzard shouldn't repeat the same with Overwatch but all signs post to them already repeating themselves. it is !@#$ing sad.

"Wahh wahh I underperformed in my placements and got ranked lower, blizzard should cater to me and me only! Screw everyone else! If you are high rank you should be getting punished for it because you already hit a milestone due to you being good, but us average players, we deserve more! Wahh wahh!"

If you want to reach a milestone, you work for it. I don't know why everyone expects things to be handed to them like they "deserve it" rofl.
07/14/2017 07:12 AMPosted by combofied

"Wahh wahh I underperformed in my placements and got ranked lower, blizzard should cater to me and me only! Screw everyone else! If you are high rank you should be getting punished for it because you already hit a milestone due to you being good, but us average players, we deserve more! Wahh wahh!"

If you want to reach a milestone, you work for it. I don't know why everyone expects things to be handed to them like they "deserve it" rofl.

It doesn't mean some of us should spend many more hours trying to climb just because of the more common occurrence of issues like leavers, throwers or damage dealers which are hardly getting any kills and won't let someone else try.
I'm persistent as hell when I learn a new skill and tend to keep going until I at least have some mastery of what I'm doing but I think OW will be the first game I really enjoy that I might give up on due to lots of leavers and trolls and people completely bereft of work ethic. I think the latter is the worst part.

It's like I'm on a different planet playing this game. I just know it's been... Quite an experience. Blizzard fans, fps players and moba type games draw a really weird group of people. They don't really feel like people who play other types of videogames much, like not extraordinary enough to be eccentric but not really normie enough to be normies.

I'll admit, I hope I never see any of these people in any other games. Not in Smash, Splatoon, Street Fighter, nothing. Kind of the worst fanbase I've seen.
The lack of developer comments in the competitive forum as compared to general is very telling to how they feel about competitive.

Either they truly believe everything is hunky doory with the points system the way it is across all sr levels (hint: there's probably different issues with the matchmaker at different SR levels and timezones) or it's not a priority for them at all, since "QP is played more".

I feel that QP will peter off eventually, competitive is the reason people keep playing the game with the lack of "adventure/story mode". The rank and bragging rights and potential Esports is very big right now - and gamers always have a "main" game they ladder in. If the ladder system is unfair they will move to a game with one that is, with an excited and fresh playerbase.

Dota2 persists because the ladder is fair, and there's an incredible esports scene. League persists because the ladder is fair, and there's an incredible esports scene. CS:Go persists because the ladder is fair, and there's an incredible esports scene.

SCII's playerbase tanked, and viewership is medocre. People complain about it's ladder.

This kind of crap doesn't happen in professional traditional sports. Teams face off against each other regardless of skill, everyone is equal in their "league", and winning is a team effort.

The ranked ladder should be considered "league tiers" and no artificial game balance should be made within them. SR vs SR, that's it, regardless of hidden MMR. Maybe join players as a team based on hidden MMR+SR to form queue teams, but play them against the first similar SR team you find (as the only metric)- the system will work itself out after a month as people normalize.

They need to hire another statistician who understands this.
After last match I was probably part of the problem. Made me reassess how I see the game and think that I can't be inconsiderate enough to continue playing unless I be better about it since I refuse to subject people to the sort of toxicity it brings out in me.

I can see why a friend of mine just quit the game after getting to Diamond in S3 I think it must've been. Or so, he quit a long while back. He said people were just stupid and tilted him and I commend his discipline in forfeiting. That's telling; if the game was better I'd be thinking discipline is what he didn't have, you know?

A team q would be nice. 6 stacks are the most fun I've had with the game.
They don't care. People can say all they want, and nothing will be done. People will eventually quit playing and they will move on to a new game. Everyone agrees that comp is pathetic, but nothing will be done.
It wasn't even half a year after release that Starcraft 2 has been overtaken by League of Legends which is now a titan of E-Sports while Starcraft 2 is a goddam joke to behold.

Hahahahaha. That honor belongs to Dota 2, not League. Don't believe the Pendragon propaganda. League is just as bad as SC2 when it comes down to its esports scene.
07/14/2017 07:12 AMPosted by combofied

I saw 10 WINS 0 LOSS Getting Less SR can you just stop the "Ok lads look what the elder says" Thingy already?