Random FPS drops only fixable by alt tab

General Discussion
Hello all,
I have been playing overwatch for about 6 months now and recentelly I have been having an issue where just out of nowhere (sometimes in team fights, when I respawn, when I am walking around) my fps will drop drop from 50-65 to about 25-35. The only way to fix it is to alt tab out of my game and back in again which will return my fps to normal. I have been having this problem only recentelly.
The computer I have been using is the Asus Sonic Master
Specs -
Nvidia GeForce 840M
Intel core i7
8Gb RAM
1 TB HDD

I run overwatch on all the lowest settings and have render resolution on 75% and screen resolution on 1280 X 720 and have never had this issue before.
I have nothing else open in the background apart for razer synapse which is minimised to to tray and task manager which is what I alt tab to.
I have tried restarting the game and my computer. I already have right clicked my desktop and gone into Nvidia control panel where I chose to run the game on my graphics card.
I have tried downloading a program called process hacker which lets me set overwatchs priority to realtime and it's c/i priority (or something like that) to high.
Please feel free to ask me questions and ask me to test things for you.
Thanks.
Anybody got any answers or questions ?
Contact Blizzard VIA live chat. They will be able to help you a lot more then us.
07/03/2017 06:14 PMPosted by Zeriu
Contact Blizzard VIA live chat. They will be able to help you a lot more then us.

Ok thanks.