What's the point of Ana's highlights

General Discussion
If she can't get the Play of the Game?
(The same goes for Sombra.)

If Mercy got her POTG chances reduced by giving her less fire with each resurrected teammates, then why not giving other heroes the same treatment?

I love the new upcoming highlight menu which allows us to save moments of our match and the POTG of it, but it would be great if there was a bit more variability in the POTG than the usual ones.
(You know which heroes tends to get it.)
POTG is based on which hero got the most fire in the shortest amount of time, so that's why it's difficult for the heroes you mentioned to get it. I wish they would change it so fire points aren't the only factor. Ana and Sombra both have some really cool highlight intros and I wish we could see them more!
Well the other day I EMP'd an entire team, got 3 kills and hacked a healthpack to save a teammate; won the game thanks to that. But the POTG went to a Rein who charged one person off the map.

Same thing with Ana; Grenaded an entire team; nanoboosted a Mei, slept an ulting McCree = POTG went to Genji who got 2 reflect kills

I don't get how it works ;_;
Ana needs more love especially since the Tal skin is the best in the game. Especially if you have the shush POTG.
The problem is how poorly assists and healing is rated in the PotG system.

Getting play of the game depends on kills, plain and simple. If you aren't the one doing the killing, you won't get PotG unless you're Mercy.

I have never gotten a Lucio PotG for a clutch Sound Barrier that saves the whole team, just for mult-environmental kills.

I have never gotten a Zenyatta PotG for assisting literally every kill in a teamfight or saving the team in a Graviton Surge with Trancendence, just for pegging a few enemies in the head.

I have never gotten an Ana PotG. Period.

They need to change it so that saving teammate's lives with healing is just as valuable as a kill, or at minimum, slightly less valuable. If someone takes enough damage that they would have died without their healer, their healer saved their life. Give them credit for that. If that healer can do it repeatedly over the course of 12 seconds, then they deserve to be a contender for PotG. Same goes for Sound Barrier. Lucio should get credit for all the damage soaked up by his ult.

CC should count for Shutdown and Lifesaver PotG, even if you don't kill the enemy who does it. Sleeping an ulting enemy Pharah simply doesn't count for PotG unless you follow up with a kill. Ana, Roadhog, and McCree all have achievements for interrupting ults with their stuns, so it's not like the game isn't tracking it.

Supports should be getting PotG for supporting, dammit.
It's just unfair how easy it is to get it with Heroes like Genji, Soldier 76 and other heroes with powerful ults, when heroes like Ana and Sombra who has a more supportive ult and lacks the firepower to get Multikills can't get it.

It has been a year ago that Ana got released and I have only seen like 2 or 3 POTG's with her. How is this acceptable?
I got a quadkill with grenade yet lost the POTG to Torb that got a double kill and a solo kill while he was dead.

I feel your pain.
Ana - Quadkill, Sleep, Grenade (on the enemy), Nanoboost

Mercy - Rez :PPPPPPPP
Come on Blizzard.
The gameplay feels pretty balanced right now.
Please make the feautures of this game balanced as well.

Edit:
This wasn't meant as a troll post...
I really think the Heroes in this game are pretty balanced.
Sure, there could be a few changes, but not much.
My only Sombra potg was when I shutdown an ulting Genji ,hacked a Roadhog ultimate and kill enemies Zenyatta and Sombra .
It was !@#$ing mad and it's far more difficult to have than most character.
I got/see a Potg with all characters except Ana.
The only chance to have Potg id by Nanoboost but if the player you boost do a team wipe the game gives him Potg instead of you.
It's quite the same with Mei,Zarya and Sombra ult when comboed with another ult.
Well I got a random Ana PotG

I threw a grenade in Hamaura's left building near the chokepoint and it killed 3 enemies. That was a random throw though, since I thought they were going there.
Come on Blizzard.

10/10 troll post
07/12/2017 09:19 AMPosted by ZSSenpai
Come on Blizzard.

10/10 troll post
But didn't you see Jeffs post? He said the games balanced, so it HAS to be!
07/12/2017 09:17 AMPosted by PsychoPuff
My only Sombra potg was when I shutdown an ulting Genji ,hacked a Roadhog ultimate and kill enemies Zenyatta and Sombra .
It was !@#$ing mad and it's far more difficult to have than most character.
I got/see a Potg with all characters except Ana.
The only chance to have Potg id by Nanoboost but if the player you boost do a team wipe the game gives him Potg instead of you.
It's quite the same with Mei,Zarya and Sombra ult when comboed with another ult.
Which is why I want to see to see the fire system changed. If Mercy's potg chances got decreased by giving her less fire with every resurrected teammate, then why not giving other heroes the same treatment?

Less Genji POTG'S and more Ana/Sombra POTG's.
My very first game as Sombra I got potg hack over a Widowmaker and it felt SO !@#$ING GOOD.

Never again though.
I don't understand why Blizzard hasn't fixed this. It seems so simple to do, and everybody wants it. I've seen ONE Ana PotG in my entire Overwatch career.
It's such a small insignificant feauture of this game and yet one of the most unbalanced things in the game.

Unless your 'Q' can't get kills (or resurrections), then you can't get potg.
That's how it feels right now.