Reinhardt is Broken and Blizzard Should Listen

General Discussion
1 2 3 13 Next
Highly Rated
Update 7/15/17: The issues highlighted in this thread have been resolved and hopefully this is the end to this unnecessary ordeal. I thank all those who contributed to this thread and I thank the developers for fixing this issue.

Hello!

The first thing I want you to do is look at my post history.

Yes! I have only posted during the last month and they are all exclusively about Reinhardt and his major game breaking bug that has never been addressed since the anniversary patch!

"what do u mean OP, hes working just fine?"

Well for the technical details you can visit my censored thread here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20757465850?page=1

TL;DR of the Problem:

To simplify, all of Reinhardt's abilities incorporate a very significant delay. His charge, firestrike, earthshatter and melee swings have become heavy, making it extremely hard to time attacks. Furthermore, progressively with each patch his kit has become worse. His charge seems to grab random people (or not grab anyone at all), his firestrike hitbox has shrunk and his earthshatters are a coinflip.

Why do I say censored? Because after getting significant traction, it was thrown into the abyss (the bug report forum), where all complaints are meant to die.

So in an effort to not get this thread thrown out too, I am making it clear that this is a discussion about how Blizzard is not taking Reinhardts major game breaking bug seriously enough. Therefore this thread cannot be placed in the Bug Report Forum as the guidelines are very clear:

Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the General Discussion forum.

"chill out, I'm sure the developers know about this issue, and BLIZZARD IS LISTENING"

But are they listening? Here's what the Game Director of Overwatch has to say about Reinhardt's falling pick rate during this season:

06/26/2017 09:16 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Reinhardt's play time has dropped significantly.

Short of the adjustment to Earthshatter (not intended as a huge balance nerf but rather more of a "that doesn't seem right" fix), we did not touch Reinhardt's balance.

He believes Reinhardt's pick rate has fallen because of a negligible hotfix on his earthshatter, and not the SIGNIFICANT delay in ALL his abilites, an issue that was was discovered 42 days ago.

I'm sorry, but I'm finding it harder and harder to believe anyone in that chain of command actually cares about Reinhardt's issues anymore. I am severely disappointed in the competitive community for not using their influence to get Blizzard to take Gameplay and Hero Bugs seriously, but most of all, I am disappointed in Blizzard at the way they have handled this issue so far.

In an effort to compete with the endless memes that are posted in the general discussion forum, I will shamelessly bump this thread until I have your attention about this major gamebreaking issue. I am sorry I have to resort to such a low level, but I am completely out of options at this point.

In this thread, please discuss how you can help encourage Blizzard to take Hero and Gameplay bugs seriously. You are also welcome to point out any other long-standing bugs that have affected your gameplay/hero which have yet to be addressed on all gaming platforms, so we can finally help Blizzard improve the way they handle issues like this.
Highly Rated
As a Reinhardt main who has been playing since Beta, I can confirm that all of these are absolutely making him unplayable. This has to be addressed Blizzard.
Highly Rated
There is not enough Crusaders on these forums for this to get attention.
And when it does get attention, the thread gets moved to the bug report section where it gets buried. I think it would be best if a blue responded.
Highly Rated
Used to like playing Rein. Now I hate it. He feels so clunky to play and it's disappointing to see something like this.
Highly Rated
He is disgustingly broke, I saw that Mccree charge clip. #MakeAllTanksBrickWalls. But for real fix him.
07/05/2017 08:01 PMPosted by RichC
I think it would be best if a blue responded

I agree, I really hope Blizzard owns up to their mistakes and give this issue (and all the other hero and gameplay issues) it's much needed address.
07/05/2017 08:03 PMPosted by Tedex
07/05/2017 08:01 PMPosted by RichC
I think it would be best if a blue responded

I agree, I really hope Blizzard owns up to their mistakes and give this issue (and all the other hero and gameplay issues) it's much needed address.

Same.
why bliz?

https://youtu.be/ee925OTFBCA?t=14s
His ult never works anymore for some reason. And it feels like the hammers range was decreased by a lot. He's really glitchy right now and I wonder if it has something to do with the most recent patch when they nerfed his ult to where he cant knock enemies out of the sky
bump
07/05/2017 08:16 PMPosted by Blueblizz
bump

Agreed.
Seems like someone is throwing a fit by downvoting all the posts here.

For whatever reason possess you to disagree with my attempt to make the game better for all, I encourage you to post about it.
07/05/2017 08:24 PMPosted by Tedex
Seems like someone is throwing a fit by downvoting all the posts here.

For whatever reason possess you to disagree with my attempt to make the game better for all, I encourage you to post about it.

Okay.
Reinhardt, Orisa, Roadhog... all the tanks fall together...
07/05/2017 08:02 PMPosted by PSNisProniq
He is disgustingly broke, I saw that Mccree charge clip. #MakeAllTanksBrickWalls. But for real fix him.

For those who are curious, he is referring to this reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/6ld5nl/reins_charge_continues_to_be_broken/?st=j4rusksz&sh=231692cb
bump
Reinhardt needs to be fixed. If bastion can have his changes faster than DVA then we need to talk.
07/05/2017 08:34 PMPosted by Blueblizz
bump

True.
Hurry up Blizzard, before our crusaders become paladins.
To anyone who thinks that Blizzard is aware of this problem, please note that this bug is not even tagged in the Known Issues List:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20756825864

This list has been updated three times since the issue was discovered.