Reinhardt is Broken and Blizzard Should Listen

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 13 Next
07/10/2017 06:49 AMPosted by Raidflex
StarCraft II has always been very well balanced, yet Blizzard seems to have issues with balancing Overwatch. In the case of Rein he is just bugged in general. I do not see how ignoring the community will help the game/development. Maybe we need to plaster this all over social media to get any attention.

Starcraft had a ton of balance changes. I'm happy blizzard continue to address balance rather than leaving the game in a bad state like a lot of companies do (especially ones who move on to their next yearly release).
bump
What does this have to do with loot boxes?
07/10/2017 08:22 AMPosted by Zensunni
What does this have to do with loot boxes?

True.
Look can we at least have this fixed before Doomfist so when I come back to play I see Rein working?
07/10/2017 08:22 AMPosted by Karma
bump
Heyo, fellow Reinhardt user here (I would say that he's one of my mains, but let's be real he's not that playable right now). I love the aesthetic of a massive slow man mountain with huge wind up on all of his abilities. Reinhardt, to me at least, is a character that's all about positioning, and his wind ups add weight to his moveset while also making him a hero that thrives on predicting the opponents movements and striking where they're going to be, rather than where they are.

But yeah, this hitbox !@#$ needs to be sorted. I have to cross my fingers every time I hit charge that I won't just boop the target to the side, and Earthshatter can also be a little screwy sometimes (though for me personally it seems to have gotten more consistent since the patch - weird). Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna keep playing my favorite tank no matter what, but it would be nice to have a more reliable pin for the big guy.
Awareness bump because the devs need to see this.
I used to be a Reinhardt player. Now I play ANYBODY ELSE because at least their abilities work.
Bump
Whatcha doing back here?
The forums need to be aware of this!
Blizzard needs to prioritize fixing this!
BUMP!
still #brokenhardted
I changed my username because I love Reinhardt so much, but now I have to main Winston if I want to win. Sure this is partially because Winston is more suited for this meta, but a way bigger reason for my lack of playing him is his bugs. Sure, the hammer bug may not impair his ability to hit hot or another Rein too greatly, but trying using his hammer to hit a genji or tracer. Go ahead, try it, I'll wait....

Blizz fix this.
An AMA thread about Lunatic-Hai Coach was posted in this forum:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20757476339#post-1

I thought I'd highlight some quotes that caught my eye:

When Referring to the problems of Overwatch currently:
OK. So right now I see in the chat: the Blizzard overwatch team’s slow progress, lack of game modes, trolling in competitive, swearing/cursing in competitive, etc. , the fixation of Dive meta, hero balance, slow rate of patch changes, 2CP...

So starting from the Blizzard overwatch team… I personally want Blizzard to change it’s attitude towards the game. When they create online games they must have had a clear objective and a purpose for making this an ‘online game’. What kind of plays they want to witness, what kind of e-sports they want to build with the game, etc. They always have a general outline. That doesn’t seem to be existent in Overwatch for me. It certainly didn’t use to be like this in the Starcraft days. At the time (like, 20 years ago), Blizzard listened to all the complaints of users

It has no authority to listen to the user/fans complaints of the game itself and change them accordingly. That’s only something Blizzard can do, and that’s something that Blizzard seems to be forgetting.

This part actually talks about how Blizzard does not pay attention of the feedback from the Korean Playerbase, however we can relate this to the current situation. Right now, the Reinhardt community is given no attention at all to this game breaking defect.

Is it because he is not part of the meta as some have suggested? If reinhardt dropped out of the meta due to his bugs, then that is not a credible arguement.

Is he unimportant? That's not true either. He is still a highly picked hero in competitive and a generally popular pick by many players.

Are players not complaining enough for it to make it an issue? That still does not make the problem disappear. He is broken in such a way that people do not realize that their performance has dropped significantly.

All in all, it does not seem that Blizzard is taking the complaints seriously. After all, if they did, why are they not communicating with us? Why is the game director only recently aware of this problem? Why do hotfixes take so long to be patched it even though they have been pointed out in PTR multiple times?

When asked if the game is falling in popularity:
I think Their feedback is simply too slow. I’m absolutely certain that if Blizzard just reacts faster than they normally do on Overwatch in terms of user complaints it has the potential to become as popular as LOL. But currently they’re not.

I mean, there used to be a time where everyone begged you to pick Reinhart, and sincerely thanked you when you did. Now people will consider you throwing if you do the exact same thing.

Don’t get me wrong. Blizzard is excellent at making games - probably the best in the world. But that’s it. Their management of the game aftermath has been just……

I don't believe the game is unpopular, but I do believe it can do much better. This is something that blizzard can learn from. Blizzard is too slow when it comes to responses, as Reinhardt mains are painfully aware of.

The poor judgement in thinking that starving the community without a response on major issues like this is backwards in my opinion. I believe this stems on a mentality that by not giving out responses to people, they won't get their hopes up on a quick fix for complex issues.

But this is not what people are complaining about. The Reinhardt Megathread is a prime example of how inefficient the bug report system is. Players pointed out issues with his Melee Swings, Charge, Firestrike, and Earthshatter, yet we get a fix 3 weeks later that adjusts his second melee swing only? Is this because they were not aware of all the other problems or is it because that's the only thing they can fix during that time? They stated that they will look into feedback in PTR, yet despite the entire Reinhardt community stating that it was still not fixed, it was released into live anyways.

An ineffective communication system. We cannot help the developers if they do not talk to us. They do not talk to us because we all have to assume they know what they're doing, when they clearly don't.
bump
We're looking into reported issues with Reinhardt.

Please post bugs in the bug forum (not this thread). The most helpful thing are videos and/or reproducible steps. The more specific, the better.

Thanks for your patience.
07/12/2017 09:14 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Please post bugs in the bug forum (not this thread). The most helpful thing are videos and/or reproducible steps. The more specific, the better.

No, thank you Jeff :)

our knight in shining armor needs your help

My homeboy.

Pretty sure Overwatch Central did a whole video on Reinhardt bugs, including the delayed hammer swing hit, and the wonky charge interactions, complete with video examples.

There's also Star_'s infamous 'got earth shattered from behind Reinhardt shield while the Ana on the ground did not because I was above the shield and the Earthshatter was on an upper level of stairs on Nepal' video.

I mean, I don't have any personal video footage because I can just barely keep Overwatch stable, let alone run FRAPS above it, but I've seen tons of youtube personalities posting videos on these exact bugs.