Why does Rocket Punch destroy Junkrat's trap?

General Discussion
Highly Rated
If Reinhardt charges into a trap, he actually gets trapped. Same thing with Genji's dash. So why does Doomfist destroy it when he uses his charge? He's not punching the ground. It just makes things inconsistent.

Also, Junkrat is already in kind of a bad place against dive comps, so I feel like this could give him a slight edge.
I don't think he does? I have seen people playing Doomfist get trapped by charging into it.
No he destroys the trap each time. I think that it might be some sort of bug, because at the moment he also punches through genji's deflect.
07/06/2017 06:06 PMPosted by Haverhill
No he destroys the trap each time. I think that it might be some sort of bug, because at the moment he also punches through genji's deflect.

Genji can't deflect melee abilities like Rein's hammer, only bullets/projectiles.

EDIT: I'm dumb
Its because the awesomeness of the fist is enough to create a universe where that trap does not exist, thus destroying it.

So glad that we can give this monster a whirl and discover these things before he goes live.

For example, I just discovered that he can contest the point while he's ulting. That's !@#$ing stupid, as even Pharah has to be in reasonably close if she's contesting it alone.
07/06/2017 06:06 PMPosted by ZWheels

Genji can't deflect melee abilities like Rein's hammer, only bullets/projectiles.
Yes he can.

Actually he can. He doesn't send the damage back at them or anything, but he does completely nullify the damage.
07/06/2017 06:02 PMPosted by ZWheels
If Reinhardt charges into a trap, he actually gets trapped. Same thing with Genji's dash. So why does Doomfist destroy it when he uses his charge? He's not punching the ground. It just makes things inconsistent.

Also, Junkrat is already in kind of a bad place against dive comps, so I feel like this could give him a slight edge.

what you should be asking is why does Reinhardts charge get stuck on the trap
not why doesn't doomfist
One of the only parts of his rocket punch that I say needs a rework. Otherwise, it's a good ability.

If you're curious what other part I mean, I mean the cooldown. That 4 seconds is too little.
07/06/2017 06:10 PMPosted by TinyRick

Yes he can.

Whoops. But he can't actually deflect them, he just blocks the damage.
07/06/2017 06:11 PMPosted by SirRender
07/06/2017 06:02 PMPosted by ZWheels

not why doesn't doomfist

Because Doomfist is new. Rein and Genji have both always got trapped when using charge/dash, but now Doomfist made that inconsistent.
Traps should definitely grab all charges, just for consistency's sake.
07/06/2017 06:13 PMPosted by ZWheels
07/06/2017 06:11 PMPosted by SirRender
not why doesn't doomfist

Because Doomfist is new. Rein and Genji have both always got trapped when using charge/dash, but now Doomfist made that inconsistent.

Incorrect. Both Rein and Genji used to go through the trap. It was changed a while back. The same should apply to Rocket Punch.
I'm guessing it's because Genji's dash and Rein's charge don't do enough impact damage to actually kill the trap, while Doomfist charge DOES.

Basically, Rein hits trap, does 50 damage. Trap has 100 HP so is now at 50 HP, trap triggers.

Genji Dashes, hits trap, does 50 damage. Trap has 100 HP so is now at 50 HP, trap triggers.

Doomfist fully charges rocket punch, hits trap, does 100 damage. Trap has 100 HP and is destroyed.
07/06/2017 06:25 PMPosted by K128
I'm guessing it's because Genji's dash and Rein's charge don't do enough impact damage to actually kill the trap, while Doomfist charge DOES, so it kills the trap.

Basically, Rein hits trap, does 50 damage. Trap has 100 HP so is now at 50 HP, trap triggers.

Genji Dashes, hits trap, does 50 damage. Trap has 100 HP so is now at 50 HP, trap triggers.

Doomfist fully charges rocket punch, hits trap, does 100 damage. Trap has 100 HP and is destroyed.

But why does it damage the trap in the first place? It's his fist that's doing the damage, not his feet.
07/06/2017 06:30 PMPosted by ZWheels
07/06/2017 06:25 PMPosted by K128
I'm guessing it's because Genji's dash and Rein's charge don't do enough impact damage to actually kill the trap, while Doomfist charge DOES, so it kills the trap.

But why does it damage the trap in the first place? It's his fist that's doing the damage, not his feet.

Probably because like everything in Overwatch, it has a giant oversized collision box.
+1 great point
DoomFist is still in PTR, he hasn't been added to the full game, DoomFist was added to the PTR for testing hence the name "Public Test Region".
07/06/2017 06:39 PMPosted by RoastingGril
DoomFist is still in PTR, he hasn't been added to the full game, DoomFist was added to the PTR for testing hence the name "Public Test Region".

When was the last time Blizzard changed anything from PTR to live besides bug fixes?